What's the difference between sativa and indica?

PaRaLyZeD-420

Growing Guru
What's the difference between sativa and indica? What are the different highs? How can I tell? Ask your Indica vs Sativa questions here.

well, i would like to know the differance, i do not as of yet know, the stem on my plants are purple, whats that all about? or is it indica?

purple is just from the strain or if the plant is cold it can turn purple. Indica plant have short fat leaves, and the buds come out shorter but alolt fatter. Then sativa has long skinny leaves and the buds are normally really longer but skinny.

I heard some great minds in history smoked sativa to come up with ideas. I think I heard the name Earnest Hemingway

there is a thread that explanes indica - Cannabis Indica, it has a really good explenation on it.

Well yeah... Purple coloration is mostly genitic or because of temps. Some nutrient difficancys can also cause purpling of the stem. Yet some is perfectly normal.

Now to the sativa and indica thing. Heres my input. Sativas originated from the equadorial region of the earth. They produce fluffyer airy buds and are rich in THC and low CBD and CBN. This gives a heady up high. The airyness helped protect the plant from mold and rot. There is alot of air movment in the bud, and little space to serve as a foothold for mold. This is important in a humid tropical area.

Indicas addapted to the desert dry climate. They produce dence chunky buds. They can have high THC but they have more CBD and CBN than sativas. Indicas give you a heavy body stoned feeling. They were tight to prevent drying in their hot dry temps.

Back
Top Bottom