Sativa vs Indica? Is there a difference?

I don't think I have smoked an actual true sativa in decades. I think ( forgive my memory laps) the first was some Acapulco Gold back around 1973 it was amazing, but considering I had been only smoking street weed up until then and that was some real crap back then. Around 2 years later the Columbian gold showed up and it was good, but I think it was more the taste than the high I enjoyed. By the 80's I gave up street drugs and drinking an was just smoking cannabis, I was dealing with a guy that awesome stuff he was just a dumass cokehead but he had some Afghani weed that just knocked my socks off. That's when I did a little research and read about sativa and indica. He got some chocolate Thai weed, he called the indica brown weed and the sativa green weed, anyhoo, the chocolate Thai weed tasted amazing Luke nothing g ever before, but the high was not as good for me. I realized then I liked that more couch lock high. Hope this made sense my meds kicked in halfway thru and the brain went all fuzzy

I don't think I have smoked an actual true sativa in decades. I think ( forgive my memory laps) the first was some Acapulco Gold back around 1973 it was amazing, but considering I had been only smoking street weed up until then and that was some real crap back then. Around 2 years later the Columbian gold showed up and it was good, but I think it was more the taste than the high I enjoyed. By the 80's I gave up street drugs and drinking an was just smoking cannabis, I was dealing with a guy that awesome stuff he was just a dumass cokehead but he had some Afghani weed that just knocked my socks off. That's when I did a little research and read about sativa and indica. He got some chocolate Thai weed, he called the indica brown weed and the sativa green weed, anyhoo, the chocolate Thai weed tasted amazing Luke nothing g ever before, but the high was not as good for me. I realized then I liked that more couch lock high. Hope this made sense my meds kicked in halfway thru and the brain went all fuzzy
Makes total sense to me but I’m just the opposite. I like the happy feeling the energetic feeling like I’m ready to take on the day. Btw I’m a daily wake n baker. lol CL🍀

I was a total sativa lover, but I now find I also like the indica buzz as it is not so taken over my mind I can sit and relax, and I definitely see a difference between the two. But with all the hybrids there is out there I do not think you can find a totally sativa or indica anymore. Just my thoughts. We all buy seeds from different sellers, and they say it is this or it is that but how do we really know what it is. We grow it and sometimes can see it is dominantly sativa or indica. but again, we do not know. You like it or you do not. All I know for sure is right now I am stoned, and I like it. Did any of that make sense?

I was a total sativa lover, but I now find I also like the indica buzz as it is not so taken over my mind I can sit and relax, and I definitely see a difference between the two. But with all the hybrids there is out there I do not think you can find a totally sativa or indica anymore. Just my thoughts. We all buy seeds from different sellers, and they say it is this or it is that but how do we really know what it is. We grow it and sometimes can see it is dominantly sativa or indica. but again, we do not know. You like it or you do not. All I know for sure is right now I am stoned, and I like it. Did any of that make sense?
Yup 👍. CL🍀

I’m real weird with my weed. My current tent grow is all pure Sativas from Ace Seeds. I was always an Indica and hybrid guy 60/40, either way. I grew Indica mostly for pain and sleep meds for me, mom, family and friends. I had wrist surgery 4 years ago and my Cookie Monster was amazing and did better for my pain then the pills they prescribed (stopped using them after 3 days and went just weed/Advil) Anyways I always wanted to try a pure sativa after a trippy experience with some Cinderella 99 (still looking for that same effect/high) Tried C99 from female seeds but wasn’t a fan, but a very light airy Sativa structure. (Canuk Seeds isn’t bad and growing again after successful grow last outdoor season) Then I tried an Ace Seed tent grow before and fucked up good on all but my Golden Tiger and have been in love with Sativas for over a year since then. Now the weird thing is that Golden Tiger will either make me energetic/focused/talkative on 2-4 bowls. Anything after that and it hits me like an Indica in that my eyes are tired , body is numb and I’m ready to pass out because everything is getting dizzy. I will even get this if I’ve had a stressful day of work and that 2-3 bowls now makes me relaxed and sleepy. My buddy loves it for when we go Golfing. Straightest he’s ever been with his drives off the tee and seems to drive it further too. I tried GT once but didn’t work that day but found my Gorilla Zkittlez did. Sadly though it didn’t work my last round, but had some slight back problems

Here is the scientific view from a peer-reviewed journal cited in PMC:

"There are biochemically distinct strains of Cannabis, but the sativa/indica distinction as commonly applied in the lay literature is total nonsense and an exercise in futility. One cannot in any way currently guess the biochemical content of a given Cannabis plant based on its height, branching, or leaf morphology. The degree of interbreeding/hybridization is such that only a biochemical assay tells a potential consumer or scientist what is really in the plant. It is essential that future commerce allows complete and accurate cannabinoid and terpenoid profiles to be available."

Cannabis Cannabinoid Res. 2016; 1(1): 44–46.
Published online 2016 Jan 1. doi: 10.1089/can.2015.29003.ebr

I’m real weird with my weed. My current tent grow is all pure Sativas from Ace Seeds. I was always an Indica and hybrid guy 60/40, either way. I grew Indica mostly for pain and sleep meds for me, mom, family and friends. I had wrist surgery 4 years ago and my Cookie Monster was amazing and did better for my pain then the pills they prescribed (stopped using them after 3 days and went just weed/Advil) Anyways I always wanted to try a pure sativa after a trippy experience with some Cinderella 99 (still looking for that same effect/high) Tried C99 from female seeds but wasn’t a fan, but a very light airy Sativa structure. (Canuk Seeds isn’t bad and growing again after successful grow last outdoor season) Then I tried an Ace Seed tent grow before and fucked up good on all but my Golden Tiger and have been in love with Sativas for over a year since then. Now the weird thing is that Golden Tiger will either make me energetic/focused/talkative on 2-4 bowls. Anything after that and it hits me like an Indica in that my eyes are tired , body is numb and I’m ready to pass out because everything is getting dizzy. I will even get this if I’ve had a stressful day of work and that 2-3 bowls now makes me relaxed and sleepy. My buddy loves it for when we go Golfing. Straightest he’s ever been with his drives off the tee and seems to drive it further too. I tried GT once but didn’t work that day but found my Gorilla Zkittlez did. Sadly though it didn’t work my last round, but had some slight back problems
Didn’t you read what Ace said about the Tiger 🐅? Can be devastating to all but the most experienced Sativa users! I grew some Tangie that’s Sativa dominant but I smoked more than I should have to get the effects I wanted. You smoked more than you needed to or jumped into the deep water before learning to swim. Imo CL🍀

It started as one plant strain. New environments and thousands of years mutated it into countless individual stains and even 3 unique species. Every species and strain was noticeably different in it's growth and effects. Pure strains are not as commercially profitable with longer grow times, lower yields, temperamental grow conditions or no catchy marketing name. In 30 years we have undone thousands of years of natural selection. Anyone who says there is no difference has never experienced pure strain.

It started as one plant strain. New environments and thousands of years mutated it into countless individual stains and even 3 unique species. Every species and strain was noticeably different in it's growth and effects. Pure strains are not as commercially profitable with longer grow times, lower yields, temperamental grow conditions or no catchy marketing name. In 30 years we have undone thousands of years of natural selection. Anyone who says there is no difference has never experienced pure strain.
Entropy theory tells us that the needed combination of building blocks used in the creation of the cannabis form of life, must have occured not just one time, but many times, maybe even countless times throughout the ages. This allows for the possibility that although related by having identical starting requirements, cannabis could have originated in many places, independently, over time. We can see this in the human species, in that groups of us appear to have begun independently, and with different unique traits than found in the other groups. Do we all spring from one origin as the Adam and Eve theory tells us, or is there the possibility of multiple starts? There is a theory that some of our descendants began on other planets, and what does this do to our one origin theories? What if we discover cannabis on Mars?

It appears that the explanation for landrace varieties, that sprung up out of nowhere, seemingly independently, and then developed with their unique response to the nature they found themselves in, can be found in entropy theory. Because they sprung out of the same muck from the same planet, they are related by similar enough elemental genetics, but yet specifically are not descendants of one another. As we classify these plants found all over the world as members of the cannabis group, we only note their similarities and put them in the same family tree. Rather than entertain entropy, we ignore that there is a missing link to a single origin.

Is there enough evidence to prove that all cannabis plants came from the same first plant and then evolved into at least two distinct lines, maybe more? Can there be any explanation as to how this original plant was propagated all over the planet so that all lines are related back to this original? Entropy makes more sense and is easier to explain. Put the right ingredients into the soup, and presto... out pops life. Nature finds a way. The results: similar, but uniquely different because of time and place.

Entropy theory tells us that the needed combination of building blocks used in the creation of the cannabis form of life, must have occured not just one time, but many times, maybe even countless times throughout the ages. This allows for the possibility that although related by having identical starting requirements, cannabis could have originated in many places, independently, over time. We can see this in the human species, in that groups of us appear to have begun independently, and with different unique traits than found in the other groups. Do we all spring from one origin as the Adam and Eve theory tells us, or is there the possibility of multiple starts? There is a theory that some of our descendants began on other planets, and what does this do to our one origin theories? What if we discover cannabis on Mars?

It appears that the explanation for landrace varieties, that sprung up out of nowhere, seemingly independently, and then developed with their unique response to the nature they found themselves in, can be found in entropy theory. Because they sprung out of the same muck from the same planet, they are related by similar enough elemental genetics, but yet specifically are not descendants of one another. As we classify these plants found all over the world as members of the cannabis group, we only note their similarities and put them in the same family tree. Rather than entertain entropy, we ignore that there is a missing link to a single origin.

Is there enough evidence to prove that all cannabis plants came from the same first plant and then evolved into at least two distinct lines, maybe more? Can there be any explanation as to how this original plant was propagated all over the planet so that all lines are related back to this original? Entropy makes more sense and is easier to explain. Put the right ingredients into the soup, and presto... out pops life. Nature finds a way. The results: similar, but uniquely different because of time and place.
Interesting theory 🤔 but I don’t know how it happened only that I’m really happy that it did. CL🍀

Satindica of Indiva, don't matter to me. Just pass one this way! :ganjamon:

it is possible to genetically trace cannabis. it is how research discovered it's origins to have come from ancient china, and where it spread from there, through natural means and human intervention.

cannabis has been selectively bred and human manipulated since before written history. it is believed to have been one of the very first crops purposely cultivated. it may even have been the first.

the name sativa literally means to cultivate. in earlier times the term latin term cannabis sativa simply meant the hemp plant that humans cultivate. it's genetic history is completely intertwined with our own human history.

Back
Top Bottom