Whats wrong with these clones

Filamom

Hi there I am new to growing and cutting clones. I need some help my clones are turning dark and mushy on the tops (rotting I think) and on the leaves close to where the tops would be. Here is the info on my situation - The clones are in rockwool, we used powdered sim root, the room is kept at 27-29c (inside of the trays is a similar temp), the humidity inside of the trays is between 70-80%, there is no moisture inside of the trays and we are using a fluorescent light. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Picture6_088.jpg

could be too much moisture. the plant cant support that much leaf matter, should cut leaves in half. whole bunch of videos on youtube that show examples.

looks like the rock wool is too wet, not allowing air , rockwool CAN be too wet if it soaks up too much water, maybe sqeeze some water out,they DO LOOK VERY WET! also like pit said, make sure you ph'd the rockwool. it's usually high and has to be lowered. Trimming the leaves is an additional step but not totally necessary, although I do it everytime with 100% success. it helps the roots to develop quicker by sending rooting hormones down the stem.

Back
Top Bottom