What's your opinion on this issue?

wd420

Once marijuana is legalized in Ca (my state =) do you think small time growers will be able to make money selling? Or will everyone and WalMart be "slanging their stuff," so the market will be too flooded to sell? I'm a new grower, and I like to think I'll be able to legally make money from, uh, selling weed, haha.

No responses, probably because it's hard to say. If you want to sell it, if allowed, you'll need to run it like a business and have business license, pay taxes, etc. This is assuming your local area has zoning laws that allow it, and the city council will approve your business license. This may well make your buds too expensive. I believe the only way to make money off of it and keep the price reasonable will be to keep it underground...and the tax man and other jurisdictions having authority won't like that. Good question...got me thinking. Because of zoning laws and necessary business approvals, even though the general law may imply legality, there may be very few opportunities to make a business out of it right out of the gate. All of those issues will have to be worked out. Keep it free and compassionate, share your bounty where possible, however, and "the man" won't be able to touch you.

I beleive that, when/if legalized, it will go the same way as alcohol. In time, it will be another corporate enterprise, with a small market for connoisseur level cannabis. Simply, the law of supply and demand.

Back
Top Bottom