When can I harvest?

Tripdontfall

420 Member
Hi guys I’m a first time grower, have to say I’m falling in love with the art of growing marijuana. I want to know how long you guys think I have before I can harvest? I’m not much of a trichome person either.... the first plant I experimented and cut the top off as you can see. I’m starting to regret it because I think I stressed her out a bit because the buds are getting bigger just at a much slower rate.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    620.3 KB · Views: 44
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    528.6 KB · Views: 43
This little baby sprouted a week late but is progressing nicely thanks to some TLC. Although when I planted the seed I kinda misjudged my aim and placed it closer to the edge of the pot. Do you guys think that’ll have a negative effect? How much do you guys think these girls will yield? What’s your overall opinion?

Attachments

• BB58219A-2254-4F39-B6D4-C9849E8495ED.jpeg
    BB58219A-2254-4F39-B6D4-C9849E8495ED.jpeg
    646.5 KB · Views: 29
  • 41492E9A-69D3-4EF3-A629-00F2F1C1E9DA.jpeg
    41492E9A-69D3-4EF3-A629-00F2F1C1E9DA.jpeg
    727.4 KB · Views: 38
This little baby sprouted a week late but is progressing nicely thanks to some TLC. Although when I planted the seed I kinda misjudged my aim and placed it closer to the edge of the pot. Do you guys think that’ll have a negative effect? How much do you guys think these girls will yield? What’s your overall opinion?
no it shouldnt affect it being offset a little bit from the middle
how much your plant will yield is the billion dollar question lol, i have found its really hard to tell the actual size of the plants from pictures, so unless you put a tape measure noone really has a good idea of how big the plant is except you
i think the plant looks good, but once again its hard to tell from the pictures, unless you have a really good camera its hard to see all the little details of the leaf
my camera phone is pretty crappy, i personally cant take bery good photos either.
you would be best to get a 60+ magnification loupe or microscope, you can get one on amazon for less than 5$ i think, thats the only way to tell for sure unless you wait really long into flowering and can see the amber trichomes with your naked eye, and its almost impossible to distinguish clear from cloudy, so if you are getting antsy about harvesting and dont have a loupe.... well ill say i harvested my last plant right on the cusp of being premature, it gets you high, but my mind feels like theres just somethjng missing, and its a pretty shitty feeling to have to wait another plant cycle to get the cloudy amber 75/25 that i am shooting for now and in the future

Hi guys I’m a first time grower, have to say I’m falling in love with the art of growing marijuana. I want to know how long you guys think I have before I can harvest? I’m not much of a trichome person either.... the first plant I experimented and cut the top off as you can see. I’m starting to regret it because I think I stressed her out a bit because the buds are getting bigger just at a much slower rate.
it sounds like you topped the plant, you topped it early in veg? if you did it at the 4th or fifth node back at the beginning of veg it shouldnt of stressed the plant at all
if you did it anytime after flipping to 12/12 yeah definitely could have stunted the growth
probably just a good chance its two different plants and they are growing differently and/or not as big
even if both plants are flipped same time 12/12 doesnt always mean they will flower at exactly the same rate also to keep that in mind

no it shouldnt affect it being offset a little bit from the middle
how much your plant will yield is the billion dollar question lol, i have found its really hard to tell the actual size of the plants from pictures, so unless you put a tape measure noone really has a good idea of how big the plant is except you
i think the plant looks good, but once again its hard to tell from the pictures, unless you have a really good camera its hard to see all the little details of the leaf
my camera phone is pretty crappy, i personally cant take bery good photos either.
you would be best to get a 60+ magnification loupe or microscope, you can get one on amazon for less than 5$ i think, thats the only way to tell for sure unless you wait really long into flowering and can see the amber trichomes with your naked eye, and its almost impossible to distinguish clear from cloudy, so if you are getting antsy about harvesting and dont have a loupe.... well ill say i harvested my last plant right on the cusp of being premature, it gets you high, but my mind feels like theres just somethjng missing, and its a pretty shitty feeling to have to wait another plant cycle to get the cloudy amber 75/25 that i am shooting for now and in the future
The first plant is 1 ft and the second plant is about 8 inches give or take. And I have a microscope just not good at telling the difference between the milky and clear trichomes

it sounds like you topped the plant, you topped it early in veg? if you did it at the 4th or fifth node back at the beginning of veg it shouldnt of stressed the plant at all
if you did it anytime after flipping to 12/12 yeah definitely could have stunted the growth
probably just a good chance its two different plants and they are growing differently and/or not as big
even if both plants are flipped same time 12/12 doesnt always mean they will flower at exactly the same rate also to keep that in mind
I actually let the light hit them 24/7 I just try to keep them distant from the light to lower stress, also they are both candy cane autos which is why I find it so weird. As far as topping it I found out after that I waited too long to top it off, which could be why she’s slowing down, I just didn’t think it would happen while the buds are blooming?

I actually let the light hit them 24/7 I just try to keep them distant from the light to lower stress, also they are both candy cane autos which is why I find it so weird. As far as topping it I found out after that I waited too long to top it off, which could be why she’s slowing down, I just didn’t think it would happen while the buds are blooming?
probably light stress, you shouldnt be flowering with 24/0 cycle whether the plant is an auto or not, pretty sure not positive but autos should be at 18/6 max, youre stressing the plant probably more from the 24 hr light than anything

probably light stress, you shouldnt be flowering with 24/0 cycle whether the plant is an auto or not, pretty sure not positive but autos should be at 18/6 max, youre stressing the plant probably more from the 24 hr light than anything
Yeah I figured. I’ve talked to a couple people who do 24. But I don’t wanna switch now because I don’t want to confuse my plant back to veg. What should I do?

Yeah I figured. I’ve talked to a couple people who do 24. But I don’t wanna switch now because I don’t want to confuse my plant back to veg. What should I do?
im no pro but i qould drop it to 18/6 anyone else have a suggestion? i dont want to mess up your plants. if youre growing autos they probably arent going to yield all that much anyways, could just be a wide range of phenos from that seed and being auto they arent going to yield much to begin with?
i am trying to grow for yield too, but my main goal is to keep my plant healthy, i believe in happy plant happy flowers better flowers better yield, but thats just me.

Back
Top Bottom