What nutes shall I use?

TheGrowerOfDank

420 Member
Hi guys I’m a first timer researching my first grow. What nutes shall I use? I’m going to be growing in canna coco. From my research I’ve read that fox farm trio is pretty good what do you guys recommend? Also is that all I would need or would I require other nutes too?
Thanks!

A lot of people here use Mega Crop, it's like $10 a kilo and it's a single fertilizer. Meaning there's no mixing different bottles and different amounts from each bottle during different stages.

Mega Crop you start young plants at 2gm gallon and raise 1gm a week until at 5gm. Then during bloom 6gm.

It's a good idea to have Cal/mag around as well.

Look through the end of the mega Crop thread. It's good stuff!

Hi guys I’m a first timer researching my first grow. What nutes shall I use? I’m going to be growing in canna coco. From my research I’ve read that fox farm trio is pretty good what do you guys recommend? Also is that all I would need or would I require other nutes too?
Thanks!

You may need cal/mag and silica(Protekt) just in case. Look in my signature for the link to mega crop thread.

A lot of people here use Mega Crop, it's like $10 a kilo and it's a single fertilizer. Meaning there's no mixing different bottles and different amounts from each bottle during different stages.

Mega Crop you start young plants at 2gm gallon and raise 1gm a week until at 5gm. Then during bloom 6gm.

It's a good idea to have Cal/mag around as well.

Look through the end of the mega Crop thread. It's good stuff!
Raising 1 gm per water is not a good idea. But it is almost that simple.

Here to second megacrop. And I think they still give you a bag for free? Anyways, one bag should be plenty to get you through one grow.

Hi guys I’m a first timer researching my first grow. What nutes shall I use? I’m going to be growing in canna coco.

That company also produces nutrients, lol. And they're formulated for growing in coco coir substrates.

From my research I’ve read that fox farm trio is pretty good

In general, multi-part nutrient sets are great for the ability to tailor your plant's feed to what that specific strain/phenotype/plant needs. Fox Farm is no exception. However, Fox Farm is primarily a "soil" brand. If you just ask for the "Fox Farm Trio," you'll almost certainly get the set that is intended for soil use. Therefore - since you're growing in coco coir - make sure to specifically ask for the Grow Big Hydroponic component (the other two products just have/need one version each). I have read of pH (stability) issues when using the regular (soil) Grow Big in hydroponic grows.

Canna coco and their coco A&B nutrients are formulated to use together. It's good stuff and two bottles all the way, but can be expensive.
Maybe start with something easy like canna, dynagro or megacrop and spend more time and money making sure your lights and odor control are in check for your fist grow

General Hydroponics makes great nutes for growing in coco.
The Flora Trio series works well, and there are lots of adds on you can include if you want.
No PH issues at all.
No complaints using other than the pain of mixing it all.
I'm using Mega Crop now.

Question, could you use megacrop in a perpetual grow? Or would you need to mix different nutes for each plant? I.e. in my setup I harvest one plant every two weeks, so i have plants at two, four, six, and 8 weeks of flower in my bloom cabinet. Every time I harvest one, another comes over from the veg tent, etc etc.

Question, could you use megacrop in a perpetual grow? Or would you need to mix different nutes for each plant? I.e. in my setup I harvest one plant every two weeks, so i have plants at two, four, six, and 8 weeks of flower in my bloom cabinet. Every time I harvest one, another comes over from the veg tent, etc etc.
You could do it, you'd just add more mega crop for the more mature plants. The plants require more as they grow and usually indicate if they've had enough from the color of their leaves.

I'd mix a base batch and with each plant, add more according to how old they are. There's a calculator online to help you determine what Green Leaf recommends here: Feeding Calculator
You'll obviously wanna feed according to what the plant needs.

Cheers for the replies guys! I’ve decided to use coco coir for my medium and mega crop for nutes. I’m not experienced with MC, will I need to buy a ph changing solution for my water and MC mix or does the mega crop make the ph correct to? Also I will get the cal mag but are there any other additional additives I’ll want?

Cheers for the replies guys! I’ve decided to use coco coir for my medium and mega crop for nutes. I’m not experienced with MC, will I need to buy a ph changing solution for my water and MC mix or does the mega crop make the ph correct to? Also I will get the cal mag but are there any other additional additives I’ll want?
Partially depends on your water. I keep both on the shelf just in case. My mix comes out 6.2 after mixing.

From what I recall from the mega crop thread, ph is controversial. Some say it is not needed some say it may be needed. I believe MC works well in a pretty wide PH range. I stopped PH testing when I switched to MC with no issues but my PH is within a decent range. Sorry I'm not of more help on this one

You should have something to raise and lower your PH just as a matter of course.
I PH mine to between 5.8 and 6.0
Keep the Calmag as an add on just in case you need it
MC is billed as a complete solution. So far, I haven't needed to add anything

Back
Top Bottom