What medium should I go with

Chiefy

Starting my second grow I used fox farm soils and nutes and it worked out pretty good for me but hearing theses better stuff out there what would yous recommend for medium and nutes I’m only growing top shelf exotics and dont really care bout yields much I just really want some good looking and tasting bud any tips of advice thanx in advance.

there's always better stuff out there.

go with what you like and are comfortable with. if you liked the last grow and had success, go with it and improve. :)
them top shelf exotics may not take to a change of horse mid stream.

LOS is simpler than Coco.
Don't have to mess with pH or getting nutrients exactly right.

I just water daily with plain filtered water and watch it grow.

everything has drawbacks. you have to have the space in LOS to mix and cook the soil. it's not exactly small place friendly. it's hard for a lot of renters and apt dwellers to achieve realistically.

i'd go LOS in a heartbeat if the circumstances allowed. i'd frankly like to do closed loop.

everything has drawbacks. you have to have the space in LOS to mix and cook the soil. it's not exactly small place friendly. it's hard for a lot of renters and apt dwellers to achieve realistically.

i'd go LOS in a heartbeat if the circumstances allowed. i'd frankly like to do closed loop.
You can buy the soil all ready to go just dump into pot and inoculate with mycorrhazae.
You do need to have the space for a 20 gallon pot though.
My space is just a bathtub 2x5

You can buy the soil all ready to go just dump into pot and inoculate with mycorrhazae.
You do need to have the space for a 20 gallon pot though. :cheesygrinsmiley:
My space is just a bathtub 2x5

i wanna shoot for something along with vermiposting and / or other composting if i can swing it eventually.
it's literally a dream at this point.

there's also the cost factor. buying premade soils gets pricey compared to my current media.

i'm running hempy now. i spent $30 cdn for 2 1/2 yrs worth of media, without re-using .... on the second bale now. i'm running MC which is pennies a feed. i bought the $120 dollar 9kg bag. turns out it will last long enough to bequeath in my will. my buckets were a buck each at the dollar store lol :p

that said i'd rather have the infrastructure to do long term self sustained closed loop organics.

edit : forgot to add if you have the wherewithal to do it - it's even cheaper than hempy :cheesygrinsmiley:

In the end, all types of media can give you good results...
You can also fail as per my posts in /coco
But most of the time, coco is kind

coco is good for new folk cause it's almost impossible to over water.

Howdy,
I have been doing well with Pro Mix HP CC using a one inch base of size #4 perlite then mix in about 20% of same to the medium.
Works well with my setup.

Back
Top Bottom