When can I sex my plants?

hc5guam

I am currently at week 5 from seed. Plants range from 6-9". Starting to get secondary leaves/branching off of leaves from main stem. Lighting at 18/6 using Fox Farm nutes. Planning to flower starting 1st week of January. When can I sex my plants? After I start flower light cycle? When should I take clones? Any/All advice highly appreciated. Here are a couple pictures showing you all where I am at currently. By the way, these are Blue Mystic from seed.

downsized-1222000625.248624
downsized-1222000624.248623

They should start showing pre flowers any time now, usually 5-8 weeks from seed.

Do you have alternating nodes yet?

Keep your light schedule and nutes the same for the time being. No 12/12 silliness until you are ready to flower.

If the growth is big enough, take your clones now and give the plants time to recover.

If you want to, take a clone, put in a cup of water and put into 12/12 till it shows sex. No need to root them, just make sure you know which ones came from what plant. When it shows sex, toss the clone and pour out the water. LOL

Have fun.

DD

yes take a clone now while in veg if your going to do that but look for typical female signs. you could go to 16/8 it would pre flower quicker w/ in a week or 2. and keep it in 16/8 until 12/12.
a clone could take that long to root. you should take a clone anyway.
we're they fem seeds or reg blue mystic?
blue mystic is predominately indica and would do very well on 16/8.
i ordered bm from nirvana and is very sweet, w/ bluish yellow buds.
i wish i veg'ed longer like at 14 inches. its a short plant but. at 12 to 14 id pull the trigger i only got a ounce off each plant.:lot-o-toke:

Back
Top Bottom