When to flush? Need advice. Thank you

Phew, took some time to dig out what kind of strain I have. :circle-of-love:

I grow them indoor, started on 12-12 cycle on June 21. That was a mistake, should have put them on that cycle from the start but didn't know better then. Had problems with pests so that set them back. No timer for lightning, doing it myself, not that I sleep much anyway. :D Might as well do something useful.

Lightning? Have two of them but one I know specifics off is SHP-TS GroLux, 400W. They are on for about 6 hours and then the plants get 6 hours of sun (more natural light).

Trichomes are turning cloudy so I'm thinking to flush in a day or two...

Btw. checked for nanners alert! Found none, and the seeds don't really look like there will be something out of it.

Thank you for the willingness to help! :thanks:

You are currently at 12 weeks in Flower.

There is NO need to grow 12/12 from the start unless you want a smaller plant/smaller yield. But even then, training can help fix that. I suggest at least 4 weeks Veg time for photo period plants to give them time to mature.

Use a timer. Always use a timer. These plants need accurate timing for lights on/off, deviations can slow progress, and I honestly don't know what to tell you about when to flush now. The only way to get an idea of a flush now, will be seeing trichomes, or at least knowing the % of clear, cloudy, and amber. If you can take a picture, or a few pictures through the magnifier that helps a lot. But if not, give the most accurate % of each trichome color.

Make sure when you check trichomes you look on the BUD, and not on the sugar leaves (Leaves covered in trichomes).

Seeds do not grow without pollen, so the pollen had to come from somewhere if they are in fact fertilized.

Anything else, let me know!

I'm always happy to help out, it makes the growing experience a little better when you have a forum to get some help, and I fully support and believe in Cannabis. Not helping would go against what I believe in brother.

Make a few changes for your next grow, like the addition of a timer. It takes a little work off of you, makes the lighting schedule exact, and you'll have more time to enjoy life without worrying about having to turn on/off the lights.

Tried to take photos of trichomes but I cant catch what I want to show you. The magnifier is not good enough. In percentage, I'd say 50:50 clear:cloudy on the buds. But they are maturing pretty fast. Let's say I flush it in the next two or three days, is it possible for the trichomes to turn all the way cloudy in the next two weeks?

Also, I've noticed white pistils coming out of buds where most pistils are red/going brown. They look new to me. Is that normal?

Photos I took:

b337.jpg
b242.jpg
b164.jpg

:thanks:

If they're 50/50 you're not ready yet. You want as close to 100% cloudy as possible, with very few clear, and very few amber.

New trichomes and pistils will continue to be produced until the plant is harvested, so don't let that worry you. You also have a fair amount of brown pistils, which indicates that the plant is maturing. So just keep an eye on the trichomes.

I would estimate that you're about 1-3 weeks away from harvest, so you should be able to safely start flushing now.

:cheer:

I thought that day would never come! Can I somehow help the trichomes mature faster? I know there aren't any magic potions but if there is something that can help them a little bit....

Hi. I've been waiting for some nice weather and finally some sun. But! lol. Always a but. I've thought about cutting them tomorrow but there is this little problem. The pests got out of hand so I used insecticide which is ok when growing vegetables and fruit. Can it harm the plants, buds and the taste if I cut them a couple of days after using that? :thanks:

Actara, not sure you heard of it, it's for all sorts of vegetables and fruit so I thought it couldn't hurt to try, no other option so close to the end. Thy for this clip, I didn't know it's possible to wash them!

Ok the active ingredient is Thiamethoxam. Thiamethoxam - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

It is listed as being "moderately hazardous" because it is harmful if swallowed. It is not a skin or eye irritant.

My advice after using that product would be, let them grow 1 more week. 2 if possible (weather permitting). I would then highly suggest the bud washing procedure just to be safe.

There is no mention of smoking/inhalation, so I would just prefer to err on the side of caution. Better to be safe than sorry!
And the bud washing also removes any small pieces of dust, dirt, hair, lint, etc.. that have accidentally gotten stuck to your buds.

And that video is from a member here at 420, and here's his current grow: Icemud's Intelligent Gro 2 LED Grow With V-Scrog - Going for 1lb & Beyond!

I wish you the best of luck! If you have any bud washing questions, I'm sure Icemud would be happy to help, as I haven't used the procedure myself yet. And if memory serves me correctly, another user Smoker Joe has discussed this before also.

Back
Top Bottom