When to flush?

Austinpalm36

Hey guys. Kinda confused on the whole harvest process. I can’t seem to find a video that shows the entire thing so I’m confused. From what I understand. You first must make sure the trichs are milky. Then you flush. Then it goes into a two day dark period in which you don’t water it at all. Then chop and dry for 7-10 days? This is a lemon auto. Also when do you stop feeding. Up until most trichs are milky? Just want to make sure I do it correctly. I’m asking because my auto is at week 10 but most trichs are clear

The reason that you are not finding a definitive video is because like growing styles, everyone has their own finishing, harvesting and drying techniques that work for them.

Flushing means running 3x the container size in fresh water through the soil so that you clean it of any accumulated salts and unused nutes. This allows for free and unencumbered water/nute uptake for the rest of the grow. The best time to do this cleansing flush is 2 weeks from the end. The trichomes may be all milky, and some may still be clear... depending on the variety of pot you are growing... they are all different. After the flush, I keep feeding them normally, every other watering, right up to the end. There is no need to starve the plants at the end to somehow affect the final taste...for I know that organically grown pot has its nutrients provided right up to the end, and this is without question the best tasting pot you can grow. Because of this, I keep feeding right up to the point that I see 2% amber trichomes on the calyxes at the top of the plant. When I see this, I put a screw in the trunk of the plant to really freak her out adn I put her in the dark for 36 hours without any further water, and then I chop.
Drying depends on your method and humidity, but I dry in a special tent at 60% humidity for 5-7 days, until the branches snap when you bend them, but they don't break. Then I go into paper sacks for a couple of days, bringing the RH of the buds down below 70 so that I can be assured that mold will not easily set in. Then I dry them out in the bags part of the time and in mason jars the rest of the time until I stabilize the buds in the curing range of 59%RH - 65% RH by burping them periodically in the jars. Then, I want to keep them in the cure range in a jar, burping for a few seconds each day, for a month, so that they cure up in to nice smokable pot.
Good luck! That is my method, but there are many more and I am sure you will hear about some of them here.

Bro i just flushed my plants for the 1dt time just 6 or 7 days 3x the water and this stuff came out way better then ever b4 . That thick taste i get from irregardless strain is gone. The 2nd and 3rd hits still taste good . Some dude told me beware and dont flush. I grown these strains 3 or 4x and they never tasted so good. Ima try using mollasses next time.

Back
Top Bottom