When to Harvest?..all natural

amanders87

On a whim I decided to plant a couple of seeds about 2 months ago. I germinated them in a ziploc bag with a piece of paper towel. I then transferred them to a small pot.

I have since transplanted them into a larger pot. They are about two feet tall with clusters of white hairs/buds on top. The leaves towards the bottom wilted and fell off. My plants don't look as full as other users plants. Is this something to be concerned with?

As of right now they are covered in white crystals and white hairs. I have seen about ten red hairs throughout the clusters also.

I don't do anything to my plants. I make sure that they stay hydrated. They currently sit in one of my bedroom windows. I don't regulate the light or anything at all. I live in Florida and they get plenty of sunlight.

I have read that in September/November the light should be changing to 12/12 naturally. Will this mean my plants will start budding?

What should they look like when they are ready to be clipped?

As I said before I totally just planted these out of curiosity and then they started growing. But now I would def. be interested in getting something out of them.

Re: When to Harvest?..all natural.

cimg0986b.jpg

Shot at 2011-09-14

cimg0989fx.jpg

Shot at 2011-09-14

cimg0987o.jpg

Shot at 2011-09-14

pictures of the plant...

depending on the strain, they flower for 2-3 months on average until they're done. If you have a microscope, take a look at the crystals under it. They will look like little mushrooms, and the heads will either be clear, cloudy, or amber colored. When they are mostly cloudly and starting to turn amber, this is when I cut them down. If you don't have a microscope, wait until at least 50% of the hairs turn brown. Thats usually a good rule of thumb to go by

I have no idea what the strain is....the seeds came from buds that were really good though.

Yeah like I said its been growing for about 2 months give or take. Flower? Is that the little cluser's with the white hairs?...( like I said I totally have no clue)

I'll def go get a microscope...But as I can see right now there's only about 10-15 brown hairs so it seems like I have a bit more to go.

Thanks!

yeah they look like they have about a month left, maybe a little less. the total flower time will be when it started to really grow hairs and the buds began to form. It will be 2-3 months from that point. You'll also know when its getting close because the older leaves will start turning yellow and fall off. This is normal for the end of the cycle.

Yes! The bottom leaves of the plant fell off about a week and a half ago!...I was concerned that there was something wrong but that's normal?

yes towards the end of flowering it is normal for the plant to shed its old fan leaves. You do mention that you're just watering too, so depending on the content of the soil, it may be shedding leaves early because it requires more food than you're giving it. By the pictures though, it looks very healthy right now.

Yes I have been just watering it. I have a well though so it isn't city water. So no chlorine or anything harmful. Should I start feeding it anything different now?

Back
Top Bottom