When to harvest CBD rich strains

jimb0b

I keep reading from different sources that the later I harvest, the more THC will turn into CBD, I have also read the opposite, saying CBD's turn into THC if you dont harvest early. I have also read that this information is old and THC actually "degrades" into CBD? my strain is acdc, so I obviously want maximum CBD and minimum THC. my trichomes are currently white/milky. I see conflicting information everywhere I look, and Everyone I'v asked who should know says I should wait for amber, but then no one has experience or information specifically relating to high CBD strains. Some people are saying you should harvest 2 weeks earlier than other strains, but dont mention trichome color. If I wait til they turn amber, or willl my CBD degrade to THC?. I am trying to have minimal THC and maximum CBD. Its hard to trus anything you read on the internet anymore but I figured I would askhere and see If anyone has some real info. There is a lot of confusing and i think misinformation on this subject, and it would be great to hear from someone who has some real information and/or experience and test results, which I plan to collect in the future, but I would rather not just be guessing when were talking about experimental grow cycles and harvest times and expesive lab tests.
Thanks for any and all help

Ok I'm a high thc grower but have friends that specialize in cbd Strains ie: valentine,remedy,harlequin and ac/dc
The going consensus is harvest at a 50/50 ratio. Then test. One guy with his setup pulls heavier amber than the other. The best test is roughly 17% cbd on the remedy

Hope that helps

Does that mean that you should harvest when the trichomes are half white, half amber? I have heard of tests going up tyo 25% but I have seen the results of an ac/dc test that made a solid 20% CBD
Thanks

the ratio of amber to cloudy/milky doesn't reflect the CBD % in that way. If its a strain that produces a lot of CBD by allowing it to mature longer then the CBD % will be higher.

So I am growing CBD critical mass, (currently six weeks into flower) which is suppose to be 7% cbd 7% THC. Does anyone else have input on when best to harvest for highest CBD level?

the ratio of amber to cloudy/milky doesn't reflect the CBD % in that way. If its a strain that produces a lot of CBD by allowing it to mature longer then the CBD % will be higher.

When you're looking at amber trics, you're looking at CBN. Letting the plant mature longer only reduces the reason you're growing a high CBD strain to begin with. It's advised to chop at clear/cloudy for high CBD strains.

Hi all, I’m at 50/50 with my Swiss kiss CBD strain right now and wondering if I should flush another week to head towards Amber Trichs or get my best CBD possible now? Big plants with some of the buds hidden inside probably needing longer. I was thinking of a staged partial harvest. The one top per day trick so as to not stress the plants while finishing. Thoughts?

Hi all, I’m at 50/50 with my Swiss kiss CBD strain right now and wondering if I should flush another week to head towards Amber Trichs or get my best CBD possible now? Big plants with some of the buds hidden inside probably needing longer. I was thinking of a staged partial harvest. The one top per day trick so as to not stress the plants while finishing. Thoughts?
Like Mrfortwenty said above amber trichs means that they are degrading and turning into CBN. I would harvest with mostly cloudy trichomes.

Back
Top Bottom