When to harvest my strains

FISHGUY

Hello I'm Steve how is everybody I'm new to this so this is my first grow I use medical marijuana for my severe health reasons which is helping great deal I'm growing my own because the LP'S are too expensive when your on disability nothing is covered buy insurance yet so I feel pretty good about growing my own my question is I have two strains one is CBD critical mass with a 5% THC and a 5% CBD my other strain is CBD Candida one with a 20% CBD to a 1% THC when are the two of those ready to harvest what color should the buds be for each string to get maximum CBD and THC thank you in advance

Hey Steve.. I'm not medical grower, so I'm not really sure on the colour the trichs should be... Let me try something, not sure if it works but seen it on other threads @SweetSue @Pennywise @Weaselcracker one of these peeps will chime in if they hear :rofl: something I should know, I guess... You'll want to buy a loupe, can get cheap off eBay $5-$10 60x-100x, the 100 is easier to see. best of luck also....

Hello I'm Steve how is everybody I'm new to this so this is my first grow I use medical marijuana for my severe health reasons which is helping great deal I'm growing my own because the LP'S are too expensive when your on disability nothing is covered buy insurance yet so I feel pretty good about growing my own my question is I have two strains one is CBD critical mass with a 5% THC and a 5% CBD my other strain is CBD Candida one with a 20% CBD to a 1% THC when are the two of those ready to harvest what color should the buds be for each string to get maximum CBD and THC thank you in advance

In what I've studied you'll want the CBD Critical Mass to go until you have around 20% amber-colored trichomes on the buds, not on the leaves. They'll turn faster on the leaves. The more amber, the more "relaxing" your buds will usually be. I tend to harvest mine when the trichomes begin to show amber anywhere on the plant because I'm trying to keep CBD levels.

For the Candida I plan to harvest mine as soon as the trichomes begin to flush to cloudy, because this is supposed to be the time when CBD levels are at their highest. This is all based on study, mind you. I don't live in a legal state and I have no way of testing my product.

The only way to be certain is through testing.

Now let's see what the others have to share. :battingeyelashes:

Good luck on your first grow. I think you're smart to take your health care into your own hands. :high-five: You mention severe health issues. May I ask how you're using cannabis to find relief?

Where are my manners? Welcome to the magazine Steve. :welcome:

Welcome to 420 magazine, Steve. I’m sure you will find the answers you seek. Any way you could put some pics of your buds up here for us to admire? And yes, definitely pick up a jewelers loupe so you can get a close look at the color of the trichomes as this is the best indicator of harvest time for most growers. I envy the ones who just look and know. Lol

Welcome Steve, I don't grow high cbd but typically I harvest once I see amber on the calyx, I grow mainly indicas and like a nice cerebral rush at first with the typical body stone. All cloudy trichome on the calyx seem to give me what I'm looking for.

Hey Steve.. I'm not medical grower, so I'm not really sure on the colour the trichs should be... Let me try something, not sure if it works but seen it on other threads @SweetSue @Pennywise @Weaselcracker one of these peeps will chime in if they hear :rofl: something I should know, I guess... You'll want to buy a loupe, can get cheap off eBay $5-$10 60x-100x, the 100 is easier to see. best of luck also....
Thanks grizzwald appreciate all the info a little confusing at first grow

Back
Top Bottom