Which nutes do I really need?

PontusLundh

Hello fellas, I'd just like to know which nutes I actually do need for a hydro grow? Will Veg and Bloom do by their own although I might get worse results or do I actually NEED anything else.

If so, what would that be, and why? Thank you
I'm thinking about either going with Advanced Nutrients Sensi Veg/Grow or perhaps with Canna Bio Veg/Grow

Thanks in Advance!

all you NEED is the complete BASE system of whatever you choose.

Advanced nutrients offers an array of base products such as a couple 3 parts, a couple 2 parts, and then a whole shit load of additives.

you dont NEED the additives. and for a newbie, i reccomend just picking up something like "jungle juice 3 part" if you are looking at the AN lineup.

the reason being, the plants require an array of nutes through its life, and these 3 part nute systems, offer them all.

the plants need more of certain types of nutes for veg and flower, and these companies have already formulated their 3 parts to make it so all you have to do, is change the amount of each bottle you give them (you still need to give them all 3 all the time, but, the ratios change)

i THINK the jungle juice is 3 parts grow, 2 parts micro, and 1 part bloom for veg, and 3 parts bloom, 2 parts micro, 1 part grow for flower. unless its changed..

no prob.

once you start getting more advanced, then you can research the additives, and pick up what you think you might want. They all serve a purpose, and help in some way, but, for a noobie... keep it simple.

Not only are the additives pricey, but then you have to factor in EVERYTHING. and why spend all that cash, just to confuse yourself, and potentially just throw it all out if it turns out you dont even want to continue with the hobby.

try to maximize your yield on the the base nutes before you start playing around with additives :)

the only ones i can see being helpful to a noobie, is "calmag" as adding it wont hurt, and lots of the times nutrients are a little low on the calcium and magnesium. However if you keep your PH in range, you shouldnt need it.

and if you are growing in a DWC or other hydro setups, is something like ZHO powder, and or hydrogaurd (not made by AN, but AN does have some products that do the same thing... i think they are called piranha and sensizym... but i could be wrong). as these products will add beneficial bacterias and fungus to your root zones, which protects against unwanted nasties in your rez, which can lead to root rot. they also stimulate root growth. and for that reason, they are good for soil as well.

but again. dont go spend $100's on nutes and crap. if its your first go, just buy a liter of each grow micro and bloom, and maybe the ones i mentioned. but again... they are not required.

Just like you advised I will purchase additional/more advanced nutes later as I grow more experienced :)

The three-part nutes are available where I live and I'll try those out first.

Once again, thanks a lot for your time mate. Much appreciated :)

Back
Top Bottom