Which soil to get from Bunnings or Masters?

Hi Rodgers,

Any PREMIUM potting mix will be fine to use. I have had successful grows using Debco premium potting mix from Masters but you may not be able to get that anymore so just find a good one from Bunnings. You will get a lot of different answers to your question so just keep it simple and don't over complicate things for your first grow as it can get very overwhelming as their is SO MUCH information out there and everyone has their own way of doing things. My suggestion, and its only a suggestion, would be to use 70% soil and 30% Perlite. You can get a big bag of Perlite from any hydro shop. Don't buy it at Bunnings. It is WAY to expensive! You can add a bit of Dynamic Lifter and Blood and Bone to your soil also but just a couple of tablespoons per 50L otherwise your soil will be to hot and you will burn your babies. What are you planning on using for Nutrients? It is always better to go a bit lighter on the nutes at first then built your way up to full strength. For my outdoor grow I am using 50% soil, 25% coco, and 25% Perlite. My plants are very happy girls. Anyhow if you have any questions please feel free to ask away. More than happy to help. Good luck with your grow. Bombs away! :cheer:
Great guidance! Thanks for posting this.

I have just started my first grow and I ordered canna terra professional through aqua gardening. I've now made a few orders with this company over the last 3 weeks with great delivery times!
These are my baby's, 23 days since germinated seeds touched soil
Only
Suggestion I have for your next topping is to top the node about half way between the other node. Or Atleast leave 1cm OR MORE of the tip in the centre or central stem that you cut. WHY? Why not low?

THIS HELPS the plant NOT split from weight or winds when older and the cutting area if it’s higher and have 1-2cm of stem poking up you will never have it die by the time harvest is ready which for low cuts to the node can lead to rotting issues into the stem and or again easy splitting.

Just tips for yours or anyone as I did it low on first grow and one Of the 3 went full male so Pulled that that day then had 2x grow great to about total size from soil to tips about 50-60cm BUT if I had not LST both of them just do the Topping they would have been about 80CM as I do LST for more quality buds and more sun to hit them etc but mainly to keep low as it’s not legal to grow here yet. My neighbours know as I told them so they don’t call cops if they start smelling weed… it’s only 2 plants for me I germ 3-5 seeds and grow 3 plants each season. This year I just hung my second crop ever and had bad luck All we’re female but 2 were stinted one was so bad it grew to about 10CM and even budded… but yeah then the other middle size I topped super low with 4 branches to try get more 4 big colas but they’ll problem was it was a hermie I ID at flowering but it showed so little male parts or balls. Pulled off about 6 areas as only 4 branches at this stage of early flower.

Then at flower before harves I am silly I should have let the female seed or Hermi seed itself or even tap it onto one of the branches of the other main plant that worked and get like last years. Due to I believe I fucked up Germ with last 2 seeds to long in water that fried and it went brown/yellow at the end of germ and I just planted them… I should have done another 2… but yeah when I started to find seeds small ones v small in the flowers at 1-3weeks to harvest I left for a night then decided to harvest it. It hung for 5 days then went into paper bag now pr not paper bag but layers of paper towel and folded up into a bag like holder that will dry and let air in and out. Will be in jar for burping in maybe 1-2 weeks when I can tell the chlorophyll smell is gone more. Then I also will have my other big plant is in a box hung with string frying inside a box so it’s dark. And keeps temp perfect as it has some holes for air and gets air anyway.

But what I was going to say is I should have LEFT THE NO2 plant grow out with seed and just pick them out as I go or go through the buds and take them out. As then I’d have full feminized seeds.. but that’s ok and it is a purple strain too… the seeds are all bag seeds but the bud was always or has been for last 3 years medicinal that’s on the black market that is “destruction” meant for but hay bales get put in and only like 1/4 of the fire has weed in it and that’s how they move it out of the legal market as lost grows are 1 TUN and maybe 500KG is used or only 250kg is sold and then they or ppl want other strains unless it’s a great hybrid.. anyway I got seeds from this source weed and it’s the stuff they find that is not high or to high THC or is over ripe or under ripe whatever even some small issues. And it is “WASTE” or to be “Destroyed” so fuck that it goes to black market lol.

Back
Top Bottom