Which strain would help - bipolar 1 disorder - chronic insomnia?

concretetrees

I'm new to grow seen but life time smoker.does any one what would be a good strain for someone with my problems to grow. I'm a Beginner and lost.

IMHO, I would consult a medical professional first on the effects of cannabis with your conditions. I am NOT a medical professional by any means, but I'd say a Sativa or sativa heavy strain for daytime and a Nice mature Indica for the evenings to help with sleeping.

Of course that's just my opinion. I could be wrong.
:Namaste:
-Monkey

Like Dante said, you'll want a good uplifting Sativa for daytime use and an Indica to relax you at days end. Northern Lights is good Indica for treating insomnia. Look into Laughing Buddha: it's a Sativa and I've heard it's amazing for depression. I plan on growing me some in the spring.

This site might be helpful: Find, order, and learn about weed | Leafly

I have spoken with my psychiatrist about it and he said that if the med marijuana ballot passes here in ohio in November he would condone it for the problems I have. Thanks for all your advice.

Personally, there is no "perfect" strain for any disorder. Everyone's body chemistry is different. Being bipolar, I would be skeptical about using a strong sativa, but like I said everyone is different.
You said you are a lifetime smoker, what strains have you smoked that actually helped your symptoms. Maybe research the genetics of those strains and find cultivars or crosses based off that🤷‍♂️

Personally, there is no "perfect" strain for any disorder. Everyone's body chemistry is different. Being bipolar, I would be skeptical about using a strong sativa, but like I said everyone is different.
You said you are a lifetime smoker, what strains have you smoked that actually helped your symptoms. Maybe research the genetics of those strains and find cultivars or crosses based off that🤷‍♂️
I lived with someone bipolar for nearly two decades and I would second this hesitation about sativa. Harlequin is a high CBD strain that I would class as a gentle "mood enhancer." It also crosses really well with other strains for a stronger but still "pleasant" effect. This is my own personal opinion and should not be construed as advice from 420 magazine. Definitely consult a professional.

Back
Top Bottom