Which TOP LED for me? I got some questions from an LED noob

FranticFred

Hi folks.

I have been looking for good info on led's,and just happened to stumble upon a post on another board by a member here talking bout Topled,so I thought I would investigate a little further.I have been looking at the offerings by Topled and have a couple of questions regarding the different models offered.

I have a limited space 3.5' x 4',and am having a bit of a time finding a panel that will give me coverage.I am/was looking at the LG-G04B96LED and the LG-G03A100LED.The LG-G03A100LED is appealing simply from a price perspective,as I am on a fixed income.This model is said to give coverage for a 3'x2.5' space.The LG-G04B96LED will give coverage for a 4.4'x2.2' and is not that much more expensive.I mainly grow trees,but my new space is limited to 5' head-space,so it looks like I will be either scrogging,or flowering with less veg time.(and maybe even some shorter autos...leds would be awesome for auto's I'm guessing).

Has anyone here had experience with the the LG-G03A100LED?The reason I ask is that it does not state that it has veg and bloom switches,whereas the other model does.I am also assuming that,you couldn't "stretch" the coverage of either model to 3.5' x 4'?? So that would necessitate a second light?

I have more questions probably,but no sense wearing out my welcome in the very first post.<grin>.

Thanks for any help and/or insight.

FF

you should not have skipped the evere so important "introduce yourself" before posting, it's not too late and will take you seconds to post a short intro, like what hemisphere you live in or grow experience, or just say hello. Then you'll get a warm welcome from great members & staff, you chose the best! I'll make it ez for you! here's the link

Introduce Yourself

you should not have skipped the evere so important "introduce yourself" before posting, it's not too late and will take you seconds to post a short intro, like what hemisphere you live in or grow experience, or just say hello. Then you'll get a warm welcome from great members & staff, you chose the best! I'll make it ez for you! here's the link

Introduce Yourself

I posted up my intro..thanks for the help.As you can see,it really made the difference.Lol

(just kiddin ya).

I can't tell you how many "newbie intro" posts I have made over the years,usually with the same result. :)

It's not that folks aren't friendly,it's just that..well.....

Frantic Fred , go to the Top led Grow Light discount in the sponsors section, you might get more help over there. I would go for the 5 watt led Mars2 if you can afford them, they are not much more money but you will get better penetration.

Thanks robert...I have posted my questions there.

As added information,I could go with the 144x3 if I had the funds..(and that would be great if I could),but I am limited to 24' in length for my alternate shipping method.I cannot take the chance to have them shipped here directly.Actually,my space is 3.5'x 6',but I simply cannot afford to light it all.

I also can't pm till I reach 50 posts.You don't know how many times I have gone thru this over the years....bummer...but I see the need for it..generally speaking.Lol

I dont have the LG-G03A100LED got mine off Ebay . But it looks exactly like the LG-G03A100LED. Specs are a bit different looks like the LG-G03A100LED is a 6 band spectrum. One i got is 10 bands. Anyways not sure if this helps since the bands are different but here is a few pics of my plants under it. They are store bought clones here in Colorado.... Day 42 of Veg
IMG_113126.JPG

IMG_113315.JPG

Your garden looks great.Evidently that light is doing a good job.I really don't know if there would be significant savings in being able to utilize the veg spectrum, and then switch to the flower spectrum or not.I am sure there are other differences in the LG-G03A100LED and LG-G04B96LED,but if we are doing this partly because of potential power savings,then the edge would go to the 96Led model.

(Just thinkin out loud).

Thanks Fred,
Going to take some clones tonight or maybe tomorrow. Then throw them into Flower this weekend

These lights are really cheap to run. 200 watts 24/7 @ 10 cents a kilowatt-hour is about 20 bucks a month. I plan on running mine 24 hours a day. Going to take clones at the end of veg. Then Run the light in the flower room for 12 hours. Then i will move the light to the veg room for 12 hours. The veg room will run on the gas lantern method. 12 hours light 5.5 hours dark 1 hour light ( with some CFLs or maybe T8s ) then 5.5 hours dark. Going to be a pain in the ass but i want to go threw a Flower and see how it does before i buy a permanent light for the veg room. Been watching the MarrsII grows might even get one of those for the flower room. move the one i got now to the veg room.

Tough choice though, I wouldn't be afraid to flip the flower switch on the LG-G04B96LED in veg see if it makes a different. The veg only would be good for seedlings but after a week or two I would experiment with it. The LG-G03A100LED is more of a square foot print and the LG-G04B96LED is long and skinny. So really for me anyways it comes down to how many pants you want to grow, pot size and veg time.

Back
Top Bottom