White 5 gal bucket DWC idea, might be a bad idea though

Justones

I know using a 5 gallon black bucket or doing something to keep the light out is best.....but

Here is a thought I had about using a white bucket. The white bucket may stay slightly cooler in the indoor grow room just because its white. Darker colors tend to absorb heat while lighter ones reflect it. This would maybe help in keeping the inside water cooler.

If there is some dark spray I could spray the inside of the bucket to block light passing through. But what would be safe to spray on the inside to make it black? Paint or some spray liquid tape? I worry about it coming off in constant water though. So maybe this idea isnt worth it and I should just get myself a black bucket and say *uck it.

You can use a white bucket as long as it's light-proof. I'd be careful about spraying anything INSIDE the bucket since it would have a good chance to leach chemicals that would be absorbed by the plants. If you really wanted, there is some plastic spray paint that could safely be used to spray the OUTSIDE of the buckets.

:Namaste:

K

For DWC I'd probably tape the outside or paint the outside, agree with Krip no paint on the inside it will flake off

I've used white tubes for hempy Grows but not DWC

Better safe than sorry

I had thought also. Might be beneficial in another way too. If I have water temp issues. I could put ice inside the outer bucket to cool the DWC inside bucket.

I had thought also. Might be beneficial in another way too. If I have water temp issues. I could put ice inside the outer bucket to cool the DWC inside bucket.

Yes! I used to put frozen water bottles directly in the res and just swap them out when they melted.

Back
Top Bottom