High temperature problems: Tent, DWC, LED

I switched to pondzyme. Costs like $15 and does hundreds of gallons of water.
Canna, sensi and hygro are all great products but the cost adds up if you are a budget grower.

Sent from my LGLS990 using 420 Magazine Mobile App

PetSmart in the pond/fish area. Comes with barley in it so i usually mix up a small batch, bubble it for a day and then strain.

Sent from my LGLS990 using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Hello, what LEDs are you using? Do you have Even LEDs are making decent amounts of heat and I have not seen LEDs with intake and outtake for tube to make separate air circuit so that the chips are not heating the grow room (not that I was looking for one). I have seen that for HPS which is great. But anything can be modified and PC fans are quite powerful. There are even ducts with glass fiber insulation to minimize heat exchange. You can also cover your bucket with some insulator and put in the coolest place in the room. It all depends on your setup placement and ambient temps. Cheers and good luck.

I KNOW THIS IS AN OLD POST BUT I WAS DEALING WITH THE SAME PROBLEM - I JUST WENT TO HOME DEPOT AND BOUGHT A PIECE OF ENVIRONMENT TREATED STYROFOAM INSULATION....IT WORKS TO SEPARATE THE HEAT FROM ABOVE WITH THE COOL FAN BLOWING ON THE RESERVOIRS BELOW. PICS ARE BELOW ... brought the temp down from 23 celcius to 18.6 celcius***** 28339ACC-0052-4A3F-99C6-E3BD35666777.jpeg

Attachments

• 6ECBC3C6-03EC-4A88-999F-A653F4CBDA41.jpeg
    6ECBC3C6-03EC-4A88-999F-A653F4CBDA41.jpeg
    583.4 KB · Views: 78
  • 71BC5ADA-D0D2-49F6-B1F1-54337A58B2BD.jpeg
    71BC5ADA-D0D2-49F6-B1F1-54337A58B2BD.jpeg
    551.7 KB · Views: 72
I KNOW THIS IS AN OLD POST BUT I WAS DEALING WITH THE SAME PROBLEM - I JUST WENT TO HOME DEPOT AND BOUGHT A PIECE OF ENVIRONMENT TREATED STYROFOAM INSULATION....IT WORKS TO SEPARATE THE HEAT FROM ABOVE WITH THE COOL FAN BLOWING ON THE RESERVOIRS BELOW. PICS ARE BELOW ... brought the temp down from 23 celcius to 18.6 celcius***** 28339ACC-0052-4A3F-99C6-E3BD35666777.jpeg
I need to bring the water temp down and this seems like a great idea. Thanks for the photos. Do you have a bucket stacked within a bucket?

Hi! Thanks for letting me know and help. I like this idea and find it approachable. I'm willing to go the route of pumping water from a cooler that's placed outside of the tent, but first, I'd like to try this since 5 degrees would make quite a difference for me. My resevoir is usually between 75° and 78°.

Thanks again!

Has anyone else had any experience using heat reflective Styrofoam and fans to reduce the temperature of the resevoir?

Back
Top Bottom