white crust developing at base of stem

wonton

there's a "pup cemetery"...all of the victims seem to have started to deteroirate with this white crustey kinda substnce on the stems.

1. using hydro, self-contained system (5 in. mesh pot/water neut reserv -- no irrigation outlet...water changed about once a month); 2 pumps, submrsd; HID lghtg

2. pups starting to turn light-green, bottom leaves shriveling, and tips starting to brown

3. these pups are on 24 hr lighting since the last couple of days...before, pups were erroneously put on a 6hr light/18 hr dark cycle, attempting to force-flower...(decided want them to grow a little first)
thx

o.k. - saw some spiderwebs in some of the 'nooks and crannys'...sprayed with diamond nectar...any suggestions? most appreciated...

I'm not great on Hydro, but isn't a month a little long to change the water?

let the spiders live they are useful against spider mites and other harmful insects. The spiders will not harm your plants. your light cycles are way off man, plants need to "sleep" for photosynthesis to happen and growth. 24hr light schedule is all right for seedlings, if you want your plant to grow go 18/6 that is 18 on and 6 off. To induce flowering go 12/12, but switching back and forth because you want them to grow more is going to possibly turn hermaphrodite.

Thanks! The little white hairs are starting to grow now...one of the pups, tho, has seen better days. it's still spunky...that is, it inching upward everso-slitely, is even wanting to show a couple of the white hairs like the other...but:

1. yellow spots on leaves...coarse leaves, leaves brittle in texture...pup's color is, generally, a pale, sick-looking green. the roots didn't seem to flourish like the other. Question: Is there any hope to bring it back to a healthy state? (It was ready, like the other pup, to go to the next stage...

2. yikes...it makes sense that my friend should change the resrvwr water/neut mix more than once a month...i'm sure then that that explns the white crusty crap build-up on the media and on the stem.

3. we hope all is not lost after freakin the pups out with the crazy lighting...word to the wise is suffishint...Question: now that we've changed from the erroneous 18dark to 24hr light...(i know we really screwed up)...should we now change to 12/12, then 18light hrs?

thx!

thanks much! got it...first, 24/0 for seedlings, then 18/6 during vegging, then 12/12 for flowering (and, if we follow the science of curing, purple nouggies). is that about right? thx

Back
Top Bottom