White Mold - Damn!

wizgrow

Well 5 days from harvest and I noticed I got a little "white fluffy" mold on numerous cola buds in my 4x4. Only about 5 days from harvest (Critical Kush).

Questions:
Assuming there is no real fix at this point in the game. Harvest now?
Trash all bud with mold? (Not real bad - could I use it for hash?)
Do I change my drying process for quickness?
Normal tent clean with bleach for next run or something more?
another tent in the same room @ week 3.5 - anything I should do to keep it from spreading into it?

I know its a lot of questions - my first real F'up and a bit irked now so patience please :)

Oh.... totally my fault too - I got complacent with the strain as it has been good the last 3 times in same environment AND just noticed that on my last re-wire I plugged in my circulating fans to only come on with the lights so my off hours were probably 65% + Humidity with no circulation.

Thanks for help in advance -

Hello Wizgrow

Cut out the infected bud and trash it, I wouldn't even use it for hash as the mold spores could end up in your hash and cause you problems.

The rest of the plant you can continue to grow, just need to ensure you get the temps up in the high 70s, get the humidity as low as possible (below 50% min) and ensure you have good circulation night and day.

I had a problem with bud rot as well, but after cutting it out and doing as I suggested above, was able to continue the grow with no more problems :)

Well I dug deeper after the post and of course it was worse than I had first thought...... all early signs of it - not to the "rot" stage and very little of it showing up as a mildew in the leaves - just A LOT of light fluffy mold :(

Trimming now and tossing quite bit (about 1/3)......... just going to have to chalk this up to a costly mistake that I best not replicate.

Temps always run 77-83 - I live in the tropics. Problem is HUMIDITY - always low to mid 60's. I was getting by without using a dehumidifier by simply keeping good circulation but as I said..... i screwed that up and had the fans plugged in with my timer.

I guess it was time for a screw up. 1 year and 3 flower tents with no issues.......going to be sad to see it empty for about a month since I decided to try some new seed vs cloning and behind on that too.......

Cry more later - back to work :)

Back
Top Bottom