White mold on stalk below soil line?

breadboy

I pulled a male out of my garden this morning and noticed these white moldy spots- just on the stalk right under the surface of the soil, appears to be nothing on roots.
The mold wipes away cleanly and doesn't appear to have had any affect on the stalk skin directly under the mold. The plant was vigorous and had no problems I could detect. I've been growing outdoor at this location for 13 years and have never encountered this. Could it be powdery mildew? There are a few tiny spots of it on some of my plants leafs, but it is totally managible and under control- I think. Just check some other plants by scraping away the top inch or two of soil; some plants have these spots and some don't. Yet there is no dicernable problems or differences between the plants with and without these moldy spots. I am at a loss. Could this mold be harmless? Help me please!!!
Thanks for any consideration:)

You'll have a lot more luck with photos. Without it's a guess at best..

Could be the regular soil miCeliam. Milk and hydrogen peroxide solution can both be used up to the day of harvest I doubt it's pottery will do it doesn't usually go under the soil like that cuz it is powdery and needs to be dry I mean it'll live in your compost pile so always treat that if you have it the year before and milk is great last quite a while and it gives the microbes something to eat. I always rinse it off the next day. Milk mix can be mixed up to 50/50 without hurting your plants but as I said I always rinse the next day because if it gets hot it'll start smelling

Back
Top Bottom