White powdery residue on my fan leaves?

RandyL

I've got some Skywalker plants growing now, currently at 42 days into flower cycle.

Ever since they started flowering, I've noticed a white powdery residue on the fan leaves that I never noticed before in my 2 previous grows.

It can be brushed off easily.

Growing stuff being used is FF soil, and FF nutes. Grow Big, Big Bloom, and Tiger Bloom. They have also been getting molasses at the rate of 2 tablespoons per gallon in all waterings / feedings, and they got the Open Sesame and now the Beastie Bloom supplements.

Any ideas where the white powder is coming from?

Powdery Mildew or mold?

Sure hope not, for your sake, it's nasty stuff.

DD

I never thought it was mold, I thought mold was black.

Humidity in the room is usually in the 35%-50% range, that's too low for mold, isn't it?

PM is white, or whiteish and powderery.

DD

How did I get it? This is my third grow in this room, same setup, more or less the same atmospheric conditions.

Only differences have been higher heat because it is summer time, and molasses in every watering instead of only once a week.

Will it hurt the buds? They seem to be growing ok. I don't see the white powder on the small leaves coming out of the buds.

If it gets in the buds, you pretty much have to throw it away.

Smoking moldy bud is a no no, with VERY serious health issues.

DD

preventative maintenence my friend.i use serenade as a foliar spray.use this when u are still in veg.it changes the ph of the leaves and helps make your plants resistant to powder mold.

Back
Top Bottom