White Widow Auto & Nl Auto

Brett1980

Hi all not a lot has happened since the last unsuccessful journal I'm starting a new one. This time around I've gone for a couple of white Widow autos and one northern lights auto. Same tent same lights but a shit load of new found enthusiasm and hopefully we can get something going this time round. So it's I think day 8 there looking a little stressed I'm not sure but I think it's a pH problem some with more information may elaborate on that.
420-magazine-mobile1668278490.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1404401119.jpg
420-magazine-mobile199839159.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1764736101.jpg

Think i will grab a seat if you don't mind, im on my first indoor grow right now and i also have some white widow autos along with some thc bomb autos in a tent under led, i will be harvesting my wws in a a few weeks, looks like you have a nice setup, best of luck to you.✌

You may be right about ph, have you been phing everything, are you in soil and what kind, also i used dolomite lime in my soil, it is great, you just add two to three tbs of dolomite lime to each gallon of soil, so if you have three gallin pots you would add at least six to nine tbs of the lime, you want to get the real fine powder dolomite lime so it dissolves better and quicker. The lime helps buffer your ph. It works great, and you can even add after you have already potted your plants, just put on top of your soil and water it in, if ir is ph you definitely need to get the ph under control cause when a auto is stressed early on it affects the yield big time since autos have only a limited life span. I was just won't were you got tour ww seeds, i got mine from seedsman, come check my girls out my journal is under Tom Smith's First Indoor Grow With Autos 2017. Here's a couple of my wws that i will be harvesting in a few weeks hopefully.✌
8afaacee128e7cfa8672030700dd0075.jpg
7e1cde3b556c9a24a225787dce74ea1e.jpg
3bc693e950433a41ee3092873ce8d83a.jpg
0c7cb4c7b28657cd1bc256951379e5b7.jpg

That's good looking can't wait till mine get there that's if I don't kill the girls b4 hand as for phing I haven't been doing it just giving straight spring water I know I know it's dumb and I shouldn't ever do that but I ran out of pH down so haven't been worrying about it I'm going to grab some tomorrow then I'll start pH testing and adjusting it accordingly thanks for the help and congrats on the sweet looking ww is that only with LEDs I'm thinking about buying a new light been looking at a new 600w hps oh and I forgot to mention I'm using coco80%perlite20% as my medium and I'm in 5g pots. I do have a couple of different types of lights available I have a 110w t5 with 2700k bulbs a 300w led and the 250w hps/mh light but I really want to grab a higher watt hps/mh idk cheers tom thanks mate.

That's good looking can't wait till mine get there that's if I don't kill the girls b4 hand as for phing I haven't been doing it just giving straight spring water I know I know it's dumb and I shouldn't ever do that but I ran out of pH down so haven't been worrying about it I'm going to grab some tomorrow then I'll start pH testing and adjusting it accordingly thanks for the help and congrats on the sweet looking ww is that only with LEDs I'm thinking about buying a new light been looking at a new 600w hps oh and I forgot to mention I'm using coco80%perlite20% as my medium and I'm in 5g pots. I do have a couple of different types of lights available I have a 110w t5 with 2700k bulbs a 300w led and the 250w hps/mh light but I really want to grab a higher watt hps/mh idk cheers tom thanks mate.
I thought it looked like coco, i want to try coco in the future, everyone seems to like it and get good results, another good thing about coco is problems can be corrected alot quicker, you can just flush and start over from my understanding. I have one mars 1200 (600 actual watts) in a 4×4 tent and it has done great, i also have some blueberry photos along with two more autos under a 1000w hps in a separate room, no tent. I really like my led though, i can already tell the ones under my mars 1200 is going to have dencer buds, i am going to invest in a couple more led lights after this harvest and do away with the hps.✌

Re: White Widow Auto & Nl Auto

So quick update the girls are coming along I'm pretty happy with the new light I bought I ended up with a 600w hps with a diamond lamp shade since the switch I've been blown away by the new growth it's really unbelievable but I'll just post a couple of pics
420-magazine-mobile1665777375.jpg
420-magazine-mobile118496822.jpg
420-magazine-mobile604651866.jpg

I also have sprouted 8 seeds from some really good weed I have been smoking I'll probably start a new journal for them..
Thanks for looking in. .

Turns out it had nothing to do with ph it was a lack of water I know what a dick but after my last failed attempt at growing I stopped watering every day and left it to once or twice a week long story short they died we had a lovely funeral it was great. This time round I'm watering when the top of the soil is dry and that's it been working great.

OK that sux about the upside down pic teach me for taking photos after having a pipe... .

No problem for me!? I have noticed in a few photos on 420 where the first few New leaves had been their tips trimmed off square, do you know why this is done?

I haven't touched the leaves it's just the way they decided to grow I don't know if it's the ww strain or just a freak of nature I'm thinking it's the ww strain that's doing it because my other Northern lights leaves are normal

Hi sorry for the long break had to get in touch with bonza seeds to confirm I have the right seed's they swear they sent the correct seed's total bs but hey meh. So I've had to get the girls to flower my self by switching to 12 12 go figure. Two weeks later and they've started to flower I'll get some pics very soon.

So I had to buy a new tent the 1 I had was shit too small just wasn't happy with it. The new tent is a 4x4x6 I love it it's huge compared to the one I had.

I'm pretty happy with the new light I bought I ended up with a 600w hps with a diamond lamp shade

:thumb:

Hey, about how much was that reflector? It looks like it ought to be pretty inexpensive, but... I have "the world's cheapest reflector that wasn't made in someone's basement out of a couple pop cans," lol. It's just basically an open wing thing. Big hot spot directly underneath, probably only fair reflection to the sides, and no reflection from the front or rear (not much light produced from the top of the bulb and none at all from the base, admittedly, but enough light escapes in both directions to illuminate the walls directly in front of and behind the reflector. So I know that setup wastes light - which means it wastes money each and every month it gets used, because I'm paying to light up my walls instead of just my plants. I can't see being able to afford a nice air-cooled reflector in the next couple years at the rate things are going (don't sell cannabis, so that provides no income), but it that's only $30-$50 or so, I might be able to sneak one into my budget next year. It definitely looks like it'd be an improvement on mine.

BtW, in a 16 ft.² (4'x4') space, 600 watts of HPS lighting works out to only 37½ watts per square foot. I'd try to get that up to at least 50 per if it was me (and I could afford to do so, lol). IMHO, a 600-watt HID is great for a 3'x3' tent, but not so much for a substantially larger space. Which is not to say that you can't get a decent harvest at the lower light level, but I'd try to increase it if you can.

it was a lack of water I know what a dick but after my last failed attempt at growing I stopped watering every day and left it to once or twice a week long story short they died we had a lovely funeral it was great.

LOL. <SLAP!> :icon_roll . Been there, done that. Aren't plants that you killed by failing to water purty, lol? The ones I've got right now have had so many near-death experiences they ought to have their own television show in the wee hours when the freaks come out to play. I hope you - and your plants - do better this time. And, well... I hope the same thing for ME ;) .

BtW, I hope you don't mind if I buzz in and drop ridiculously lengthy posts now and then. I used to worry about post length, but they always ended up larger than I'd originally intended, so... Any more, I don't really worry about it until/unless someone lets me know that I've annoyed them. And then I... Well... I feel bad about it, at least :laughtwo: .

420-magazine-mobile1154132341.jpg

Hey there bud the diamond lamp shade was about 50 but that's in aud may be cheaper if you live in the UK or USA so you should be good and the light per square foot issue I'm hoping should be ok with the 250hps plus the 600w hps also I have a 300w led filling in in the background I've got a 110w t5 6700k light I was thinking of squeezing in.

As for you popping in and leaving ridiculously long post's it's more than welcome I don't seem to get many people interested in my grows so thanks man I need all the help I can get my 1st journal was a complete disaster because I stuffed everything up from the beginning too much nutes not checking ph ect ect.

the diamond lamp shade was about 50 but that's in aud

Thanks.

the light per square foot issue I'm hoping should be ok with the 250hps plus the 600w hps also I have a 300w led filling in in the background I've got a 110w t5 6700k light I was thinking of squeezing in.

In that case, it looks like you ought to have plenty of light. Hopefully, you are able to get it distributed fairly evenly across your grow space (and the plants that live there).

I don't seem to get many people interested in my grows

I assume you visit other people's journal threads, and various other threads around the forum? Create a .SIG ("signature"), something that'll appear at the bottom of every post you create here. You can see mine; it currently has:

• A link to our contest area, where members can vote in contests such as Member of the Month, Plant of the Month, et cetera (and enter some of them).
  • A general forum link, mostly just to encourage participation.
  • A link to our sponsor page, to encourage members to use the businesses who help all of us by helping to pay the server bills, bandwidth, for server hardware upgrade/replacement, et cetera.
  • And a few quotes.

But you can put anything you want into yours (within reason, of course). Specifically, you can include a link to this grow journal thread. Think of that as a quiet little non-annoying advertisement for your journal, lol. I cannot make any guarantees, but hopefully it'll let others know of the existence of your journal and natural human curiosity will do the rest. Here are some threads to help with that:
How To Put A Link To Your Grow In Your Sig
How to Add Links to Signatures
Update Your Signature - A Video Tutorial

Hi all I have a issue what's the go with scrog or sog I'm interested to see if I can get a larger harvest using either method I will but the problem is iv got no idea what or how to do it this is a picture of the situation as it is.
420-magazine-mobile910799896.jpg

Sad I know but I've got to try new ways of doing things .

Hi just a little update flowering nicely
420-magazine-mobile1704621656.jpg
420-magazine-mobile290793509.jpg
been feeding every 2 days with molasses tea and some flowering nutes

420-magazine-mobile1731638859.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1432757685.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1477070809.jpg
week 14 I think shouldn't be too much longer I'm hoping anyway fingers crossed I've been given the girls cyco platinum bloom a and b 3ml per litre every 2nd day or as needed I've had so many issues with this grow hence no updates hopefully I've got things sorted .

Back
Top Bottom