Why is my seedling doing this?

Noraad

420 Member
Strain is purple kush feminized by crop king seeds. This is all still pretty new to me. Is it normal for a seedling to do this? I haven't seen it before. The first leaves are pointing straight upwards and won't open up like I've seen other seedlings do. It's on it's second day under a small cfl.

420-magazine-mobile480261372.jpg

Strain is purple kush feminized by crop king seeds. This is all still pretty new to me. Is it normal for a seedling to do this? I haven't seen it before. The first leaves are pointing straight upwards and won't open up like I've seen other seedlings do. It's on it's second day under a small cfl.

420-magazine-mobile480261372.jpg

Maybe lightly see if you can open it up? Or keep there I think it will be fine

Maybe lightly see if you can open it up? Or keep there I think it will be fine

Thanks for the feedback. I've tried to open it up before, but it'll just close again. Could this be indicative of a temp/humidity/lighting issue, do you think? In the meantime I'll keep trying to gently pry them open, I guess. The underside of the leaves, in the 'veins' (unsure of proper term), there is purple. I know this is a purple kush plant, but I wasn't expecting to see purple so soon.

What are your temps at and humidity and the cup looks dry

It isn't contained in a grow room, it's just on my desk. Temps area around 22 celcius, humidity I'd say like 30%. I had a little DIY 'humidity dome' over it for the first day. Should I just stick the plant in my grow room under a 600W MH (dimmed to 50%) and hope for the best? I know, it looks dry, but it is just the lighting. It's actually pretty moist.

It isn't contained in a grow room, it's just on my desk. Temps area around 22 celcius, humidity I'd say like 30%. I had a little DIY 'humidity dome' over it for the first day. Should I just stick the plant in my grow room under a 600W MH (dimmed to 50%) and hope for the best? I know, it looks dry, but it is just the lighting. It's actually pretty moist.

You got a floor heater try to put it in a room with at least 50% humidity 60-70%
Here is s chart this should help you as it does me

420-magazine-mobile1737634495.jpg

You got a floor heater try to put it in a room with at least 50% humidity 60-70%
Here is s chart this should help you as it does me

420-magazine-mobile1737634495.jpg

Thanks so much, that actually helps a lot! So you you think it would be safe to put my humidity dome (AKA plastic wrap with holes in it) back on, and maybe set it on top of my PC to warm up a bit, while keeping the CFL on it? Also, what does VPD stand for? Thanks so much for your help :thumb:

Thanks so much, that actually helps a lot! So you you think it would be safe to put my humidity dome (AKA plastic wrap with holes in it) back on, and maybe set it on top of my PC to warm up a bit, while keeping the CFL on it? Also, what does VPD stand for? Thanks so much for your help :thumb:

No problem .

Yes I would do that try to follow the chart is your best but try to keep a little fan breeze around somewhere too need ventilation.
Cannabis needs air , water or h20 the right temps and humidity in order to grow all about enviroment . Then nutes . What kind of medium you in if you don't mind my asking ?

No problem .

Yes I would do that try to follow the chart is your best but try to keep a little fan breeze around somewhere too need ventilation.
Cannabis needs air , water or h20 the right temps and humidity in order to grow all about enviroment . Then nutes . What kind of medium you in if you don’t mind my asking ?

I have my out-take fan from across the room pointed at it (from my small grow room) giving it a bit of air circulation. I'm growing with some "starter mix" by "Islands Finest" with a bunch of extra perlite and some vermiculite mixed into it.

I have my out-take fan from across the room pointed at it (from my small grow room) giving it a bit of air circulation. I'm growing with some "starter mix" by "Islands Finest" with a bunch of extra perlite and some vermiculite mixed into it.

Cool little chart to help ya out in future screen shot it is what I do if interest

420-magazine-mobile794855874.jpg

Back
Top Bottom