Why Medical Marijuana Makes Sense For Chronic Pain, A Doctor's View

I would love to work in the industry but to be honest I have no idea where to start looking. At this stage of my life I would even take a major cut in income if I could find something. I am vested in my retirement so I could afford to find something else to do I just really have no idea where to start looking.

If you have a suggestion on where to start looking I am all ears :)

Aww brother, with your compassion and Cannabis knowledge as well as your skill set in electrical work, not to mention living in a legal state, I'm sure you could do many jobs in the Cannabis industry like becoming a bud tender, delivery driver, grower, or grower helper, bud trimmer, greeter, security or even start your own business setting up grow rooms or something along those lines? Maybe grow supply sales? Personal care giver? Just go to your local dispensaries and keep asking for a job doing anything to just get your foot in the door and take anything they'll give you to start and then go from there and move into which ever side of things your heart tells you feels right for you.

You should go ahead and retire and just go for it brother, I can't help but think it would be truly rewarding to help sick people get the medicine they need, especially as big as your heart is my friend.

I know that if Georgia ever gets with the program and legalizes, even if it's just for MMJ, I'm not even going to hesitate to get working in the Cannabis field doing something? Probably cultivation, bud tending or as a delivery driver so I can bring happiness to peoples lives with my compassion and friendly personality. I'd love going to work everyday knowing I get to help sick people feel better. I'm really being forced to miss my calling here and I would move to a legal state in a minuet if it weren't for my kid and the rest of my family keeping me here in Gerogia.

420warrior, :thanks::thanks::thanks:

I am such a putz, I never even thought of trying that. That is a fantastic idea and I will be looking into doing just that. The last few years, ok the last decade, I have isolated myself from a lot of the world. Work was easy to get through the union so I never had to actually look or research where to look for a job. Time for me to get active again and pound the pavement.

You have given me a few great ideas on where to start. Thank you :circle-of-love:

420warrior, :thanks::thanks::thanks:

I am such a putz, I never even thought of trying that. That is a fantastic idea and I will be looking into doing just that. The last few years, ok the last decade, I have isolated myself from a lot of the world. Work was easy to get through the union so I never had to actually look or research where to look for a job. Time for me to get active again and pound the pavement.

You have given me a few great ideas on where to start. Thank you :circle-of-love:

WOW brother, that gives me chills, I am so glad to hear that my friend and I really believe you can do it too, everyone here just loves you to death, hell just look at the member of the month voting poll and you can see that, your winning my friend, that's not just an accident either, there's a reason for it brother.

I totally believe you will naturally make an awesome care giver with your knowledge and all your compassion and kind personality. They will love you and you will feel so good about helping people. I'm actually envious my friend because that's my dream as well but I'm in a state to where my hands are tied, which sucks, but you have a golden opportunity to change peoples lives.

I think you should start a new thread somewhere here and keep a written account of how you got into the Cannabis business and give us all the gory details of what it took to get there so that anyone else who's interested in taking the same path can read it and know what it took to get there too...If that makes sense?

:goodluck: I'm rooting for ya brother, much love and respect from my little corner of the universe. :circle-of-love::high-five:

:Namaste:

Aww brother, with your compassion and Cannabis knowledge as well as your skill set in electrical work, not to mention living in a legal state, I'm sure you could do many jobs in the Cannabis industry like becoming a bud tender, delivery driver, grower, or grower helper, bud trimmer, greeter, security or even start your own business setting up grow rooms or something along those lines? Maybe grow supply sales? Personal care giver? Just go to your local dispensaries and keep asking for a job doing anything to just get your foot in the door and take anything they'll give you to start and then go from there and move into which ever side of things your heart tells you feels right for you.

You should go ahead and retire and just go for it brother, I can't help but think it would be truly rewarding to help sick people get the medicine they need, especially as big as your heart is my friend.

I know that if Georgia ever gets with the program and legalizes, even if it's just for MMJ, I'm not even going to hesitate to get working in the Cannabis field doing something? Probably cultivation, bud tending or as a delivery driver so I can bring happiness to peoples lives with my compassion and friendly personality. I'd love going to work everyday knowing I get to help sick people feel better. I'm really being forced to miss my calling here and I would move to a legal state in a minuet if it weren't for my kid and the rest of my family keeping me here in Gerogia.

I couldn't agree more with you 420 Warrior, There is NO feeling like helping people. That's what I did until I got hurt on the job as a full time Firefighter/Paramedic. Working with Cannabis would definitely be helping people and knowing in your heart that you make a difference to other peoples lives is an emotion I don't even have words for. I would be trying to work with Cannabis now if I wasn't mostly bedridden or in a wheelchair for short periods, like seeing my Doc monthly. I miss helping people so much that I now have P.T.S.D. along with depression from having to go out on a disability pension and knowing I won't be able to help anyone anymore. Older Grower, It really is the best feeling you can have, knowing that your life has such an impact on others when they need help, Sorry if I interrupted your thread, but just wanted to tell you HOW MUCH helping people can change your life. I wish you both only the best.

I couldn't agree more with you 420 Warrior, There is NO feeling like helping people. That's what I did until I got hurt on the job as a full time Firefighter/Paramedic. Working with Cannabis would definitely be helping people and knowing in your heart that you make a difference to other peoples lives is an emotion I don't even have words for. I would be trying to work with Cannabis now if I wasn't mostly bedridden or in a wheelchair for short periods, like seeing my Doc monthly. I miss helping people so much that I now have P.T.S.D. along with depression from having to go out on a disability pension and knowing I won't be able to help anyone anymore. Older Grower, It really is the best feeling you can have, knowing that your life has such an impact on others when they need help, Sorry if I interrupted your thread, but just wanted to tell you HOW MUCH helping people can change your life. I wish you both only the best.

Brother, your interrupting nothing my friend and your the very kind of person that now deserves our help, you sacrificed yourself to help others and for that and people like yourself, I am truly grateful.
:thanks:

Brother, your interrupting nothing my friend and your the very kind of person that now deserves our help, you sacrificed yourself to help others and for that and people like yourself, I am truly grateful.

Thank you for the kind words, I'm no one special, just another person in need of help. Unfortunately Illinois doesn't see it that way and unless they add new conditions to the Illinois law for MMJ I don't qualify even though I have 2 herniated discs in my back and 2 in my neck and all are impinging on the spinal cord causing horrendous pain 24/7 as well as debilitating migraines daily all of which make me take 3 schedule 2 narcotics (which are gonna kill me by destroying my liver and kidneys) as well as a barbiturate for the migraines, I just want off of the narcotics that are going to end me and use a safe alternative like MMJ . I have written them so many letters about it, but never get a reply. Sorry, I just started rambling about me. I just meant to say thanks.

Thank you for the kind words, I'm no one special, just another person in need of help. Unfortunately Illinois doesn't see it that way and unless they add new conditions to the Illinois law for MMJ I don't qualify even though I have 2 herniated discs in my back and 2 in my neck and all are impinging on the spinal cord causing horrendous pain 24/7 as well as debilitating migraines daily all of which make me take 3 schedule 2 narcotics (which are gonna kill me by destroying my liver and kidneys) as well as a barbiturate for the migraines, I just want off of the narcotics that are going to end me and use a safe alternative like MMJ . I have written them so many letters about it, but never get a reply. Sorry, I just started rambling about me. I just meant to say thanks.

My friend, what your going through is precisely what we're here trying to stop from happening to so many people. Too many people are being kept strung out on harsh medications because big pharma keeps it's hand so far up politicians asses their basically just puppets doing whatever the puppeteer makes them do.

What we're trying to do is build our numbers with so many people that we can take back control of our government and force them to conform to the will of the people or be voted out of office and we'll just vote someone in there who will make the changes we want, but it's going to take all of us sticking together in one big loud voice to make these changes happen.

Your story is all too common, your just one guy sending in letters and seeing first hand that nothing is being done because politicians just shrug you off and don't take serious one person at a time asking them to change their stance on Cannabis reform. That's precisely why we need all hands on deck joining with us to write letters, signing petitions and voting for Cannabis reform laws. We need tens of thousands of us doing this every chance we get until those bastards start realizing they work for us and not just people with deep pockets pulling their strings.

Brother, you are very important, more than you even realize because you are here and you are getting involved and you are not alone in this fight even though you may feel like your are, your not. We just have to be patient and stick to our guns and keep fighting together and the changes we want will come.

The first thing we all need to do is start getting all the members here actively involved in this fight and make them realize how very important it is that they take a little extra time away from the grow rooms and spend a little time learning about what it's going to take to help get Cannabis laws changed and how to speak out and make their voices heard.

The second thing we need to do is get out in public and start inviting more people to come here and join us every chance we get, in order to build our numbers beyond the control of our government and really start putting more and more pressure on them until they are forced to listen to us.

We can do this my friends, we just all have to do our part together. We have got to stand united with one common goal and one loud voice saying YES WE CANNABIS!!!
:high-five:

My friend, what your going through is precisely what we're here trying to stop from happening to so many people. Too many people are being kept strung out on harsh medications because big pharma keeps it's hand so far up politicians asses their basically just puppets doing whatever the puppeteer makes them do.

What we're trying to do is build our numbers with so many people that we can take back control of our government and force them to conform to the will of the people or be voted out of office and we'll just vote someone in there who will make the changes we want, but it's going to take all of us sticking together in one big loud voice to make these changes happen.

Your story is all too common, your just one guy sending in letters and seeing first hand that nothing is being done because politicians just shrug you off and don't take serious one person at a time asking them to change their stance on Cannabis reform. That's precisely why we need all hands on deck joining with us to write letters, signing petitions and voting for Cannabis reform laws. We need tens of thousands of us doing this every chance we get until those bastards start realizing they work for us and not just people with deep pockets pulling their strings.

Brother, you are very important, more than you even realize because you are here and you are getting involved and you are not alone in this fight even though you may feel like your are, your not. We just have to be patient and stick to our guns and keep fighting together and the changes we want will come.

The first thing we all need to do is start getting all the members here actively involved in this fight and make them realize how very important it is that they take a little extra time away from the grow rooms and spend a little time learning about what it's going to take to help get Cannabis laws changed and how to speak out and make their voices heard.

The second thing we need to do is get out in public and start inviting more people to come here and join us every chance we get, in order to build our numbers beyond the control of our government and really start putting more and more pressure on them until they are forced to listen to us.

We can do this my friends, we just all have to do our part together. We have got to stand united with one common goal and one loud voice saying YES WE CANNABIS!!!

You can count me in. I'll do whatever I'm physically capable of to make a difference and forward the cause. I have already joined the MPP (8-9 years ago) and try explaining to everyone I know how important this is to the health and quality of life of people in need of Cannabis because of it's long term safety and lack of O.D.'s (and that comes from 15 years working on the Fire Dept. and having NEVER seen an O.D. of Cannabis worse than falling asleep). I'm in in any way I can to help. I'm so grateful to have people like you fighting on the right side of this!

You can count me in. I'll do whatever I'm physically capable of to make a difference and forward the cause. I have already joined the MPP (8-9 years ago) and try explaining to everyone I know how important this is to the health and quality of life of people in need of Cannabis because of it's long term safety and lack of O.D.'s (and that comes from 15 years working on the Fire Dept. and having NEVER seen an O.D. of Cannabis worse than falling asleep). I'm in in any way I can to help. I'm so grateful to have people like you fighting on the right side of this!

Sounds to me like your already on the right path brother, you just keep doing what your doing by spreading the word and convincing others to do the same every chance you get and we'll eventually get this done. :high-five:

It's just a matter of getting the numbers we need to pour the pressure on our government at this point and the changes we want will come.

I'm very grateful and truly inspired by you my friend, you could just be sitting around feeling sorry for yourself like so many other people do when tragedy strikes, but no, you're still letting it be known that nothing is getting in your way and you'll be in the fight till the bitter end and that's the kind of passion and spirit that should let us all know that we will win this war once and for all!

Sounds to me like your already on the right path brother, you just keep doing what your doing by spreading the word and convincing others to do the same every chance you get and we'll eventually get this done. :high-five:

It's just a matter of getting the numbers we need to pour the pressure on our government at this point and the changes we want will come.

I'm very grateful and truly inspired by you my friend, you could just be sitting around feeling sorry for yourself like so many other people do when tragedy strikes, but no, you're still letting it be known that nothing is getting in your way and you'll be in the fight till the bitter end and that's the kind of passion and spirit that should let us all know that we will win this war once and for all!

It's a fight sometimes not to feel sorry for myself, but I don't believe in just giving up and I have a strong support system in my family. I plan on winning this fight if I have any say in it and if I don't win, I'll go down swinging at least! I appreciate you also, you have a gift of being so positive and uplifting that I think you and some of the others who post positively here do so much to keep the morale up that people like myself gain strength just from reading the posts. :high-five:

I will continue writing to people in politics or anyone that has influence in the fight for MMJ as long as I am capable of doing so. I'm lucky in the respect that most people have an open mind for people who did what I did for a living and were injured trying to help others. I'm not saying I'm anyone special (I'm NOT!), I just mean it opens a few doors to get politicians to at least listen to my story and needs in regards to all the people who would benefit from MMJ to improve their length and quality of life.

It's a fight sometimes not to feel sorry for myself, but I don't believe in just giving up and I have a strong support system in my family. I plan on winning this fight if I have any say in it and if I don't win, I'll go down swinging at least! I appreciate you also, you have a gift of being so positive and uplifting that I think you and some of the others who post positively here do so much to keep the morale up that people like myself gain strength just from reading the posts. :high-five:

I will continue writing to people in politics or anyone that has influence in the fight for MMJ as long as I am capable of doing so. I'm lucky in the respect that most people have an open mind for people who did what I did for a living and were injured trying to help others. I'm not saying I'm anyone special (I'm NOT!), I just mean it opens a few doors to get politicians to at least listen to my story and needs in regards to all the people who would benefit from MMJ to improve their length and quality of life.

That's the beauty of this place brother, it's the love and compassion unlike any other place that sets it apart from all the rest in the fact that we can all lean on each other and feed off of one another when we're feeling down and out, we can come here and gain our mental strength back and regain focus.

When we come here, we do so because we all have a common goal to fight for Cannabis prohibition to end but there's also an aspect of it that's unforeseen in the form of positive energy that helps us all heal mentally and lift's our spirits back up.

When we go to write letters to our reps, we not only need our mental faculties to be strong and intact, but we also need the knowledge and facts to back up what we're telling them. It's an awesome thing to have a place like this that provides both positive energy and education. like a one stop shop (if you will), for the tools we all need to fight this noble fight.

Forgive me for getting off topic here but I have some ideas I'd like to share with y'all...

There is a little known about forum in this site called "Activist Corner" found here 420 Activist Corner that I think we need to utilize allot more than we do and I've been thinking about some ways we can use this forum to our advantage.

1st; We need to collectively build our numbers, and by that I mean, we should start a new thread with the intention of getting all the activist here gathered in one place to discuss new ways and approaches we can take to help us move forward. We can bounce ideas off one another and have discussions about things we can do to help our cause. We will also have a place to invite other members to join us any time we see someone showing an interest getting active in the fight, that way if they need educating, we can teach them things they may not know, or vice versa, they may be on to something we may not know as well. Point being, it will be like a meeting place for us to all come together and collectively gather our strength in one location instead of us being scattered all around the site, if that makes sense?

2nd; We should also start a new thread to where we can all go in and pre-write letters to our reps and then have everyone read them and help us add or remove things to them and help fine tune these letters so that when we send them in, they will have more facts and stronger wordage and a bigger impact when our reps go to read read them. I have a feeling that some of our letters may be getting viewed by them as just begging for them to legalize Cannabis and aren't making a strong enough argument? The point of our letters needs to be strong enough to make them start start realizing that maybe they should rethink things and start looking further into what the people want and our letters need to be strong enough to have that impact. When these letters are fine tuned and have a very strong message, we can then copy and paste them in an email to be sent in.

3rd; Kind of along the same lines of my second idea, we should write up new petitions on a regular basis and go around the site getting all of our members to go in and sign them. We can write them up and then everyone can make suggestions to add or remove things and fine tune them before we submit them to the petitions website.

I have some other ideas floating around like, printable fliers and business cards to hand out when we talk to people out in public. It's all about gathering strength and our numbers to force our government to pay attention to what we want from them because this one person at a time strategy will never work, it's a very weak approach at best. We have plenty enough members here to get the word out but we just need to get them all involved in this fight together in one loud voice.

Sorry guys, I know I just got way off topic from this story but this thread seems to be getting allot of attention so I figured I may as well throw these ideas out there while I have a crowd gathered.

Forgive me for getting off topic here but I have some ideas I'd like to share with y'all...

There is a little known about forum in this site called "Activist Corner" found here 420 Activist Corner that I think we need to utilize allot more than we do and I've been thinking about some ways we can use this forum to our advantage.

1st; We need to collectively build our numbers, and by that I mean, we should start a new thread with the intention of getting all the activist here gathered in one place to discuss new ways and approaches we can take to help us move forward. We can bounce ideas off one another and have discussions about things we can do to help our cause. We will also have a place to invite other members to join us any time we see someone showing an interest getting active in the fight, that way if they need educating, we can teach them things they may not know, or vice versa, they may be on to something we may not know as well. Point being, it will be like a meeting place for us to all come together and collectively gather our strength in one location instead of us being scattered all around the site, if that makes sense?

2nd; We should also start a new thread to where we can all go in and pre-write letters to our reps and then have everyone read them and help us add or remove things to them and help fine tune these letters so that when we send them in, they will have more facts and stronger wordage and a bigger impact when our reps go to read read them. I have a feeling that some of our letters may be getting viewed by them as just begging for them to legalize Cannabis and aren't making a strong enough argument? The point of our letters needs to be strong enough to make them start start realizing that maybe they should rethink things and start looking further into what the people want and our letters need to be strong enough to have that impact. When these letters are fine tuned and have a very strong message, we can then copy and paste them in an email to be sent in.

3rd; Kind of along the same lines of my second idea, we should write up new petitions on a regular basis and go around the site getting all of our members to go in and sign them. We can write them up and then everyone can make suggestions to add or remove things and fine tune them before we submit them to the petitions website.

I have some other ideas floating around like, printable fliers and business cards to hand out when we talk to people out in public. It's all about gathering strength and our numbers to force our government to pay attention to what we want from them because this one person at a time strategy will never work, it's a very weak approach at best. We have plenty enough members here to get the word out but we just need to get them all involved in this fight together in one loud voice.

Sorry guys, I know I just got way off topic from this story but this thread seems to be getting allot of attention so I figured I may as well throw these ideas out there while I have a crowd gathered.

You can count me in, I think that is a great idea.

You can count me in, I think that is a great idea.

Awesome brother, I had no doubt you'd be on board as well as a few other people that are always here commenting in the news areas.

I think we can have a pretty good size team of us pretty quickly once we make it known around the site.

My hope is to get these threads up and running throughout the week and then we will have a foundation to work with. ;)

I know this is the wrong thread and I apologize, But I have questions about growing and all the threads I've found and posted to are old and I never get a response (last response was Like 2008 to 2012 old), Can I ask you guys some questions or is there a way to get people to respond to old threads? Sorry to be a pain, It's just I have some questions and can't get an answer to the threads on this board about growing. Maybe it's because people don't want it out there that they grow and are worrying about getting busted. I have just tried so many different threads about growing and can't get an answers to my questions.

I know this is the wrong thread and I apologize, But I have questions about growing and all the threads I have just tried so many different threads about growing and can't get an answers to my questions.

There are places like Erowid, that have tons of information. I use Ixquick Search Engine to look for grow information, since it is a little more anonymous. Once you get started, there is tons of information. Thing is, it is a weed! Throw it in the dirt and water it a little, and it will grow. There are tricks. I grew way back in college, but don't any more! At 63, I am too old to mess with that stuff. One could end up in prison for growing it, as well! Tomato seeds can be grown in a way that it produces all year, and not just the summer!

I know this is the wrong thread and I apologize, But I have questions about growing and all the threads I've found and posted to are old and I never get a response (last response was Like 2008 to 2012 old), Can I ask you guys some questions or is there a way to get people to respond to old threads? Sorry to be a pain, It's just I have some questions and can't get an answer to the threads on this board about growing. Maybe it's because people don't want it out there that they grow and are worrying about getting busted. I have just tried so many different threads about growing and can't get an answers to my questions.

In my opinion, the BEST way to get growing questions answered is to start a Grow Journal at Journals in Progress and put a link to it in your signature.

People will follow your grow experience from start to finish and offer advice. We especially like pictures of the plants :)

Even if you aren't growing but PLANNING to grow start a journal.

Put your name and first in the title Smokeaters First .....- maybe a cute title and people will follow your posts (subscribe)

Post here, and I , for one, will subscribe.

:oops:

I see you started a grow journal already..

See you over there :)

Thank both of you guys, I was thinking the same thing about it being a weed and it should be easy to grow, and I did start a Grow Journal on 420 Magazine, which is why I mentioned I couldn't post any pics, but I spoke to my son and he thinks he has an old cell phone I can use for pics, so hopefully there will be pics in my journal too. But the biggest reason I'm writing is to say thank you to both of you guys! Any help is a BIG help! So thank you from the bottom of my heart!

Was there something in particular you wanted to know, or did you have lot's of questions you needed answers to?

I have a hard time believing that no one here would be willing to help you out brother. You don't need to be going to old existing threads or some other site, you need to start a new thread with a title like "New Grower With Questions" or something like that. Start a new thread in the frequently asked questions or the growers lounge in the grow room forum and someone should be there to help you for sure.

If you have a specific question then most times you can do a search and find the answers your looking for. My best advice is to do your research and read all you can about it before you even start attempting a grow, get a base of knowledge established and then go for it, don't do it cold and just hope for the best. Also, do it with bag seed the first grow or two so you don't waste money by killing expensive seeds if you do fail the first time trying. You can buy exotic seeds to grow after you've establish some growing skills.

I don't advise just throwing seeds in the dirt and watering and hoping for the best because there's allot more to growing premium Cannabis than that. Hope this helps brother? Shoot me a PM if you want to talk further about this, ok? I'll do all I can to help you get started.

Back
Top Bottom