Will my LEDS I have set up work to grow one plant?

25 watts wil be a struggle. It'll grow, but it'll be small and larfy..... don't need much red in veg. Id try to beef it up a bit with only blue. Good luck

I’m new to growing and I’m wondering if my 25 watt led that uses the blue and red light spectuem 460nm and 660nm red and blue be enough for the one plant?
You would get it to sprout and live for maybe 2 weeks at the most you better off to use 5 cfl 6500k spectrum at 100watts each then to try growing with that 25 watt led light and the wall draw for wattage on that light is probably only 10 watts so yeah pretty much useless specially with the red spec for veg dont get me wrong they need red spec for veg but not in this much of what you wanting to throw at it

The biggest problem is streaching for light.

I recently tried some seeds und insufficient LED lighting. They just kept going up. I moved em under real lights. They got some leaves and fell right over. Took a long time before the maine stem caught up. I was testing lights that were not meant for growing and I was considering for cloning but the results were drastically bad. These are way worse than what you are talking about. But that is what is the worst thing to happen will be. Just keeps stretching if the reat is awesome.

And it will be very difficult to get dense highly resinous flowers at low wattage. Near impossible at what you are talking about.

You would get it to sprout and live for maybe 2 weeks at the most you better off to use 5 cfl 6500k spectrum at 100watts each then to try growing with that 25 watt led light and the wall draw for wattage on that light is probably only 10 watts so yeah pretty much useless specially with the red spec for veg dont get me wrong they need red spec for veg but not in this much of what you wanting to throw at it
Okay thank you very much and a 23w = 100w will work for fluorescents? If I’m using cfls at 6500k and will 4 work instead of 5 for one plant? Or I’m thinking about 1000 watt led full spectrum???

This is how I’ve got it set up now with 120 volt 60hz fluorescent tube no idea what watts it is and the just blue leds on just put in the newly hatched seed so I’ll see if it grows thanks for the help

Attachments

• E0E57CA1-B3C2-48B2-A440-596E5532E1E7.jpeg
    E0E57CA1-B3C2-48B2-A440-596E5532E1E7.jpeg
    789.1 KB · Views: 52
No its massively weak. Minimum requirement for growing anything worth growing is 400w per m2 whether thats 1 plant or 10plants. Avoid cfl for flowering plants, they give terrible penetration and arent cost effective. You can get a 400w or 600w hps with digi ballast and shade for 100$ or so. That will make a massive difference. Dont waste your time growing with a torch.

Okay thank you very much and a 23w = 100w will work for fluorescents? If I’m using cfls at 6500k and will 4 work instead of 5 for one plant? Or I’m thinking about 1000 watt led full spectrum???
Yes four will do but you will want to add 2 bulbs each per week during veg and do not use them for flowering during this time threw veg save money for a good light and buy it asap bc you will need atleast 400 watts out of the wall for a good starting light

This is how I’ve got it set up now with 120 volt 60hz fluorescent tube no idea what watts it is and the just blue leds on just put in the newly hatched seed so I’ll see if it grows thanks for the help
No take them and put under your 4 cfl asap you have.. bc this flourescent in pic looks like it has a cover for one and it cant be no better then the led light you were mentioning go buy a pack of 5 cfls at home depot you can get 2600k or 6500k you will want 6500k for veg the pack is like 12$ cant beat it but more you have the better growth you will and place them about 6-8 inches from top of the plants

Back
Top Bottom