Will this grow?

Ollylake

As part of my insatiable appetite for doing things my own way, I have chopped the top off one of my plants. Will this grow? I currently have it in a jar of water, I’m hoping it will live on as a clone that I can gift to a friend. TYIA :)

A724BC6F-4582-497D-A775-66F5CC9608B3.jpeg

As part of my insatiable appetite for doing things my own way, I have chopped the top off one of my plants. Will this grow? I currently have it in a jar of water, I’m hoping it will live on as a clone that I can gift to a friend. TYIA :)

A724BC6F-4582-497D-A775-66F5CC9608B3.jpeg
It might take a long time just in water
U could get some rooting compund and put it a peat plug or a small pot and cover with plastic bag for several days to keep humidity up
Google cloning cannabis for some good instructions
Also if you top from the top of plant it may even take longer
Good luck with your clone

Yes it will work. Tops are great for cloning. Your going to want to using some cloning gel and a rock wool plug though. I don’t think it will root in the water, rather I think it will rot. I second the researching cloning cannabis. Very good information on YouTube regarding it. And it’s a really easy process. I’m 100% success rate so far with over 200 cuts haha. Just started growing in December haha

Maybe the question could have come before you cut it? :D

I would take off the two lowest leaves and cut it again at a 45 degree angle just below where those leaves were. Then dip it in aloe vera or a rooting gel/powder. You'll get rooted faster that way. And get it out of that jar.

Thanks for the responses and apologies I’ve been absent from this thread.

Would any rooting compound do? There are some cheap versions available at Walmart. Could I just put it straight into soil after dipping into the compound?

Many thanks.

Maybe the question could have come before you cut it? :D

This is part of my innovative way of doing things, trial and error lol. Also, this plant was way too tall anyway. I am trying to encourage it to grow new branches instead of continuing its upward growth.

I topped off a few of my plants and am in the same process. I'm a new grower (very first time), so this is all new to me. That being said, here is what I did - Topped at the 3rd node, cut a small slit up the center (about 1/4 inch) of each cutting, dipped in Clonex gel, then placed each one in a Jiffy Pot. It's been a couple days, and they are showing no signs of wilting so I think they're gonna be okay.

YFomoX6.jpg

PZM3v1t.jpg

WHbibZs.jpg

Could I just put it straight into soil after dipping into the compound?
I wouldn't. It might work, it might not. There are many good YouTube videos, I'd start there. I've always used rockwool and have had pretty close to 100% success. Do your homework, a couple of hours of research and you'll be cloning like a pro in no time.

Thanks for the responses and apologies I’ve been absent from this thread.

Would any rooting compound do? There are some cheap versions available at Walmart. Could I just put it straight into soil after dipping into the compound?

Many thanks.

This is part of my innovative way of doing things, trial and error lol. Also, this plant was way too tall anyway. I am trying to encourage it to grow new branches instead of continuing its upward growth.
Ive tried just chopping a branch off and sticking it straight back into the same pot of coco. Done it with 5 tops. The 2 that were in the shade both survived no worries. The ones in direct light all died pretty instantly.
100% sucess rate with clonex rooting gel and root riots under a wee cfl though. Dozen or so now. Real easy like.

Back
Top Bottom