Willie Nelson Supports 'Tea Pot Party'

Jim Finnel

Fallen Cannabis Warrior & Ex News Moderator
SAN ANTONIO - Country music legend Willie Nelson is lending his support to a Facebook site in hopes of getting marijuana legalized.

In November, Nelson was arrested by the U.S. Border Patrol after agents said they found 6 ounces of marijuana on his bus during a routine border checkpoint stop. Nelson posted bond and was freed.

A month earlier, Nelson had jokingly suggested the formation of a political party to promote legalization of marijuana. Referring to the Tea Party movement, he said, "I was thinking if we combined our efforts, we could do the Tea Pot Party."

Following his arrest, Nelson was contacted by groups advocating the legalization of marijuana and agreed to lend his support to a Facebook site called The Tea Pot Party.

In its first week, more than 35,000 joined the Facebook group. It now has followers in all 50 states.

Nelson, a longtime advocate of legalization of marijuana, said, "When you start taxing and regulating it like you do alcohol and tobacco, you take the criminal element out of it."

Nelson said legalizing marijuana also would have a positive impact on border security.

"The flow of illegal drugs across our border with Mexico would stop," Nelson said.

"Legalize the soft drugs and you will solve a lot or problems," he said.

NewsHawk: Jim Behr: 420 MAGAZINE
Source: KSAT.com
Author: Paul Venema
Copyright: 2011 KSAT.com

Amen to Willie! Its crazy that he got arrested, I mean come on, who the hell out there is really saying they are alot safer that Willie is off the streets? lol, its rediculous.

The prick cop said, of Willie's arrest, "I'll have him scrubbing toilets just like any other criminal -I don't care who he is"
This fat Texas Border Patrol cop is going to make a 77 year old man scrub toilets? He probably wants to water board him too, to get information into where Willie scored the herb.
I've got news for that POS: Willie would never rat out his friends! (After all, He's not Greg Allman).

GOD BLESS YOU WILLIE. Was that agent for real? Dont you have to pass an i.q. test or something to become one? I am going to facebook now to join the tea pot party. peace+love slojoe

Back
Top Bottom