Wilting leave tips on seedling/veg please help!

first-tymer

I just transplanted my baby three days ago and at first we were doing great, but withen the last 12 hrs things have taken a turn for the worse and I can't put my finger on the reason... This is my first grow and I made the mistake of going with a relatively complicated hydroponic drip system. I am learning a lot but I fear it may not be fast enough for my plants. Here is the link to my journal, it will give you a better idea of the equipment I am using and how I have it setup... There are also pictures of the plants. I am wondering if I transplanted too soon? At what point does a plant begin it's vegetative cycle? Should I be giving it more nutes? I am currently using the recommended amount for seedlings? I have the rapid rooter I used for germination buried relatively deep into the medium because the plant stretched alot in it's early stages of growth and I wanted to make sure it had a sturdy base so the top of the rapid rooter is atleast an inch or two below the top of the medium, could the rapid rooter be holding too much water because it is buried so deep? I was told it was okay to bury them like that, but I'm skeptical. I am also running my lights 24/7 could that be damaging them as well? When is the proper time to put it on an 18/6 cycle? I have heard of people running their lights 24/7 throughout the intire veg, but this could just be people running their mouth??? Also having a hard time keeping my ph down, could this be a sign I need to add more nutes? The plant still seems too small I am afraid to over feed it with the nutes. I was also told that this is a continuous drip system so I can safely water 24/7, is this true? As you can see I have so many questions it is hard for me to determine where I'm going wrong..... Heres the link! Please help soon...

My First Grow Ever! I'm Excited!

i went to your journal, but dont have the time to read through all of it right now.. ill answer what i can from the info here.

is this a DWC with a drip system, or is it just drip?

next... what ph's are you running? and what PPM?

24/7 lights are fine. and depending on the size of plant.. i wouldnt go over 200ppm right now for your water.

what im afraid of , is slime in your res. double check to make sure there is not slime, or goo or algae in your res. if there is, that could be choking out your roots, and we need to act fast on it.

What do I do if there is slime cause i am positive there is??? Do I need to get my watter temp down?
The ph is around 6.0, my ppm I haven't figured out yet, but I just bought a meter, I'm just not familiar with how to use it.
It is a combined DWC and drip ring system...

you have slime? oh boy.. . well.. if you look in my journal.. i have detailed info in the first couple posts, on how i overcame slime...

if you do it the way i did, you wont have to worry about temps, or light leaks.

Nibec's Single Plant CFL Kalashnikova SCROG

if you need any assistance, or questions whatsoever, make a post, and then PM the link. and ill help out best i can.

i'd rather you make a public post rather a private PM, that way people who are unfamiliar with the process can gain info from it, and people experienced with it can also chip in, maybe ill learn something new too!

none the less... the faster you act.. the more chance you have of saving the plants.

oh, for the ppm meter... just stick it in your res, and the number it gives you is your PPM.

Back
Top Bottom