Wilting plant help

Cmoneywills

Hey hey. Im having a problem with my outdoor cookie dough. Its grown in a soiless living organic mix ( KIS organics). I have 4 plants in a raised garden bed with 1 cubic yard of mix. Acouple weeks ago one of the side branches of only 1 plant started wilting and all growth turned brown along edges of leaves. Now 70% of the plant is wilting. Any idea?

20210827_110542.jpg

20210827_110536.jpg

20210827_110514.jpg

20210827_110507.jpg

Wow - that’s disturbing. The only times that I have seen that kind of wilting (on other plants - not cannabis), it was due to blight, which is a fungal disease. If you are only seeing this on only the one plant so far, I would sincerely consider getting it out of there before the other plants are infected also.
:sorry:

May be a root issue... Grubs, Root Rot, Mole, Vole?

Kind of pointing out the obvious I know But, with all the rest looking good it is something with just that one. I would be looking very close for holes in the ground around it. Maybe dig up the soil carefully and see if something is attacking the roots. Has it been unusually wet there?

Some nice looking plants on either side of the wilting plant. Those are looking good.

I have seen similar situations being discussed on this message board and the problem is usually traced back to one of two things.

It could be a nutrient problem with the problem starting to show up in the lower area of the canopy and working its way to the top. Only thing is the problem looks like it is affecting the whole plant, top to bottom, at the same time which is concerning. It would be very unusual for the plant to be running low on specific nutrients in a small area that the plant's main root ball would need. The other plants right next to it do not show any similar problem in the photos and there would be some of the soil by the roots of those other plants.

@FelipeBlu is bringing up a good point in that it does look like one of the common blights which is the second thing to consider. If the problem cannot be figured out very soon then think about his suggestion of getting it out of there before it infects the other plants.

Some of the wilting and browning looks to be worse at the top growing tips than it does in the lower area. I notice that it looks like some of the growing tips have been cut off. Was that done because they had wilted and turned brown?

May be a root issue... Grubs, Root Rot, Mole, Vole?

Kind of pointing out the obvious I know But, with all the rest looking good it is something with just that one. I would be looking very close for holes in the ground around it. Maybe dig up the soil carefully and see if something is attacking the roots. Has it been unusually wet there?
That was my immediate thought too

Back
Top Bottom