Wilting plants!

VAGUEtrain

Hey guys vague here. we built our new flower room and transplanted yesterday, we have 1 Recon 1 Grandaddy purple, and 2 himalaya golds... the golds are the big ones at about 26 inches... and evrytime we turn on our hps's they wilt badly, we turn the lights off and spray with some seatea, and they perk back up. but i really dont think the plants will make it with the hps on for more than 4 hours, the room isnt too hot, its at a good 80degrees solid. and a good humidity range of 20-30, what could it be? at first i thought heat, than i though water... weve got the res full of 1/2 solution for the transition and were feeding them with that (OH WE USE EBB AND FLOW 2x4ft table) anyway , any ideas? help and feedback is always more than appreciated

cheers vague

It's the lumens. This is a problem outdoor growers have when they try to introduce clones outdoors that started life indoors. They aren't used to be bombarded with all that light so they wilt. You need to harden them up by continuing this process of putting them into the room until they start to wilt then remove them until they recover and then start over again.

wow, thanks racefan, and even more suprising to me... thats what i was thinking yesterday, our waters fine, our temps are fine.. i thought it was something like a lumen overdose, good to know i was on the right track. what we have in the room is 1 400w hps, and 1 250w hps. weve been turning the 400 on everynow and than giving them a bit of what is to come. when wilting happens we turn the hps off, spray with seatea, and turn on some cfls in there. so i figured its just something were going to have to ease them up on.

theyre in an ebb n flow enviroment and i beleive transplanting them hasnt helped their condition. and our ebb n flow is 2x4 of hydroton, not really able to be moved anywhere. weve been keeping them on constant light as was our veg cycle. 24/0. but weve been giving them hps light while they can take it and then switch to hanging cfls.. but today weve had progress and the two Hg's are seeming to be able to support underneath both lights..

time will tell for hermie and such, but for now things look for the better.

Back
Top Bottom