EBB & FLOW PROBS. really need help/advice

VAGUEtrain

me and my father have been in veg for about 6 weeks maybe a little more... we have 2 14 inch himalaya gold. well tonight we got our ebb and flow setup its a ... 22 x 17 by 8 inch deep tub.... we have plenty of hydroton.. a 396 gph pump.. with 1/2 hosing for the pump and the drain... we tested it a little sonner than we should have... our tub is filling up far too much for our system to drain... i was thinking hey take the hose out of the drain and let it just pour back into the reservoir, that didnt help... i had the notion that maybe from the syphoning effect from keeping the hose on my help..we might just have to drill another drainage? or something. i dont know im stuck on this one. and i want my babies to be ok.

anyway to the reason im really really upset right now.. is that the two himalaya glds were in the ebb n flow when we turned it on, the tub flew so high that it all started floating, my rockwools cubicles just sank, thyere soaked they were being held with roots in the air... im just realllly pissed/frustrated and worried. and out of crhonic ;[ ima sad panda, anyone got any advice though? :peace: -vaguetrain

It is official.. We have fixed the tank! :ganjamon: we had to make a total of 4 drains... it is a bit too much but we figured better safe than sorry. but it fills up in a matter of 15-20 seconds.. and maintains the level we want, right at the bottom of our 4" rockwools. the plants have still been growing, i beleive a half an inch today so far. pics will be posted soon in the grow journal. which is right here. First indoor grow

vaguetrain

I know this is old, but you have way too big of a pump! For a 3 foot x 3 foot flood table at like 8 inches deep you can use a pump that is less than 200 gph. I would recommend trying the smallest pump you can find for like 10 bucks and plug 3 of 4 drains. Possibly a pump between like 15 gallons and 50 gallons. Did the pump just shoot the hydroton into the air?

Peace

lol ofcourse it didnt shoot the hydroton into the air.. it just over filled the tank before the drain had enough to let out. so no didnt shoot it out:] more made it float like cereal! hahaha. we thought about getting a smaller pump, but why waste mney when we could do this all really cheaply... we actually got pretty macgeiver on our tub and im proud of it. we tried using regular screen over our drains, well that wasnt working well with the hydro ton so we made some fixtures out of plastic carry cases for nails/rubber o-rings/etc etc. and drilled tiny holes into them and apoxied them with awuatic silicone.. making a bit of a cage over our drain. plus theyre see through so if we move some of the hydroton over, we can see exactly whee the water level is. i took a pic of the drain covers we made, ill post it as soo as its uploaded.

Back
Top Bottom