Wits end - need help

Sometimes I totally read things wrong and think someone is using a differant tone then they really are. Could be a case of that. But anyway, Im sure we can move on.:focus:

whitey's negative comments were hilarious although I'm not sure why he took offense to me correcting him and helping another grower. It was nothing he would have said in person especially after meeting me or seeing my garden.:yummy:

If that was the case I truly apologize, and believe me the last thing I doubt is anyones garden. I swear, maybe its just me but every time I've seen you post other than the one I quoted here you seem like you have some kind of problem or are pissed about something, like its a big deal for you to post some useful info or something. I'd rather you say dude you are wrong because XYZ bam, I coulda explained myself a little better than I did. Seemed like you were saying dont listen to this idiot or whatever, which basically you were so I took offense....

It just seemed like you were acting a bit dickish thats all dude. As I said, if its not the case I sincerely apologize. I thought its a little much telling a newborn to not do a weekly res change, I see that he's already had some success but if he knew what he was doing he wouldnt be asking for help on some pretty standard stuff, temps and PH. My guess is he got lucky getting as much bud as he did, and by the way he went out and just purchased a new setup rather than clean the one he had........only tells me he had some funk going on in his res and needs to be a little cleaner, leaving it there for 2 weeks or more isnt gonna be a good thing for him, and believe me people listen to others here, I've done so and paid for it. I admit my mistake posting my PH regimen, its my opinion if he did that he would play with the PH up and down less, its the worst enemy for a newb, believe me I know. 90% of my issues in the beginning were due to heat, my PH meter and those blue and orange bottles and I avoid using them as much as I can now, things started going my way once I stopped that and started changing the res weekly.

As I said my opinion is its gonna cause more problems as I tried going that route and being new I cant see anyone being good enough to maintain a res for 2 weeks, as it is hes more than likely over correcting the PH and his temps are just going to make it worse. Even though I was being as sarcastic as I could possibly be... you obviously are a better grower than most, myself included but from my own experience its problematic not changing solution frequently in the beginning. If once a week is too much, than I think its a necessary waist for someone just starting out, and if his res temps are pushing in to the upper 70's and 80's I'd say change it twice a week because its going to go bad as far as root rot never mind the lack of oxygen even if he's using H2o2 which I dont see he is.

At least everyone can get a laugh out of it, wasnt what I was going for but glad it worked out like that.

Don't sweat it bro, whether we admit it or not, we ALL have ego's here and don't really like to be told were wrong. We all work very hard on learning as much as possible on growing the plant we love and it sucks when it seems like someone is shooting our knowledge down. I'm sure we've all fell victom to an ego bruise at one point or another. You obviosly have grow knowledge and were just trying to help out a fellow grower in need, and we should just leave it at that.
Peace,
NEPharmer

If that was the case I truly apologize, and believe me the last thing I doubt is anyones garden. I swear, maybe its just me but every time I've seen you post other than the one I quoted here you seem like you have some kind of problem or are pissed about something, like its a big deal for you to post some useful info or something. I'd rather you say dude you are wrong because XYZ bam, I coulda explained myself a little better than I did. Seemed like you were saying dont listen to this idiot or whatever, which basically you were so I took offense.... As I said, if its not the case I sincerely apologize.

No big deal. Not trying to offend anyone, next time I'll explain my reasoning better next time. I too occasionally learn something new when I get corrected by a more experienced grower than myself.

My guess is he got lucky getting as much bud as he did, and by the way he went out and just purchased a new setup rather than clean the one he had........only tells me he had some funk going on in his res and needs to be a little cleaner, leaving it there for 2 weeks or more isnt gonna be a good thing for him

I agree he got lucky and probably needs to clean his system. The res should be cleaned thoroughly every time it's changed and the entire system cleaned and sanitized at every harvest. I still disagree with changing the res every week although I understand where you're coming from now that you explained your reasoning.

if his res temps are pushing in to the upper 70's and 80's I'd say change it twice a week because its going to go bad as far as root rot never mind the lack of oxygen even if he's using H2o2 which I dont see he is.

In regards to the lack of oxygen, that is rarely an issue with hydro unless of course the res temps are high. If his res temps were getting that high he would definitely have root rot along with other plant health issues but I don't think that was the case. My understanding of the temp readings were ambient air.

Back
Top Bottom