Wits End

Thdark

420 Member
Any ideas on this? Its systemic across 4 strains, approx 60 plants, not bugs, no change in nutes (adv nutrients). Just changed RO filters and saw some rust colored old water. Not heat issue. PH spiked to 7.8 a coupla weeks ago and have been using PH Down. Not getting a ton of fresh air and reading 288 ppm CO2 on a questionable gauge. Same basic setup for 2 years. ???

Attachments

• 20200725_153533.jpg
    20200725_153533.jpg
    787.1 KB · Views: 58
It could be the result of that ph spike how is the Ph now? How are the ppm's in the run off water? Hmm...Wondering maybe if salt build up could be at play as well....What type of lighting and how close to the plants?

It could be the result of that ph spike how is the Ph now? How are the ppm's in the run off water? Hmm...Wondering maybe if salt build up could be at play as well....What type of lighting and how close to the plants?
So all parameters same as I've been running for 2 years. 1000w hps not <8" from fixture. PH has come back into control. Changed RO water filters and purged all lines. I did notice some funky orangish colored water fr old membrane filter. Is there some kind of killer algae that membrane filters can hold? That's one current theory. The other is some like if a virul infection. Having a hard time finding info on either in 'the literature'.
Under a scope the young leaves have a fuzzy or furry appearance on bottom side veins. This seems to spread to leaf edges as they mature and then the edges curl up as on original pic. Will try to attach a pic of leaf bottom at this stage showing veins very protruded. Everything I've done to this point has had little to no affect.

Attachments

• 20200727_160907.jpg
    20200727_160907.jpg
    624.8 KB · Views: 37
Hmm ...Maybe it is the algae like you said, If everything is inline your plants should be fine? Now you did say a 1000w hps light only 8 inchs from top of plants? If so that could be the cause, too much heat from light, maybe back it off a lil that strain might not like the light that close.

Hmm ...Maybe it is the algae like you said, If everything is inline your plants should be fine? Now you did say a 1000w hps light only 8 inchs from top of plants? If so that could be the cause, too much heat from light, maybe back it off a lil that strain might not like the light that close.
Thanks for the reply. Sadly I found the problem. It was bugs after all. Had been looking for more "normal" sized buggers like thrips I'd seen but these russet mites really small. Took over all 60 plants beyond repair.. and trashed them yesterday. Sucks..lesson learned.

Back
Top Bottom