WOLFtick3t's First Journal - Sensi NL Auto - Bathtub Grow

As of midnight all 8 seeds have germinated, been potted and are now above ground. Booyah! Tentative harvest date around June 1st.

Going to start to germinate my last 4 seeds (one each, Royal Dwarf, Trans Siberian, Great White Shark & Lemon Skunk) on Monday. Then plant them in 1G pots. Then plant those pots in 3G pots once they are freed up by harvesting.

Two thoughts behind this. More soil and room hopefully = bigger plants. And being able to germinate and start plants for 2-ish weeks before I've harvested the plants they will replace in the tub is my next easiest way to up production, since I've maxed out my space (and then some).

I keep looking at Mars Hydro panels and wanting to throw a 700 II on the Flower (right side), swap the 360 panel to where the UFO is (left) and use the UFO for seedlings. Could move a CFL to provide side light, then too. Or retire it. Less bulbs and cords and whatnot the happier I am.

image10460.jpeg

Some very carefully nuked (w/ wet paper towel) Lemon Skunk Auto (Canuck Seeds) samples that made for a couple of incredibly relaxing cannons in the Wolf Den :Namaste:

I took her 4 side branches off over a couple of days and tested at different points, nuked if necessary, though after 36 hours the smaller trimmed buds were pretty crispy. Just a nice, very lemony gasoline smoke. Chopped her main cola on Friday morning and she's been hanging high, away from the fan, since. She's about 3/4 of an ounce I'd say, all together. Very happy for the tall 2G pot and free seed. Going to give the strain a try in a 3G pot.

I jumped the gun on 1 of the 8 seedlings as the leaves never deployed and it withered away. It was in one of the new pots, with mostly new soil and vermiculite. Organic ProMix Seed Starter and ProMix Vermiculite. I think maybe I didn't flush the pot as well as I should have before sowing the seed. My never ending noob mistake.

Otherwise just ordered more seeds. 5 more Trans Siberian (Auto), 5 Polar Express (Auto) and 3 Bubba (Dinafem). All auto, as usual. Comes with 6 free auto seeds, 2 each Quarter Pounder, Sweet Tooth and Northern Lights (Canuck). 19 auto seeds should keep me busy for a little bit :thumb:

Still planning to start germinating 4 more seed about this time tomorrow. Think I'll flush the new pot again and put the Lemon Skunk right into it after germinating. The Great White goes in a tall 2G and the RD and TS will have to go in bottomless 1G pots to wait for their 3G pots to free up in about a week - I know their growth patterns fairly well at this point so they make a good test crop for my 3G+1G pot system.

Looking forward to the Spring and maybe growing some stealthy balcony plants with my tomatoes and whatnot :Namaste: Hope everyone is having a good weekend:bongrip:

Diaz 1,2& 5 I'm in.... Hope not too late... Congrats on harvest too.. Going to keep this journal going or start another.....

Diaz 1,2& 5 I'm in.... Hope not too late... Congrats on harvest too.. Going to keep this journal going or start another.....

Never too late! And much appreciated, lots more harvests to come I hope.

I had planned on starting a new 2016 thread and then got busy with work and didn't want to create clutter with a newbie thread, haha. I think I'll finish my 10-ish current seeds and seedlings and then make a new thread and for the new batch of autos. Probably middle of May.

MacroHarvest-2160417.jpg

Finally a proper photo! Had to get some macros and check the maturity. Some pretty snowy fields on these Siberian twins :love: The above is a cola of I believe (don't take photos high, kids) the shorter sister and the macro below is the taller twin on the far right side of the tub.

MacroHarvest-1160417.jpg

I took some of the Great White Shark and topped Royal Dwarf, too. They aren't as close but both are starting to feel pretty sticky. May have to actually take them out of the tub for some beauty shots :Namaste:

Ordered a UV/charcoal/HEPA Filter for $100 worth of my precious visa points. The drying skunk is a bit much and it's just a single cola hanging. I'm excited for the Bubba seeds but I'm told they are not stealth, haha. This unit is rated for 150+ sq feet so will hopefully make a difference in our small bathroom garden.

Along similar lines there was a sale and I grabbed an 11 pound organic coir brick. The more I read the more I think I am still way off from the ideal aeration and compaction.

MacroCheck-6160418.jpg

This is the shorter Siberian sister. I am not upset about the purple, haha. She's looking pretty and pretty close to harvest. Really plumped up this weekend. I think I may take her out and tent her separately for 48 hours before harvest.

MacroCheck-3160418.jpg

Some Siberian trichromes. The taller of the two sisters. From her main cola.

MacroCheck-4160418.jpg

Shooting with a FX Nikon 24 MP w/ 60mm macro. This is about a 100% crop of the above photo. Flash camera right and fired up into the CFL reflector which really makes a handy flash reflector, too.

MacroCheck-5160418.jpg

200% crop (little less) - she's got less amber than her sister, might harvest at the same time though to contrast and compare smokes.

MacroCheck-2160418.jpg

And the Royal Dwarf! She's getting there. Slowly but surely.

image10662.jpeg

Couple of the new Royal Dwarf sprouts on the right side, and a Siberian girl down in the bottom corner.

Nothing much doing. Coco and air purifier not here yet so not much to report on. Smoked some more of the Lemon Skunk, she's tasting great, and having trouble making sentences. Good sign, haha.

Plan to do a final flush for the Siberian girls Thursday or Friday and let them sit in the dark for a couple of days before harvest. Looking forward to it but don't want to rush. Auto Seeds recommends letting them rest in the dark for 2-3 days to max the trich production.

Still haven't germinated the final seeds as I think I've changed my mind and will only germinate the Lemon Skunk, Great White Shark and Royal Dwarf and plant them right into 3G pots. Save the Siberian seed and the 1G pots for the next set of seeds in May/June.

Really thinking hard on a Mars Hydro II 900 (only $80 more Canadian than the 700, haha, see if Mrs Wolf goes for that logic...) as the weather heats up and those big CFL's throw a fair bit of heat. Would drop one of the 85 CFL's and the UFO (100 true watt) and gain 420-ish true LED watts for those hungry blooming girls. The UFO would be perfect for my long planned sprout/veg container.

Addendum: if I am doing my math right the 700 is $480 Canadian to my door and the 900 is $470. That's from their website. Amazon is $500 for the 700 or $590 for the 900. I guess I'll have to call and see what's up, haha.

Hey wolf grow is looking great so far. For an extra few bucks it's always worth getting the stronger lights unless you're sure never to use it because of heat maybe or some other reason. Good luck with the wife though lol!

Thanks SoIMJ! She's really enjoying the homegrown so I think she will understand, haha. She was pretty excited I finally got some Bubba seeds.

On the seed note I got sucked in by a 420 sale and free seed promotion. No auto seeds, all photoperiod Fem seeds from Canuck. 2 Bubba Kush Fem, 1 Coma Kush Fem, 1 Purple Pineberry fem, 1 Kushy Kush Fem.

Bubba kush is one of my favourite plants to grow and a great smoke also...

Bubba kush is one of my favourite plants to grow and a great smoke also...

Use to get it at my dispensary but they haven't had any since maybe September? Long time. Was our nightly pre-bed smoke for a year or more, really great for relaxing or getting some rest. The Dinafem Bubba autos sound like they have some solid genetics so here's hoping. Any growing tips? I'll probably germ 2 for my next batch.

image36854.jpg

Tested some of the Siberian, quite a lot of the Great White and some Royal Dwarf over the last few days. The Great White was really nice after a few days drying, as was the Royal Dwarf which was a bit of a surprise since she looks the least mature. The Siberians are potent even when nuked and really smooth and clean after dried properly.

Picking up the coco tomorrow and then I can get to work harvesting and germinating and whatnot. The 7 new seedlings are all looking good. Should benefit from being moved to better light once the big girls are gone.

Three photos each of the Siberian girls right before I did the final flush a bit ago. Here's the taller girl, a little less ripe and no purple colour but still looking good.

SiberianFlush-1160423.jpg
SiberianFlush-2160423.jpg
SiberianFlush-3160423.jpg

And here's the shorter lady with her nice colouring and plenty of snow :Namaste:

SiberianFlush-6160423.jpg
SiberianFlush-4160423.jpg
SiberianFlush-5160423.jpg

Will leave them to dry a bit overnight and then bag them and move them to my office to rest in the dark until probably this time Monday. Will finally germinate those three seeds tomorrow and then I'll just be keeping an eye on all the babies and waiting for the RD to finish up.

Bubblegum x master kush or og kush? Mine stretched a bit. Top them and can feed them heavily. Easy to grow.

Dinafem website says it's 'Bubba Kush Pre'98 and a White Widow Autoflowering'. I've got little to no idea what the Bubba Kush is derived from, but white widow auto I know a little of.

Happy May to everyone. Little progress update. Photos of the new crop to come soon.

Restocked the seed vault. Still waiting on the Fem seeds, autos got here - Polar Express, Trans Siberian and Bubba. Total auto seed count at 22 (6 Trans Siberian, 3 Bubba, 5 Polar Express, 4 Amnesia, 2 Quarter Pounder and 2 Sweet Tooth). That's not including the Royal Dwarf, Great White, Lemon Skunk and an AK that I started germing last night for the 4 empty pots.

Drying the RD still. Bagged the Siberians a couple days back. Totalled about 1 ounce of really nice stuff and a quarter or so of smaller stuff between them. Plus trim, which from the Siberians is great.

image11548.jpeg

The girls hanging out earlier! I'm pretty excited about this bunch. The big 3 on the left are Siberian, then the co-potted Royal Dwarf girls, and finally a pair of Royal Dwarf plants in the 1G pots on the right. The one Roual Dwarf is the runt of the group, though she was slow from day 1 and has caught up a bit since then. The bigger girls in the large pots got their first nutes last night. 1/4 strength EJ Grow and Micro.

image11549.jpeg

Above is right before I tucked them in for bed. Every night I turn the CFLs off, the LED's stay on all the time now.

The Fem seeds arrived with an extra Blueberry Fem seed from Canucks, nice surprise. That makes 6 Fem seeds, two Bubba, one Pineberry, one Kushy Kush, one Coma Kush and the Bluebrry, all Canuck Seeds strains. Probably be a bit before use them, but it was too good a deal too pass up.

Air purifier is in and running and has been a nice addition. Noticeable difference in the air quality and smell, for a $100 unit I can't complain. Also ordered a new temp and humidity guage to try and improve accuracy.

Otherwise just planning to clean and organize the space a bit to try and squeeze all these growing girls in without the lights getting too high.

Good to hear everything is coming along nicely. Nice looking plants as well.

:thumb:

Hey SoIMJ, thanks! About 3 weeks old and I think they're the biggest I've managed to get them by that age, haha. The lighter soil made a difference. Adding some coco to the 4 pots for the next bunch right now. This stuff is crazy, can't believe how much it expands.

I'm planting veggies on the balcony today, tomatoes, carrots, herbs, peppers, kohlrabi and some flowers of some sort that were a free giveaway with the other seeds. This is as much to provide cover for a couple of my Fem seeds as to provide fresh herbs and produce :yummy: I'll probably plant the Blueberry and Kushy Kush in 2G pots in a couple of weeks out there.

Cool. I hear coco is a great medium to use if you can make sure they're watered properly. At 3 weeks it's looking great for you well done. I like the herbs being used as cover, its funny how growing cannabis often leads to other botanical interests lol!

:thumb:

Hope all is well in your world.

Is this grow still alive?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read our Photo Gallery Tutorial.

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom