Woman Accused of Trying to Sell Pot to Undercover Cop

Weedpipe

420 Member
CANTON OH. – A Canton woman was arrested after she tried to sell three bags of pot to an undercover officer near Sauers Junior High School, police reports say.

Lorie M. Ouellette, 40, of 1244 Wertz Ave. SW, was arrested at 11:32 a.m. Monday at a neighbor's home on a marijuana trafficking charge and two warrants charging her with felony drug trafficking, Stark County Jail records said.

Jail records said she had offered to sell the officers three bags of marijuana for $135.

The attempted sale occurred within 1,000 feet of the school, the jail records said.

Ouellette was booked into the jail and released on her own recognizance later the same day.

She has been scheduled to appear in Canton Municipal Court on Wednesday, court records show.

News Hawk- Weedpipe 420 Magazine - Cannabis Culture News & Reviews
Source: CantonRep.com
Author: Lori Monsewicz
Copyright: 2010 GateHouse Media
Website:Woman accused of trying to sell pot to undercover cop

A couple of points...there are very few places in a lot of areas that aren't within 1000 feet of a school. $135 dollars worth of Cannabis on the street can't be much more than 10 grams. Three bags would probably best be described as three little baggies. She lives in the neighborhood near the school. She was probably set up, otherwise why was she in a neighbor's house selling to an officer?

She's looking at a felony charge with minimum 6-18 months in jail for offering an adult something that is considered medicine. She faces the loss of her driver's license for up to 5 years.

I think LEO's efforts would better be served by arresting dangerous people with criminal intent.

Hey, I'm a maverick.

In other news, a man was bitten by a dog when he attempted to cut across his neighbor's yard. The man was charged with trespassing after being treated and released from the local hospital's emergency room. The dog declined medical treatment.

Now, these types they should be arresting!!!

"Prohibition goes beyond the bound of reason, attempting to control man's appetite by legislation & makes a crime out of things that are not. The law strikes a blow at the very principles upon which our government was founded" -Abe Lincoln

With that kind of attitude, you have no belief in the quote you use as your signature. Shame on you for your hypocrisy!

she was trying to sell pot to someone who doesn't have a doctors note close to a school. Some people just get what they deserve. If you don't agree with the arrest run for city council and legalize pot for all.

she was trying to sell pot to someone who doesn't have a doctors note close to a school. Some people just get what they deserve. If you don't agree with the arrest run for city council and legalize pot for all.

By saying she got what she deserved you're implying that the laws are justified. Do you think the laws are justified? Someone running for city council has no ability to legalize Cannabis.

I am saying she did something that is illegal. It is not legal to sell marijuana to someone who does not have a doctors recommendation. If you don't want to run for city council run for governor or president. Then legalize marijuana for all and let it be sold next to a school.

Neither the governor nor the president make laws. Here's a question for you, honestone. Do you think Cannabis should be legalized?

If you were in office you would be in a better position to legalize marijuana for all. You are not going to get legal marijuana by complaining over the internet. Yes I believe marijuana should be legalized for ages 21 and over. Anyone selling marijuana should file a tax return and have a business license. I am for legalized marijuana but against tax evasion, money laundering, and other financial crimes. I am also against businesses doing business without the proper licenses and permits.
Here is a question for you FreakNature. Do you believe it is okay to sell marijuana next to a school? I sure don't. Both you and I had to get a note from a doctor (assuming you have one). The woman who was arrested was not asking to see the undercover officers recommendation.

Again, being a Governor or the President doesn't give you power to legalize Cannabis. It's a process that starts with the people that are being represented by their government. Often, that process includes educating the voters through the media, including forums like this. That's why, when I see someone here who uses Cannabis for medicine implying that there's something harmful or dangerous about the plant and that the laws prohibiting it's use and trade are acceptable, I will continue to disagree.

I believe that, despite the laws, it is okay to sell Cannabis next to a school to a consenting adult. I wouldn't do it, but I don't think there is anything morally wrong with it. By the way, Ohio doesn't have MMJ law(s), so not sure why she would ask for someone's recommendation.

I also think business licenses and permits are nothing but a tax with no benefit to the business. The businesses are already paying taxes, the licenses and permits are just a revenue stream for the jurisdiction. I think we should keep the government out of our business(es) as much as possible.

I also think business licenses and permits are nothing but a tax with no benefit to the business. The businesses are already paying taxes, the licenses and permits are just a revenue stream for the jurisdiction. I think we should keep the government out of our business(es) as much as possible.

me too!

ok fine lets all go sell pot next door to schools. Lets open what ever business we want with no business license. We can have dispensaries, massage parlors, liquor stores, bars all with no permits and no one who sells cigarettes will need a tobacco sellers permit either. If the city can't provide necessary services such as fire stations and EMT's to the people well what ever.
the law is the law if you don't like it run for office. If you were on LA city council you could have voted not to close any dispensaries.

ok fine lets all go sell pot next door to schools. Lets open what ever business we want with no business license. We can have dispensaries, massage parlors, liquor stores, bars all with no permits and no one who sells cigarettes will need a tobacco sellers permit either. If the city can't provide necessary services such as fire stations and EMT's to the people well what ever.
the law is the law if you don't like it run for office. If you were on LA city council you could have voted not to close any dispensaries.

You seem to be mixing up a lot of things that have public health issues (tobacco, massage parlors, liquor stores, bars) with something that's more harmless than food (Cannabis).

Dave, I've owned a business for many years and I've always complied with the requirements for licensing and permitting, and paid my taxes. The taxes are what pays for the services provided by the local jurisdiction. For an innocuous business like mine, the fees are just overhead with no benefits. I don't get inspected nor do I cost the city or county anything by doing what I do.

Making decisions at the city level won't help the overall cause of Cannabis legalization very much. It needs to happen at the federal level to have major impact. I don't see myself as a legislator or representative, but ya never know. Right now my focus is providing common sense information here.

Have those who suggest that being 'near' a school ever looked at the maps that show just how few areas aren't near a school? Do we consider how much the police exaggerate things? If it could be shown that this had the true possibility of proximate effect oh schoolchildren you better believe that they would have mentioned it in the article, rather than just noting that it was 'near' a school.

Have those who suggest that being 'near' a school ever looked at the maps that show just how few areas aren't near a school? Do we consider how much the police exaggerate things? If it could be shown that this had the true possibility of proximate effect oh schoolchildren you better believe that they would have mentioned it in the article, rather than just noting that it was 'near' a school.

Yep:
A couple of points...there are very few places in a lot of areas that aren't within 1000 feet of a school...

It's just another way to add ridiculous charges on top of ridiculous charges as part of reefer madness..."what about the CHILDREN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!??????!!!!". It appeals on a visceral level without having any validity.

friend of mine and his ol'lady head down to her brothers for a wedding. they all go out to a bar and are celebrating. at 1am on a saturday night they go out into the parking lot and fire 1 up, next thing they know 2 cops are on em, BUSTED. they have a total of 1/2 a joint. well, turns out they were within 1000ft of a school. you couldnt see the school with the naked eye, and he had no clue there was even a school nearby. and at 1am on a saturday night i would think no classes or activities were going on at the school, it didnt matter, 1000ft is a 1000ft, no matter what time it is. that joint cost him over $10,000 and his job. some call it justice, i call it BS

Yep and it happens 800,000 times a year

Back
Top Bottom