Would you top yet? First timer a lil apprehensive

TWINTURBODOGO

Hey all, we've got a 26 day old WW seedling we wanna top.
I've read up on topping a bit. Looks like lots of folks top as early as anywhere from 3rd to 5th node.

We wanna top at the 3rd node now. But she looks a lil small and we're just not sure she's big enough and of we should wait a while.
Can someone who's done this before take a look and let us know what they think plaease?
420-magazine-mobile626008643.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1296812016.jpg

WW is the one on the left.
420-magazine-mobile836077550.jpg

Sent from my SM-G530T using 420 Magazine Mobile App

It's really up to you and imo won't make much difference in the end, but... I would probably wait till it's a couple nodes taller. Growth is exponential and in a week or more it will be growing faster, have more foliage, lose a smaller percentage when you top it, and have less slow-down when you do- not that I usually see very much slow-down from topping. But in reality - incorporating a little training, it will amount to the same thing in the end whether you top now or in a while.
Edit- if it's an auto- no idea. I don't grow/top autos.

Thank you all for your replies and advice.
I'd like to try topping her twice. Once now and then top the two new main stems at their second nodes.
Is this ok to do?

Cool thanks.
Time to chop!
Lol I almost feel bad for her. I don't like the thought of hurting her. Only because I'd become attached to the last 2 plants we grew.
I fell bad that were gonna cut down our 2nd girl this weekend lol. They're a member of the family already, like our dogs or cat lol.

Back
Top Bottom