Wu-Tang Clan Pulls Support of Green Causes

Jim Finnel

Fallen Cannabis Warrior & Ex News Moderator
STATEN ISLAND, NY — Powerhouse hip hop crew the Wu-Tang Clan have pulled their public support of green causes, after discovering that they focus on a general movement towards preserving the Earth and its natural resources, as opposed to the legalization of marijuana.

“That’s some bullshit,” said Wu-Tang producer and de facto group leader The RZA. “We’re down with the Earth and whatnot, but we’re not trying to lobby for it or nothing. Now smoking weed – that’s a cause we can all get behind and stand up for. They should call the Earth stuff something else, because it’s pretty confusing.”

In the urban environment that reared the Wu-Tang Clan, marijuana has many nicknames, including “green.” All of the group’s members were misled by the Green Politics moniker, thinking that it referred to their favorite narcotic rather than preservationist practices.

“Where I’m from, when you talk about green, you’re talkin’ about that Indo, man,” said Ghostface Killah, one of Wu-Tang’s MCs. “You know – fire, hydro, ganja… It’s the shit you put in blunts – does that help?”

The groups members all say they were encouraged to support green causes by now-deceased Wu-Tang co-founder Ol’ Dirty Bastard, who RZA says was “always committed to the fight to smoke blunts freely.”

“Yeah, Dirt came into the studio one day a few years back and just starts going on and on about how they got this new whole politics that’s all about smoking that fire,” said Method Man, another of the Clan’s distinguished members. “I guess none of us really looked into it that closely, we just heard ‘weed politics’ and signed a bunch of petitions. I’m just glad ODB isn’t around to see his dream crumble.”

News Hawk: User: 420 MAGAZINE ® - Medical Marijuana Publication & Social Networking
Source: SeriousSportsNewsNetwork.com
Copyright: 2008 SeriousSportsNewsNetwork.com

Back
Top Bottom