Xlr8's Magic Brownies - Step by Step - With Pictures!

:bravo: the brownies are delicious! very potent. I've never had brownies this potent :laughtwo:
I went with the advice and started with a half brownie, and I'm very very glad I did :) haha! It surprised me, a true creeper. I ate a half, then took my time rolling a joint and smoking it. After about an hour I go to my little garden to mess around, and bam, while I was LST'ing some of the girls I got a sudden reminder that I ate a brownie :laughtwo:
The half proved to be too potent to be honest, so I ended up with 4x the amount of servings that I though I'd have. Six brownies ended up being 24 servings. I loved that because the brownies are too sweet for my taste. Eating a bite-full and getting really high sounds a lot better than eating a whole brownie to me. I just don't have a good appetite for sweets. Everything I did was pretty much the same as the recipe. Mixed oils, mixed strains trim, kept at temps, and added the soy lecithin. Never had brownies come out this good :thumb:
The strained oil was very dark in color, looked so yummy and danky :). Maybe I'll use this in cooking some other stuff too :thumb:

:thanks: :thanks:

Thanks for this post! Will be trying it soon, forgot ovenbag at the store:tokin:

Curious as to whether you ever gave it a shot - would love your feedback! :)

:bravo: the brownies are delicious! very potent. I've never had brownies this potent :laughtwo:
I went with the advice and started with a half brownie, and I'm very very glad I did :) haha! It surprised me, a true creeper. I ate a half, then took my time rolling a joint and smoking it. After about an hour I go to my little garden to mess around, and bam, while I was LST'ing some of the girls I got a sudden reminder that I ate a brownie :laughtwo:
The half proved to be too potent to be honest, so I ended up with 4x the amount of servings that I though I'd have. Six brownies ended up being 24 servings. I loved that because the brownies are too sweet for my taste. Eating a bite-full and getting really high sounds a lot better than eating a whole brownie to me. I just don't have a good appetite for sweets. Everything I did was pretty much the same as the recipe. Mixed oils, mixed strains trim, kept at temps, and added the soy lecithin. Never had brownies come out this good :thumb:
The strained oil was very dark in color, looked so yummy and danky :). Maybe I'll use this in cooking some other stuff too :thumb:

:thanks: :thanks:

That's so cool, iSmokes!

I'm really glad you took the time to post your thoughts/feedback. They sure can be hella potent if you do it right, huh? The nice thing about not overdoing it, is that you can really just focus on the fun part of the experience. It's no fun to be "too high".

I save any extra oil, and have even used it in my salad dressing! Once I had about enough for half of the called for oil/butter in a snicker-doodle cookie recipe. I mixed it with some regular butter, baked up the cookies, and holy moly were they good! They weren't as strong as the brownies because there wasn't as much oil, but a few and you felt really good. They tasted great, too, as the snicker-doodle flavor is very complimentary to the cannabis oil.

:thanks: for sharing your experience and giving it a try - I appreciate it sincerely! :thumb:

Smokey's a star isn't he X? :blushsmile:

I've found my way back here signposted by him.

I reeeeeeally want to make these and make them work darling. Like I've said previously I tried them before I even joined the site. I don't know what I did wrong! :sobs:

I tried twice and I am wondering if it was the weed because I can cook and I did use a double boiler in the absence of a slow cooker.

Hmm. Perhaps I will give a very scaled down version a go for a single person portion and put this fear to bed once and for all!

Post Script

To anyone who is reading this, in no way whatsoever should you think there is anything wrong with X's recipe or method because I can't get it to work. On this occasion it is quite clearly operator failure!

Looking forward to giving this a go tonight!

Really appreciate the diligence in the recipe outline and information, as this took quite a while to sort out various sources of info as well as trial and error I'm sure!

One thing I am curious about, in keeping the temperatures really dialed in, what about putting the oil and green mix together in a Pyrex dish, covered (Pyrex lid or aluminum foil) and set the oven at 190 degF (between 180-200 degF). Could also use the candy thermometer from time to time as well just to double check. This method i thought could simplify the temperature regulating aspect, as this seems to be a source of issues.

Going to use the mini muffin tray too!

Looking forward to giving this a go tonight!

Really appreciate the diligence in the recipe outline and information, as this took quite a while to sort out various sources of info as well as trial and error I'm sure!

One thing I am curious about, in keeping the temperatures really dialed in, what about putting the oil and green mix together in a Pyrex dish, covered (Pyrex lid or aluminum foil) and set the oven at 190 degF (between 180-200 degF). Could also use the candy thermometer from time to time as well just to double check. This method i thought could simplify the temperature regulating aspect, as this seems to be a source of issues.

Going to use the mini muffin tray too!

Hmm, I don't know why that wouldn't work? I do stir the oil periodically on the stove, but it seems logically that what you are suggesting would work - to me. Let me know if you give it a try - I may give it a shot if I can too. One thing, I don't think my oven goes that low (I can't remember for certain) - but I'm sure some peoples would. Thanks for contributing the tip!

Oh, and yes, there was some trial and error. But once I got it working well, I wanted to share the info in case others found it helpful. :)

Smokey's a star isn't he X? :blushsmile:

I've found my way back here signposted by him.

I reeeeeeally want to make these and make them work darling. Like I've said previously I tried them before I even joined the site. I don't know what I did wrong! :sobs:

I tried twice and I am wondering if it was the weed because I can cook and I did use a double boiler in the absence of a slow cooker.

Hmm. Perhaps I will give a very scaled down version a go for a single person portion and put this fear to bed once and for all!

Post Script

To anyone who is reading this, in no way whatsoever should you think there is anything wrong with X's recipe or method because I can't get it to work. On this occasion it is quite clearly operator failure!

Wish I could figure out how to make it work better for you Fluffy - somehow I missed your post initially. Would be nice sometimes if the whole world were smaller, and I could walk next-door to help see where things went wrong, so to speak! Thanks for giving it a couple of tries - sure do wish I knew what went awry...

I actually think it's my stomach to be honest my darling so don't worry. It seems that it digests things "differently" :) Anything I take that requires processing by the belly requires a hell of a lot more than other methods...

Wish I could figure out how to make it work better for you Fluffy - somehow I missed your post initially. Would be nice sometimes if the whole world were smaller, and I could walk next-door to help see where things went wrong, so to speak! Thanks for giving it a couple of tries - sure do wish I knew what went awry...

I was going thinking about making brownies with this recipe, i was wondering how much bud woule be a good amount since i wouldnt be using strim or leaves, i have high grade bud, so would like 7-10 grams of dank be good? Any opinions would be appreciated

I've never used bud (just trim leaves, etc.), so I don't know for sure. However, I will offer up an opinion. I think since it's actual dank bud it would be sufficient, assuming you do follow the recipe pretty much how I describe it. The beauty of this recipe, is that there are a few ways it will make the most of your herb. The soy lecithin will make a big difference. It's possible that it may take more than one brownie to get the desired effect, but it may not either. If you are new to brownies, go slow. It can take a couple/few hours until it really kicks in. Some people lose patience, and eat more thinking it isn't working - just to have it all kick in later on and they are then "too" medicated, which can be terribly unpleasant, to say the least. Make sure you have plenty of time to waste, because the effect can last for several hours, and is much more... complete, (intense?) for lack of a better descriptor. :)

Again, I haven't personally tried it, but I think you'd probably be good. If you go forward with it, please let us know how it goes, as the info would be helpful to others also I'm sure... :goodluck:

X

I would always eat my browneis with a cup of milk, atleast it takes the bad taste away :peacetwo:

Hey guys, my first post here.
I've been making edibles here recently but have been failing. From brownies to firecrackers to even bhang milk. The first time I made brownies, it was my only successful time and I did indeed blast off to space. Was throwing up and felt literally wasted. Now two years later, I've made several attempts and keep failing. and I'm wondering what i'm doing wrong. I'm sure I'm burning the weed or not getting it hot enough but that's cause my stove is a POS. But I'm using the double boiler method with a candy therm this time to make sure. My question is, I used 7gs of Chem OG the only time I've made it successful, do you think 6gs of Ak47 is enough for 3 large servings?

I seriously think my tolerance is too high and that's why I'm not feeling my edibles. I've eaten 1.5gs of Ak47 in a firecracker and got a slight buzz if that. I smoke at least 1-2 grams of top shelf everyday. Do you think my tolerance is too high and I need to up the dosage in my edibles? I also weigh about 250lbs if that helps.

EDIT: I'm seriously going to pick up some Lecithin, I've read nothing but great results. Hopefully this cure my problem.

Okay, I just got finished with your method. I used 6.3 grams of AK47, double boiler method. 100% Veg Oil. Just popped them guys in the oven and plan to cut into 4 servings. I hope I did this right, because my oil did not come out dark like yours. It was green as grass. Will post update soon.

**UPDATE - Ate them about 20 mins ago, I haven't smoked any bud in a couple of hours and I (think) I may be feeling high. Was pretty unsure with my oil being really green but I'm wondering if that is because I used actual bud? I have 126gs of the trim simmering in some oil right now and it's dark already. Anyways, I hope this kicks in. Will update back in a hour. Off to the League of Legends I go.

ps: I dried the leftover bud after and smoked a tiny bowl outta my bubbler, didn't even taste like weed but suprisingly was a smooth toke. Maybe extracting in peanut oil might give it a nice taste.

**UPDATE - So we've concluded that we're achieving a high state of mind right now. Thank you for the recipe and instructions. They really pinpointed my questions after trial and error about how to properly make these son of a bitches. lol.

You need to use 2 ounces to make really good brownies, very little weed is. Your problem :D

You need to use 2 ounces to make really good brownies, very little weed is. Your problem :D
I concur, but even with my tolerance.. the soy lecithin really does it. I'm am exactly one hour into it and it feels like a wave crashing into my face right now.

I would always eat my browneis with a cup of milk, atleast it takes the bad taste away :peacetwo:

Hi shbi73 --

One of the nice things about the way I do this recipe, is that the flavor isn't bad at all if you do it right. If you keep the green material and plant material out of the brownies, and filter it so it's just a dark oil without leafy material in it, the flavor of cannabis is very complementary to the brownies. In fact, I'd go so far as to say the brownies I typically make taste excellent. I like the flavor better than plain brownies!

In the past, I've had poorly made "magic" brownies, too, and they taste terrible. But, a lot of people don't strain out the plant material well, and it can really be gross having bits and pieces of weed in brownies. All you need is to infuse the trichomes into the oil correctly, and the flavor is very palatable IMO. I've gotten nothing but positive feedback on the flavor as well as the effectiveness of the brownies I make.

No milk required (but perhaps desired!). ;)

Thank you for taking the time to check out my thread - let me know if you ever give it a try! :)

Hey guys, my first post here.
I've been making edibles here recently but have been failing. From brownies to firecrackers to even bhang milk. The first time I made brownies, it was my only successful time and I did indeed blast off to space. Was throwing up and felt literally wasted. Now two years later, I've made several attempts and keep failing. and I'm wondering what i'm doing wrong. I'm sure I'm burning the weed or not getting it hot enough but that's cause my stove is a POS. But I'm using the double boiler method with a candy therm this time to make sure. My question is, I used 7gs of Chem OG the only time I've made it successful, do you think 6gs of Ak47 is enough for 3 large servings?

I seriously think my tolerance is too high and that's why I'm not feeling my edibles. I've eaten 1.5gs of Ak47 in a firecracker and got a slight buzz if that. I smoke at least 1-2 grams of top shelf everyday. Do you think my tolerance is too high and I need to up the dosage in my edibles? I also weigh about 250lbs if that helps.

EDIT: I'm seriously going to pick up some Lecithin, I've read nothing but great results. Hopefully this cure my problem.

Okay, I just got finished with your method. I used 6.3 grams of AK47, double boiler method. 100% Veg Oil. Just popped them guys in the oven and plan to cut into 4 servings. I hope I did this right, because my oil did not come out dark like yours. It was green as grass. Will post update soon.

**UPDATE - Ate them about 20 mins ago, I haven't smoked any bud in a couple of hours and I (think) I may be feeling high. Was pretty unsure with my oil being really green but I'm wondering if that is because I used actual bud? I have 126gs of the trim simmering in some oil right now and it's dark already. Anyways, I hope this kicks in. Will update back in a hour. Off to the League of Legends I go.

ps: I dried the leftover bud after and smoked a tiny bowl outta my bubbler, didn't even taste like weed but suprisingly was a smooth toke. Maybe extracting in peanut oil might give it a nice taste.

**UPDATE - So we've concluded that we're achieving a high state of mind right now. Thank you for the recipe and instructions. They really pinpointed my questions after trial and error about how to properly make these son of a bitches. lol.

Hi Melty! :welcome: to 420magazine.com!

I do think 6 gs of good bud is enough for three large servings and my recipe/process, but I haven't tried it that way.

Sometimes my oil looks a little greener than other times, not sure what makes the difference exactly - I've never had it as green as grass though. It's possible that the difference is bud, like you say, but also quantity of material. Mine looks brown, but it's a bit more material, so maybe the quantity of material makes a difference - or perhaps that it's bud like you say?

Did you "decarb" it in the oven first (dry it fully under low heat - I use the oven bag) as I described? Did you use the soy lecithin? Those (2) particular steps can make a huge difference in potency. Also, you will get better results if you grind the material up as finely as possible first. You want it really dry (decarbed), and finely ground. But, if you did those things and the lecithin, you'll probably see a much better outcome than you have in the past.

Sounds like it's working good? Just don't over-do it! Go slow, it takes 2-3 hours to fully kick-in sometimes, and you don't want to get too overly medicated. My recipe works very well if you do it right, and really maximizes your material. Just don't over-do it based on prior attempts that didn't work as well - this one works! Mine are usually so strong when I make them that a 1" by 1" is plenty for even most seasoned MMJ users. :)

Would love to get more feedback when you've spent more time with them. Also, please consider giving the thread a star rating when you get a moment if you wouldn't mind.

Thanks for taking the time to make them and give me feedback - please exercise caution, and don't plan on going anywhere for a bit after your brownie. ;)

:thanks:

I concur, but even with my tolerance.. the soy lecithin really does it. I'm am exactly one hour into it and it feels like a wave crashing into my face right now.

With this recipe, you don't need anywhere close to 2 ounces. If you follow the recipe as it's written, it makes very good use of the material and can be very potent without giant quantities of cannabis. I never use bud, personally (not that there's anything wrong with doing so - I just have plenty of shake/trim), but I wouldn't be a bit surprised that the 6 gs of AK47 would be enough to make these potent, especially if you eat more than one or a little larger piece.

Like I mentioned in a previous post, when I make them (I think I use a 1/2z typically, of shake/trim?) a 1" x 1" is almost too much unless you have some tolerance already built up, and then, it's plenty! :)

Why this recipe is here: I got really sick of recipes that didn't work and failed brownie attempts, wasting my hard earned medicine. That's how this thread was born.

Much like you, Melty, it just was never working for me. So, I really worked at figuring it out and picking peoples brains who were good at this - until I had the process refined, working well, and proven multiple times. Then, I wanted to share it so other people could do this and not have to waste all their valuable medicine on a failed effort. Cannabis is medicine for me, and edibles help me relax despite a great deal of pain. I want other MMJ users to be able to do this for themselves, too.

Back
Top Bottom