Year-round growing?

its420time

Im pretty new at growing. This is only my second time. I was just wondering if I kept rooting my seeds and planting them when rooted, wouldnt they grow outside year round as long as I brought them inside when the tempature got lower than 40 degress ?? As long as they get as much sun as possible and brought inside when it gets really cold, couldnt it be done ???
Any responses are appreciated !! And yes, I guess you could say Im a dumb ass when it comes to trying to grow !!! But Ive done pretty good so far, just not in cold weather !!!
Thanks a bunch !!!:peace:

Re: Year Round growing???

Hi! I live in ontario and as far as I know anything under 15 cel they stop growing don't like cold at all:smokin:

You could do it but you would need additional light to extend the daylight hours. There aren't enough hours of light during the winter for the plant to veg naturaly. And of course you have the cold problem. You live in Colorado so there is going to be alot of time through the winter where it will never get warm enough during the day to have your plants outside.

For the best kind of growing you would really need to keep them in pretty high temp. Don't let them get too cold cause Marijuana plants usually thrive warm climates like vietnam and jamaica, but then again in Canada...well I don't know about Canada but hey! So just try and not let them freeze, for me I would bring them in before it gets too cold like say around 6 and just shine a nice hot light on 'em for a few hours. Then just let the power of nature happen.
-tokeabloke-

Thanks for the replies. I dont live in Colorado anymore. Im in Tennessee now. So the temps here dont usually get below freezing much at all during the day. Normally stays in the mid to high 40's if not warmer. I know the daylight might be a problem, but just thought I could bring them in before it gets too dark and put them in a closet with high wattage bulbs. Any feedback is appreciated !!!
Thanks and stay high !!!

i forget who said it but i remember it was weed is stunted at around 55F and is damaged at 35F. NDW4M is right, not enough light for veg during winter, why not build a box and grow em indoor?

Cold will slow down growth, and at the same time bring out some nice color. Example , Afghanni grown at indoors at 70 degrees will be mostly uniform darkgreen , while the same strain grow outdoors and exposed to lower 40 degree night time temps will cause a definate purpleing of the stems and bud.

More important than temps is light cycles.
Outdoors in the winter in the northern hemisphere there's not enough daylight to grow pot.
If you have a room set-up with grow lights, don't ever take the plants outside. They will pick up things like bugs that ouitside aren't much of a problem but inside can explode in population and take over your garden. Spider mites are a perfect example.

Many people raise clones in side for later placement outside; this is fine.
The other way around however, is bad.

There's only 1 exception I'd recommend.
I know a girl who lives in Canada. Here plants are outside until mid-Oct or whenever cold weather sets in. Then they go into a corner of her garage until a 600 watt HPS on a 12/12 cycle and also a space heater on an opposite 12/12 cycle (when the light is on it provides heat, when the light goes off a timer turns the heater on). They stay in the garage until they're done.

Cold will slow down growth, and at the same time bring out some nice color. Example , Afghanni grown at indoors at 70 degrees will be mostly uniform darkgreen , while the same strain grow outdoors and exposed to lower 40 degree night time temps will cause a definate purpleing of the stems and bud.

More important than temps is light cycles.
Outdoors in the winter in the northern hemisphere there's not enough daylight to grow pot.
If you have a room set-up with grow lights, don't ever take the plants outside. They will pick up things like bugs that ouitside aren't much of a problem but inside can explode in population and take over your garden. Spider mites are a perfect example.

Many people raise clones in side for later placement outside; this is fine.
The other way around however, is bad.

There's only 1 exception I'd recommend.
I know a girl who lives in Canada. Here plants are outside until mid-Oct or whenever cold weather sets in. Then they go into a corner of her garage until a 600 watt HPS on a 12/12 cycle and also a space heater on an opposite 12/12 cycle (when the light is on it provides heat, when the light goes off a timer turns the heater on). They stay in the garage until they're done.

Just finishing some gorilla glue autos and I dropped temps down in mid 50s at night Nice colors

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 22
Take your time, Dude. You're only new here once in your life.
I've fallen off roller-skates, my first bike and my first girl-friend before now.....I still sometimes feel embarrassed.
Time waits for no man, but we'll always wait for you.

Grow outside in the summer, and inside in the winter. Its not just the cold that you are contending with, its the available hours of light and the fact that in the winter you are further away from the sun than you are in the summer.

Just guessing, but I don't think it'll work well.

I'm not a fan of bringing plants from outside in, unless its an emergency. Pests sometimes come in with the plant and then stay.

Pests sometimes come in with the plant and then stay.
Yes, that's true. In my case her name was Vanessa 36-24-36.

I guess Sandylee is gonna have to be very strain specific, would this not be Ruderalis?
It'll be interesting to see how you progress, Sandy. I would have started a plant or two by now if I hadn't had the chance to buy a better nearby outdoor-grow site.

What will tomorrow bring.......possibly a decision as to what strain I'll go with....and most likely annihilate with too much love.

Back
Top Bottom