Yellowing leaves and dying plants

Ok. I knew of another person that did grow in a DWC and she was told to use Canna nutrients and then with each res change she would add a mixture of hygrozyme and 29% H202. It is what a hydro store told her to do and she always had pearly white roots. I suppose I could try it. Obviously I would not use bennies but it could allow the cubes to get more oxygen from the h202 and the hygrozyme would break down any dead root material.
What do you think?
yes its good to run h2o2 in res keeps it sterile

are all your plants dead if not try dunking rockwool in ph5.8 repeatedly
Almost all of them. I started with 47. They are dying at a rate of about 1-2 a day. Some still look good. But I doubt I will be left with 10-15 by the time I harvest.

Ok. I knew of another person that did grow in a DWC and she was told to use Canna nutrients and then with each res change she would add a mixture of hygrozyme and 29% H202. It is what a hydro store told her to do and she always had pearly white roots. I suppose I could try it. Obviously I would not use bennies but it could allow the cubes to get more oxygen from the h202 and the hygrozyme would break down any dead root material.
What do you think?
I think that would probably kill them at 29%
They just need to dry between feeds!

Let them have a dry cycle of maybe a day or less between watering.

If roots are wet all the time with aeration like in DWC or RDWC it's fine because they are getting oxygen but in the cubes there is no aeration and they are rotting!!
When the cube drys the roots will grow looking for water.
I was watering them once a day, but then went to every other day when some started to die off.

Ok so I went to watering them only once every two days now. But is there anything I can do to try and stop them from dying or is it a lost cause at this point?

Ok so I went to watering them only once every two days now. But is there anything I can do to try and stop them from dying or is it a lost cause at this point?
u want to water once a day keeps ph stable try hydrogen peroxide should help the roots . If u was in veg u could have trimmed the roots

u want to water once a day keeps ph stable try hydrogen peroxide should help the roots . If u was in veg u could have trimmed the roots
I have gone to watering every other day in order to not kill them. Watering once a day is what caused them to wilt and die like this in the first place. If I was going to water them with some H202, what would be the dosage rate at 29%?

firsst off I’m a dirt farmer (mostly he, he) not a hydro guy but anywho…..

Ph is logarithmic scale - being off by a little bit still misses by a county mile…. i think your ph is too high at 6.0…. rockwool falls into hydro category ph should be set at 5.8

maybe some pros grow strictly in rockwool honestly I don’t know but what I do know is a 4 inch square cube is a tiny space for roots to carry a weed plant thru flower cycle…these plants have huge nutrient demands in flower and you know the old saying is bigger roots equal bigger fruits… It’s like trying to cram a huge bass into a fishbowl…. might work for a minute but you are headed for trouble fast….imho you need either dump the rockwool altogether or to upcan the cube into something larger….different media type…. but then why not use same media all the way thru so the plant doesn’t have yet another hoop to jump thtu

Rockwool holds too much water, again imho you would be well advised to give up on rockwool and go with either hempy type grow in straight perlite or use 100 coco coir…. both methods are inert like rockwool you will needs nutes & cal mag it’s still passive hydro so ph should be set at 5.8

weed roots love air but not exposure to light….rockwool might be ok if transplanted into hydroton or another suitable media but why not keep same media type all the way

Ph is logarithmic scale - being off by a little bit still misses by a county mile…. i think your ph is too high at 6.0…. rockwool falls into hydro category ph should be set at 5.8

maybe some pros grow strictly in rockwool honestly I don’t know but what I do know is a 4 inch square cube is a tiny space for roots to carry a weed plant thru flower cycle…these plants have huge nutrient demands in flower and you know the old saying is bigger roots equal bigger fruits… It’s like trying to cram a huge bass into a fishbowl…. might work for a minute but you are headed for trouble fast….imho you need either dump the rockwool altogether or to upcan the cube into something larger….different media type…. but then why not use same media all the way thru so the plant doesn’t have yet another hoop to jump thtu

Rockwool holds too much water, again imho you would be well advised to give up on rockwool and go with either hempy type grow in straight perlite or use 100 coco coir…. both methods are inert like rockwool you will needs nutes & cal mag it’s still passive hydro so ph should be set at 5.8

weed roots love air but not exposure to light….rockwool might be ok if transplanted into hydroton or another suitable media but why not keep same media type all the way
A bit of information would help you understand my growing situation. The Volksgarden only had 2 options for growing cube size. a 3.5 inch or an even smaller 1.5 inch. I chose the larger one. The Delta 4 rockwool cubes slide into plastic holders which then slide into the large plastic rotating drum. I talked to the company many times about different medias. They said the only one they found that would work is rockwool. This is because the drum rotates slowly. It does one rotation in about 50 minutes. Any other media than rockwool would simply fall out when it rotated upside down.
I was able to have fantastic success with this machine but it was like 8 years ago. Each plants was like 8 inches of pure bud. I just gotta remember exactly how I did it back then.

Thank you for your input though friend.

A bit of information would help you understand my growing situation. The Volksgarden only had 2 options for growing cube size. a 3.5 inch or an even smaller 1.5 inch. I chose the larger one. The Delta 4 rockwool cubes slide into plastic holders which then slide into the large plastic rotating drum. I talked to the company many times about different medias. They said the only one they found that would work is rockwool. This is because the drum rotates slowly. It does one rotation in about 50 minutes. Any other media than rockwool would simply fall out when it rotated upside down.
I was able to have fantastic success with this machine but it was like 8 years ago. Each plants was like 8 inches of pure bud. I just gotta remember exactly how I did it back then.

Thank you for your input though friend.
Are these volksgardens made for cannabis or are they just for small herbs and similar stuff??
The cubes seem much to small for cannabis.

Are these volksgardens made for cannabis or are they just for small herbs and similar stuff??
The cubes seem much to small for cannabis.
If you look at my grow journal I made back in 2014 then you can see I had great success running some Grape God. I don't think the company made them exactly for cannabis, as they can grow all sorts of things. But the Grodan Improved Delta 4 is specifically made for Cannabis. That is what Grodan told me.

i grew in rockwool had a problem from start unbuffered rockwool luckily i caught it still my leaves was curling and dying whole way through u must always buffer rockwool and ph wont mess it like that 6.0ph i perfectly exceptable and u can grow in small rockwool i posted a link in this thread with someone successfully growing with volksgardent u just veg for less time. if u dont buffer rockwool it will be between 7 or 8 ph everytime u feed the ph will rise from unbuffered rockwool especialy if u only feed once every couple of days theres nothing else it could be hes tryed multiple nutes nothing first thing i recommend unbuffered rockwool was what he never done

i grew in rockwool had a problem from start unbuffered rockwool luckily i caught it still my leaves was curling and dying whole way through u must always buffer rockwool and ph wont mess it like that 6.0ph i perfectly exceptable and u can grow in small rockwool i posted a link in this thread with someone successfully growing with volksgardent u just veg for less time. if u dont buffer rockwool it will be between 7 or 8 ph everytime u feed the ph will rise from unbuffered rockwool especialy if u only feed once every couple of days theres nothing else it could be hes tryed multiple nutes nothing first thing i recommend unbuffered rockwool was what he never done
Yeah sounds plausible!! Definitely worth a shot for him!
Personally I think they are just staying to wet for to long and rotting!
Interesting to see what the pH of the liquid is if squeezed the liquid from the cube in the pics!

Yeah sounds plausible!! Definitely worth a shot for him!
Personally I think they are just staying to wet for to long and rotting!
Interesting to see what the pH of the liquid is if squeezed the liquid from the cube in the pics!
i agree with them being to wet but for 2 to 3 weeks they was fine nutrient deficiency can cause poor uptake of nutes and water and will take a while to show i think over time the water uptake has reduced and eventually caused root rot over the 3 weeks when i first grew in rockwool i fed them 24hrs a day for a week as a friend told me to my plants did not get root rot and grew nice buds i did reduce feed time after coming to this website and asking u can check my first post

If you look at my grow journal I made back in 2014 then you can see I had great success running some Grape God. I don't think the company made them exactly for cannabis, as they can grow all sorts of things. But the Grodan Improved Delta 4 is specifically made for Cannabis. That is what Grodan told me.
do u feed from a recirculating tank or to waste after u give them a feed wait for rockwool to drain then check ph and ec

Back
Top Bottom