Yellowing leaves and dying plants

VgAce

Hello all.
I have been having this ongoing issue for over 8 years now. I have talked with hydro stores and people online and nobody seems to have the answer. My situation is that whenever I put plants into bloom, about 2-3 weeks into bloom they will yellow and die. It is guaranteed every time. I have tried so many things but nothing works. They all face the same fate.
I can clone my plants and have them veg no problem. They all grow green and lush. But when I put them in to bloom they only last about 2-3 weeks before they start to yellow and die.The yellowing starts at the top and then it will eventually claim the entire plants. This is on any strain I grow.

Here are some details about my current grow:
I have grown in many different medias but they have all been a variation on hydro.
I am currently growing in a Volksgarden. Look it up, it is a really cool rotating drum that circles around a 600W lamp.

I have my plants in Grodan Delta 4 Rockwool cubes. They are 3.5 inch cubes.
PH is always 6.0
PPM out of the tap is 110 and I am using a boogie brew water filter.
I used Dynagro Bloom 1 part nutrient.
Additives i use are Orca and Silica.

The attached pictures show the dead plants. I even cut open one of the cubes. I see no evidence of root rot. I also talked to a water testing company and they told me that the white residue is just calcium. Nothing to worry about.

I am at my wits end. Every single time I send my plants into bloom they face the same fate. They almost all just yellow and die. Everything I try and do just makes the situation worse. Please help.

20220923_064632.jpg

20220923_064638.jpg

20220923_064642.jpg

20220923_192900.jpg

20220923_192905.jpg

20220923_192908.jpg

Are the plants just in the cube the whole grow ?

What's the ppm's of your feed ?

Cheers
well I transplanted the clones into the cubes and then they are there for the full bloom of 60 days.
PPM of the feed starts at 700 for the first week, and then by the end I usually don't go higher than 900ppm.

Uh, you are missing a step.

Where do you expect the roots to grow ?

They need to be in a larger container.

And your feed is too strong.

Cheers
The volksgarden has these plastic holders that hold the rockwool cubes. The volksgarden was built to work only with the Delta 4 rockwool cubes. They are 3.5 inch x 3.5 inch. There is no way to increase the root area.

What do you mean the feed is too strong? What would you run it as?

well I transplanted the clones into the cubes and then they are there for the full bloom of 60 days.
PPM of the feed starts at 700 for the first week, and then by the end I usually don't go higher than 900ppm.
what do u transplant from and do u pre soak rockwool

The plants have root rot from the pics you posted!!
See how brown the roots are in your pics they should be crisp white!
I've seen some great results with cubes but they were 150mm x 150mm or 6 inch cubes.
Are you keeping the cubes soaked all the time??

theres a post on here from 2009 someone has used that sytem successfully heres the link he tells u everything he used
the stem dont look right either at the bottom

Omega Garden's Volksgarden Rotary Garden
I have seen that post and read through it. He uses CNS and used almost double the PPM strength I am using.
On top of that the CNS is 1/4 the price and it is a simple one part formula unlike Canna. I keep the nutrient mixture light (800 PPM) for veg since they are new to the Volksgarden at that point. In flower in the first week I give them 1000 - 1200 ppms for the first week, after that 1500.

so why did u not try what he done it worked are u using same nutes every time
i've used CNS grow but did not like it. It is really milky. I have used many different kinds of nutrients over the years. From GH to Dynagro. The nutrients don't seem to make a difference.
Would the boogie brew filter do anything bad? All I know is that it filters the chlorine out of the water.

I have seen that post and read through it. He uses CNS and used almost double the PPM strength I am using.
Mate the roots are rotten on the pic!!
They are not ment to be brown!!
If roots are wet all the time in the cube with no aeration they will rot which has happened to the plant in your pics!!

What would you suggest I do to stop that then?
Let them have a dry cycle of maybe a day or less between watering.

If roots are wet all the time with aeration like in DWC or RDWC it's fine because they are getting oxygen but in the cubes there is no aeration and they are rotting!!
When the cube drys the roots will grow looking for water.

what do u transplant from and do u pre soak rockwool
I transplant them straight from the Turboklone. When I transplant them into the rockwool I do soak the entire cube in a light nutrient solution. But I have never heard of pre-soaking the rockwool. What would that do?

Let them have a dry cycle of maybe a day or less between watering.

If roots are wet all the time with aeration like in DWC or RDWC it's fine because they are getting oxygen but in the cubes there is no aeration and they are rotting!!
When the cube drys the roots will grow looking for water.
Ok. I knew of another person that did grow in a DWC and she was told to use Canna nutrients and then with each res change she would add a mixture of hygrozyme and 29% H202. It is what a hydro store told her to do and she always had pearly white roots. I suppose I could try it. Obviously I would not use bennies but it could allow the cubes to get more oxygen from the h202 and the hygrozyme would break down any dead root material.
What do you think?

I transplant them straight from the Turboklone. When I transplant them into the rockwool I do soak the entire cube in a light nutrient solution. But I have never heard of pre-soaking the rockwool. What would that do?
are all your plants dead if not try dunking rockwool in ph5.8 feed 1/4 strength repeatedly

Back
Top Bottom