Yellowing leaves

overwatering often causes the lower roots to atrophy. That is my current theory. I want the OP to do a forensic analysis of these roots when this grow is completed, just to see what the root structure down low looks like.
Atrophy might be a better description than 'root rot' as some people describe what happens. The roots act like they just stop growing or repairing damage from sitting in a water saturated soil for any great length of time. Especially when there is little to no aerated water movement.

I feel that the same sort of root problems exist when the opposite plant abuse happens such as when the water is held back. It starts when the grower waters properly for awhile and the plant develops a good root system along with a healthy above ground structure of strong branches, stems and leaves. Then not enough water is used during watering sessions along with longer than normal gaps between these watering sessions. Keep doing this and after a month or so the plant drops leaves and does not replace them Thinner stems will die off and new growth from the growing tips is close to non-existent.

Remaining leaves show signs of nutrient deficiency but not because the nutrients are not in the soil but because the consistent lack of water makes it impossible for any uptake. Even the use of the latest and greatest 'wonder' fertilizer mix does nothing.

Insects move in and with the plant already struggling the insect damage progresses faster since the normal insect resistance is gone all of which adds to the mess.

Sometimes when I have more clones on the bench than I have room in the flowering tent I do strange things with those plants. And that is the #1 reason I do not let the "plant abuse police" know about my basement grow room;).

Atrophy might be a better description than 'root rot' as some people describe what happens. The roots act like they just stop growing or repairing damage from sitting in a water saturated soil for any great length of time. Especially when there is little to no aerated water movement.

I feel that the same sort of root problems exist when the opposite plant abuse happens such as when the water is held back. It starts when the grower waters properly for awhile and the plant develops a good root system along with a healthy above ground structure of strong branches, stems and leaves. Then not enough water is used during watering sessions along with longer than normal gaps between these watering sessions. Keep doing this and after a month or so the plant drops leaves and does not replace them Thinner stems will die off and new growth from the growing tips is close to non-existent.

Remaining leaves show signs of nutrient deficiency but not because the nutrients are not in the soil but because the consistent lack of water makes it impossible for any uptake. Even the use of the latest and greatest 'wonder' fertilizer mix does nothing.

Insects move in and with the plant already struggling the insect damage progresses faster since the normal insect resistance is gone all of which adds to the mess.

Sometimes when I have more clones on the bench than I have room in the flowering tent I do strange things with those plants. And that is the #1 reason I do not let the "plant abuse police" know about my basement grow room;).
This could be a reason, they definitely reacted wierd on advices i had even before to water then leave them to dry out completely.
".... It starts when the grower waters properly for awhile and the plant develops a good root system along with a healthy above ground structure of strong branches, stems and leaves. Then not enough water is used during watering sessions along with longer than normal gaps between these watering sessions..."
I was giving them same amount of water or just bit increased even though they grew up so it maybe be this exact matter, then I couldn't water for 1 day extra under changed light (from 7h of direct sunlight to 13h 400whps) and that's when all this started :( , 3 days ago watered them with about 1.2l water each, one of them used up that 3 of them couldn't due to being smaller and hit more with situation, Gona leave them for another 12h and see to water atleast that bigger one with actual feed. Hope it goes better or atleast doesn't go worse ... And I changed the bulb to 250w HPS

3 days ago watered them with about 1.2l water each, one of them used up that 3 of them couldn't due to being smaller
I have never measured how much water to give to a plant. I start to water and put in what I think is the right amount for plant of that size and as soon as some starts to leak out the holes in the bottom of the pot I stop. Nor have I kept track of how many days since the last time I watered. I look at the plants and water those that need it. Sometimes I do the test by using my finger to dig a small hole to see how deep the dry layer goes. I pick up the container to get a feeling of how heavy it is.

If the water starts to come out the bottom right away then I understand that the soil might have been drier than it should have been. That means coming back 30 minutes later and adding more and checking how much water before it starts to come out.

This could be a reason, they definitely reacted wierd on advices i had even before to water then leave them to dry out completely.
It can be confusing, that I understand. One big problem is that we are not there with them looking at the plants and soil. We are just looking at a photo and that is not the same as seeing it right in front of us. We have to ask ourselves "what does drying out completely look like and what does it feel like and just how heavy is completely dry soil?".

We have to be able to read the plant and notice the first signs it gives that water will be needed within the next 12 hours or so. Plants in pots under lights do it and plants outside in the ground do it. We just have to keep looking until we see what the plant is showing.

Gona leave them for another 12h and see to water atleast that bigger one with actual feed. Hope it goes better or atleast doesn't go worse ...
Most likely there is little that can be done for the plants in the photos. We have to learn from what we have seen and apply it to the next plants so that we can recognize a problem when it is just starting.

Once we get the hang of it, it is easy to do and the plants have fewer problems. Try to do what has to be done before it becomes a problem. And if we do that then any new problem that happens is often easier to fix.

I have never measured how much water to give to a plant. I start to water and put in what I think is the right amount for plant of that size and as soon as some starts to leak out the holes in the bottom of the pot I stop. Nor have I kept track of how many days since the last time I watered. I look at the plants and water those that need it. Sometimes I do the test by using my finger to dig a small hole to see how deep the dry layer goes. I pick up the container to get a feeling of how heavy it is.

If the water starts to come out the bottom right away then I understand that the soil might have been drier than it should have been. That means coming back 30 minutes later and adding more and checking how much water before it starts to come out.

It can be confusing, that I understand. One big problem is that we are not there with them looking at the plants and soil. We are just looking at a photo and that is not the same as seeing it right in front of us. We have to ask ourselves "what does drying out completely look like and what does it feel like and just how heavy is completely dry soil?".

We have to be able to read the plant and notice the first signs it gives that water will be needed within the next 12 hours or so. Plants in pots under lights do it and plants outside in the ground do it. We just have to keep looking until we see what the plant is showing.

Most likely there is little that can be done for the plants in the photos. We have to learn from what we have seen and apply it to the next plants so that we can recognize a problem when it is just starting.

Once we get the hang of it, it is easy to do and the plants have fewer problems. Try to do what has to be done before it becomes a problem. And if we do that then any new problem that happens is often easier to fix.
Thank you , yes I'm trying to learn from this , looks like 3 plants lock up and taking nutrients from leafs first from older bigger now they onto smaller ones, Budds look not to bad - looks like they are taking nutrients from whole plant and putting into Budds.
Now for cause I have 3 things I think about

1- for some reason they got damaged roots from water
2- bugs damaged roots
3- I used garlic homemade solution for pests day or two before all started happening ( solution consists of 2garlic clove , 1teaaspoon of organic soap, 200ml of olive oil)

Aside from that I live on Malta, what that means.....
-Humidity is normally around 80%
-Temperature where they have been outside was peaked daily 47 degre Celsius - after I tought they looked like taking a tol from that heat I bought hps400w and put it for 15h couple days about same time I sprayed with that garlic ..... So yeah, have no idea what exactly caused it...

Wel i just cut one of them early to try to save atleast couple buds and I removed her from pot so you can see root in this video, tell me if you see anything wrong with it !

Wel i just cut one of them early to try to save atleast couple buds and I removed her from pot so you can see root in this video, tell me if you see anything wrong with it !
Google Drive: Sign-in
You have to host your photos on the 420 website itself and not on a different website. Especially do not host anywhere that requires people to register with that other website. As it is, only you and a few people who might know about 'Google Drive' can see the photo.

Anyway, start up a new msg and type up whatever you wanted to say about the roots. Then at the bottom of the msg should be a little box that says "Attach files". It might show a paper clip. Click on that.

A new window will pop up and work your way to where you have your photo stored on your computer, or phone if that is what you use. Follow the basic instructions and your photo will end up in the msg you typed up when you click on the 'post reply' button.

You have to host your photos on the 420 website itself and not on a different website. Especially do not host anywhere that requires people to register with that other website. As it is, only you and a few people who might know about 'Google Drive' can see the photo.

Anyway, start up a new msg and type up whatever you wanted to say about the roots. Then at the bottom of the msg should be a little box that says "Attach files". It might show a paper clip. Click on that.

A new window will pop up and work your way to where you have your photo stored on your computer, or phone if that is what you use. Follow the basic instructions and your photo will end up in the msg you typed up when you click on the 'post reply' button.
Ah I see

This is a pic but can't attach vid it's 5min long 😅

Screenshot_20220831_190007_com.google.android.apps.photos.jpg

This is a pic but can't attach vid it's 5min long 😅
The problem with videos is their larger size requires a lot of storage space. The workaround for videos is to upload it to youtube which is pretty much designed to handle the file size and the damands on the system by people wanting to watch the video. If you have a youtube account you could do that and then give us the link but I doubt you need to do it. A photo is enough more times than not.

I do not see any major problem with the root system other than it is small which I believe is because we are only seeing what did not break off when being pulled out. Lot of white roots and brown roots which are just dirty looking from being in the soil. Probably a lot more roots around the edges of the pot.

Back
Top Bottom