Yellowing mottled leaves on flowering autos

DCn00bGrow

Hey gius,
so i'm growing 2 autos outdoors, northern delights and sweet dwarf, and the ladies have started flowering (yay !!)
however, their lower leaves are all yellow and the sweet dwarf even have brown spots everywhere (see the pictures)
photo_2512.JPG
photo_1580.JPG

I don't know what it is actually. I'm feeding them some FF Big bloom and keeping a little bat guano (8-3-1) mixed because they still need some N, as flowering only started 10 days ago.

So is it N deficiency ? nute burns ? or some pests ? i cant see any bug under the leaves and i spray neem oil and soap every week

I'm kind of puzzled especially for the worst affected sweet dwarf. Any hint would be appreciated. Thanks

Nitrogen Deficiency

Problem: A cannabis nitrogen deficiency will cause the older, lower leaves on your plant to turn yellow, wilt away and eventually die.
The yellow leaves of a nitrogen deficiency may show signs of brown, and they will usually become soft and sort of "fold" in, before turning crispy and falling off on their own.
If the yellowing leaves are at the top of your plant or the yellow leaves are mostly new growth, then you probably don't have a nitrogen deficiency. Nitrogen deficiencies always affect the oldest, lowest leaves first.

Nitrogen is a mobile nutrient, which means it can move throughout the plant as needed. Cannabis needs nitrogen to keep leaves green and make energy from light. All new leaves get plenty of nitrogen to make them green and help with photosynthesis. The leaves that get the most light are the newest, youngest leaves, so the plant "wants" to give those leaves priority for getting light.

If new leaves aren't getting enough nitrogen, the plant will start to "steal" nitrogen from the older, lower leaves, so that it can give it to newer leaves. This is what causes the yellowing and wilting of a nitrogen deficiency.

It's relatively normal for your cannabis plant's leaves to start turning yellow towards the end of your flowering cycle as the plant becomes nitrogen deficient while creating buds.

However, if your cannabis plant is losing lower leaves fast due to yellowing (if yellowing and dying leaves is "climbing" up the plant from the bottom), especially in the vegetative stage before plant is making buds, you have a problem that you will need to fix as soon as possible.

nitrogen_deficiency.jpg

Hey gius,
so i'm growing 2 autos outdoors, northern delights and sweet dwarf, and the ladies have started flowering (yay !!)
however, their lower leaves are all yellow and the sweet dwarf even have brown spots everywhere (see the pictures)
photo_2512.JPG
photo_1580.JPG

I don't know what it is actually. I'm feeding them some FF Big bloom and keeping a little bat guano (8-3-1) mixed because they still need some N, as flowering only started 10 days ago.

So is it N deficiency ? nute burns ? or some pests ? i cant see any bug under the leaves and i spray neem oil and soap every week

I'm kind of puzzled especially for the worst affected sweet dwarf. Any hint would be appreciated. Thanks

It Seems To Me You Have Nitrogen Def. And Nute Burn. But Your Nitrogen NPK Is High So Need More Info. How Much Nutes In Your Water You Mixing?Also Your Nitrogen NPK Is Too High For Flowering Stage And You Need More Of A Higher Phos Nute To Help Increase Development Of Your Buds.I Have Some Questions For You.

1. How Much Nutes You Mix Per Gallon?

2.What Is Your Feeding Schedule?

3.What Soil You Using?

4.What Is Your PH Level? (Water+Soil)

Please Reply To Me Fast And Ill Do My Best To Help You!

Thanks man

1. I use 1.5 table spoons of bat guano (8-3-1) and 1.5 table spoons of FF big bloom per gallon of water + 2 teaspoons of kelp twice a week
2. feeding schedule is about one feeding every 2 days
3. soil is black gold (0.05 N)
4. PH level is between 6 and 6.5 actually. I aim for 6.2 water after adding the nutes

Thanks man

1. I use 1.5 table spoons of bat guano (8-3-1) and 1.5 table spoons of FF big bloom per gallon of water + 2 teaspoons of kelp twice a week
2. feeding schedule is about one feeding every 2 days
3. soil is black gold (0.05 N)
4. PH level is between 6 and 6.5 actually. I aim for 6.2 water after adding the nutes

My Opinion Is You Are Using Too Much N! You Want More Of Phos Then Anything. You Want To Aim For A NPK Of 1-3-2 For Flowering.For Me,Bat Guano Is Only Good For Veg And Transitioning To Flower,Also Try Adding 2-4ML Of 3% Hydrogen Peroxide,This Will Help Your Nute Block.Try Feeding Reg Water At PH 6.3,Then Every 2-3 Days Use Hydrogen Peroxide And Give It A Week.Then After 1 Week Feed Your Plant 1/2 Nutes Of FF Big Bloom And Kelp Then Full Feeding After Your Plant Looks Healthy.

Hey guys
thanks for all the answers.
i went for a full flush over the last 2 days, no H2O2 though, i didn't want to nuke the nice bugs that had probably developed in the soil.
Hopefully, they will get better.

It's my first grow (DC Initiative 71 and stuff) so lots of mistakes probably but inch'allah, next one will be even doper. So far I love the journey and the outcome will be a bonus either way.

Back
Top Bottom