Yellowing plant and drying up

I have not problem helping, but I need to know whats been done, so far..
So far I have stopped feeding. Just keeping the water and pH good. And it seems to be working! Here is the latest update. So the plant I had problems with is barely making it. I planted another seedling next to it and it has taken off. That is the plant you see in the picture. However something still seems off a little. I added a few more fish to the tank. I was around 5 gold fish in a ~40 gal system. Hopefully the added fish will help with more nutrients.

420-magazine-mobile85178267.jpg

Sent from my SM-N910V using 420 Magazine Mobile App

As well I have changed the light. Now I have a 2ft florescent 2 bulb fixture with bulbs "for plant groth" they have a pink tinge to them and have made a huge difference in plant growth.

There are all kinds of PH balance products on the web. Be careful with them but they work ! To keep it simple I just use white vinegar ( in the water for soil grow ) sparingly to lower PH. Test Test test to get it right. Tiger Bloom has less Nitrogen than a Vege fertilizer so check the makeup of the nute prior to use. Your plant wants more nitrogen.Always read about any product prior to use and you will grow nice weeds with not too much trouble. The grow lights you switched to will do ok but as you get into this a little deeper you may want to study up the way you are growing, Nutes and lighting. You'll be hooked once you get a little deeper into it. good Luck !!

Part of the thrill of raising beautiful specimens is scratching your way to perfection. It take a few grows and a few mishaps but like everyone else finds in time. Perfection !!

Part of the thrill of raising beautiful specimens is scratching your way to perfection. It take a few grows and a few mishaps but like everyone else finds in time. Perfection !!
Thank you! I do plan on going into in perfect grow hopefully in time I can learn enough from the wonderful people on this forum and have great results. I have so far.

I wouldn't use pH product in aquaponics, unless its an emergency. No citric products as you'll effect your positive bacterial growth. I'd add as little as possible, other than Iron. You will definitely require some form of iron chelate, use worm castings minimum. I recommend FeEDDHA for new systems and FeEDPA for older systems. As far as pH, the nitrification of ammonia will naturally correct it over time. After aquaponics is established, its pretty much self sustaining if you supplement properly. Let me know if you need more help, I'm here..

I wouldn't use pH product in aquaponics, unless its an emergency. No citric products as you'll effect your positive bacterial growth. I'd add as little as possible, other than Iron. You will definitely require some form of iron chelate, use worm castings minimum. I recommend FeEDDHA for new systems and FeEDPA for older systems. As far as pH, the nitrification of ammonia will naturally correct it over time. After aquaponics is established, its pretty much self sustaining if you supplement properly. Let me know if you need more help, I'm here..
So my system seams to need to be topped off one or twice a month and it takes about 4 gallons to fill it back up. The water that I fill it with is really basic.

Do you think that will have a effect on my grow? Also I have a few bottom feeders in the tank now? Good or bad addition? I only added them to fight some of the dirty tank.

I use town tap water (>8.0pH). My system is greater than 1300gals, and I top it off daily with about 5-10gals because uptake and evaporation.

..bottom feeders will help..

I use town tap water (>8.0pH). My system is greater than 1300gals, and I top it off daily with about 5-10gals because uptake and evaporation.

..bottom feeders will help..
Perfect, thank you, I use a town well. And with a 35 -40 gal system how many fish would be the ideal about? I currently have a few gold fish. Like 4 and 2 larger gold fish and 3 sucher fish.

I do not do hydro either but typically drying leaves is due to humidity being too low. What is the humidity in the room? 65% during flowing would be optimal.

Sent from my SM-G920R4 using 420 Magazine Mobile App

I do not do hydro either but typically drying leaves is due to humidity being too low. What is the humidity in the room? 65% during flowing would be optimal.

Sent from my SM-G920R4 using 420 Magazine Mobile App
My humidity hangs around 68% in veg. My system is in a small mostly sealed room.

Its hard to say, in a small tank. I don't take measurements by fish count. Get yourself a freshwater "Masters Test Kit" for ammonia, nitrites, and nitrates. Buy it in any frish supply store for about $20.

pH: 6.4-6.8
(NH4)Ammonia: 0.0ppm
(NO2)Nitrites: 0.0ppm
(NO3)Nitrates: 20-50ppm

Its hard to say, in a small tank. I don't take measurements by fish count. Get yourself a freshwater "Masters Test Kit" for ammonia, nitrites, and nitrates. Buy it in any frish supply store for about $20.

You are a god send! Thank you so so so much!

So the test results show
PH 6.6
0 ppm Ammonia
0 ppm Nitrites
~160 ppm Nitrates

Back
Top Bottom