Zeppelina's First Indoor Grow Journal - 2015

zeppelina

Hallo everyone.
this is my very first grow. I don't exactly know the strain, but it has great genetics (have smoked pollinated female, this seeds i have from) and its indica.
I'm Growing in my garage in a little grow box, made by myself.
Started at the end of February, 2 months ago.

setup I've got:
grow box: 100/60/30 CM
1x 150W HPS bulb with reflector made by me
2x 85W CFL (6400k and 2700k)
2x 30W CFL (6400k and 2700k)
some coolers from PC
mechanical timer
2x 7L pots
good quality soil
PH tester
Humidity & Temperature tester
fox farm organic fertilizer - big bloom

I will post photos till today very fast, than will continue day by day...

day 1
day_2_-_morning.jpg

day 11 (growbox)
day_5_-_growbox.jpg

day 16

day 22

day 31 - suspected 1 of my plants was male

day 39 - made sure, it was male. so i removed a male plant. and added 2 newly started seeds.

at this point, i switched to 12/12 light cycle.
day 49 - 2 weeks into flowering:

day 55 - 3 weeks flowering:

In the flowering stage, plant started to grow so fast, I ran out of my space, so i made a hole in my box and put pot into it, to get some extra 20 CM. even it did not help, so I had to tie my plant down :(
day 62 - 4 weeks into flowering:

the last image is about a week old. I'll take some new photos and post here.

any suggestions appreciated.

With limited grow height, you might want to consider topping or Fimming to have the plant spread out. It looks like the Sativa is pretty dominant with the stretching that much.

Check out my journal if you want a good idea of what can be done with very limited space. I currently only have 4 feet of total height, and so really about 1.5-2 feet of available plant space. My girl has been in flower for 3 weeks and is just at 12" from the soil, but has 22 main colas

Also, do you have your little plants on a 12/12 cycle as well? Are they autos? If not they will start to flower early and wont produce much of yield

You also get most of the lumens in a CFL from the side of the bulb where there is more surface area. So, it would help a little with more light if you can turn those CFL's on their side.

CFL5.jpg

With limited grow height, you might want to consider topping or Fimming to have the plant spread out. It looks like the Sativa is pretty dominant with the stretching that much.

Check out my journal if you want a good idea of what can be done with very limited space. I currently only have 4 feet of total height, and so really about 1.5-2 feet of available plant space. My girl has been in flower for 3 weeks and is just at 12" from the soil, but has 22 main colas

Hi UltraDan, thank you very much for posting. the plant, seeds i have from, was grown outside, and it was max 80 centimeters (2 feet 7½ inches). this already is about 1 meters (3.28 feet) I'm considering to build bigger growbox this weekend, not to reduce yields by topping. (am i right?)

22 main colas sounds very good result. wish u healthy growth!
I am subscribing to your thread to keep up and get the ideas.

---

Also, do you have your little plants on a 12/12 cycle as well? Are they autos? If not they will start to flower early and wont produce much of yield

You also get most of the lumens in a CFL from the side of the bulb where there is more surface area. So, it would help a little with more light if you can turn those CFL's on their side.

CFL5.jpg

little plants are on 12/12 cycle as well. they are not autos. I know that yield won't be much and im not worried. had seeds and used space and light and put them there.

my main objective is big plant, so thats why cfls are hanging so.

thx for posting again.

I have a question.
What happens if i cut the top of the plant? do i stress the plant? do i speed down flowering time by topping at this point?

and another question. plant used to have thick leaves at vegetative growth, now leaves are getting thinner, like sativa. is it normal?

ok, sorry I missed this. You don't really want to top a plant when in flower. The stress can cause it to hermie out. Next time think about topping earlier on during vegetation. It will allow your plant the stay low and bushier with multiple mains as opposed to just one.

Yes, definitely looks like a Sativa Dom pheno. With that single main stretch and the thinner leaves.

ok, sorry I missed this. You don't really want to top a plant when in flower. The stress can cause it to hermie out. Next time think about topping earlier on during vegetation. It will allow your plant the stay low and bushier with multiple mains as opposed to just one.

Yes, definitely looks like a Sativa Dom pheno. With that single main stretch and the thinner leaves.

thx. Dan!
Today I've managed to add extra 15 CM (6 inches) to my growbox.
also added 2 coolers. 1 for air intake, 2nd for air circulation, inside. will add new photos tomorrow.
temperature is 25c (77F) during light and 15c (59F) when lights off. Humidity 35-55 %
PH of soil 6.8
watering every 2 days, with Fox Farm Big Bloom.
plant seems healthy and green. no yellow leaves even in the bottom. hope, harvest day will come soon : )) :D

Day 76 From seed, 6 weeks 12/12
IMG_20150508_225556.jpg

Awesome!! Looks like you still have a ways til harvest though. If it truly is a Sativa dom pheno then your flower time will be a little longer. They like to take their time to sweeten up. You are probably looking at 80-90 days in flower, but that's just a rough estimate. Your buds should start to get a little fatter in the coming weeks and then you can start watching trichome colors to see just when you want to harvest.

Very Nice!!!

thx Dan! you are very supportive!
I adore this forum! I'm already subscribed to lots of threads and learning lots of staff. planning to use all the knowledge for next growth and my next journal will be much more organized and full : ))

question for ya:
I'm feeding my baby with only nutrient - big bloom. is it worth buying and adding any other fertilizer? shipping will take aprox. 2 weeks. As I think, plant will finish maybe month or later. what do u suggest?

Back
Top Bottom