Zombie Root Plant?

Ohhhh!!! I've seen this before!!!! It is a very rare Cannabis Plant. It seems that it matures in approx 65 days, very mold and rot resistant, repels mosquitoes and most other pests, actually eats aphids and spider mites!!! The seeds are very hard to germinate but once it does it is hard to kill. The trichs turn to 30% amber in the last three days and grow in size if neglected.
At least, I'm pretty sure that I have seen this before - then again just vaped some of my "Beaver dam" chaff from the seed project!!! Works pretty good!!! :ciao:
Like Petey the Piranha plant?

Well if anyone cares to know it turns out to be a clover. The Crimson Clover, aka an Italian clover. Shout out to Fox farms for putting a toy in their cereal box.idk if I’m going to keep a clover though. Not sure if it’s invasive or not but I don’t think I need to find out.

prolly way too late but clover makes for good cover crop, it helps fix nitrogen….
Unfortunately it is too late but I still appreciate the input. I was reading it’s generally used as a safer weed to fend off pesky weeds. its all in my closet so I’ve never really used companion plants or anything like that except a couple marigolds when I saw evidence of bugs.

But since it’s been brought up, besides clover, do you have any recommendations for synergetic companion Plants I can add to the pots? I saw my friends grow a couple years ago with living soil and it had a whole colony of little weeds and what nots on the soils surface. It looked really cool and he said they were all beneficial.

marigolds when I saw evidence of bugs.
I planted Marigolds last year and they were covered in Japanese Beetles - I was squishing them by the hundreds!!!! I may rethink Marigolds for this year!!! :hmmmm:

I planted Marigolds last year and they were covered in Japanese Beetles - I was squishing them by the hundreds!!!! I may rethink Marigolds for this year!!! :hmmmm:
They are for the indoor grown to draw any pests out of the important plants once they discover the den. But I only keep them in there long enough to either die from the change in light intensity and schedule or till I can kill enough bugs to halt their progress. They eventually have to check out the bright colors where I can More easily spot them. I just refuse to spray my plants with anything other than homemade pepper water with peppers I grow lol. If the water doesn’t work I get desperate with the marigolds.

Oh my gosh I’m sorry I just read your comment the right way. I thought you were saying I should rethink using them. My bad. I’m sorry to hear that it went south for you, but if I was a bug I’d love to call those home too!

not that well versed on companion plants beyond my simplistic view of them... I use small stuff clover mix, vetch even tried birdseed but timing & small size seems to matter so it’s not competing for root space with your weed girls. Mostly I do clover to fix nitrogen but my other companion plants are in seperate containers used to keep beneficial insects holding the grow room down. Just a few houseplants with rove beetles in soil and predator mites on foliage but I prolly need to refresh both critter colonies ahead of spring grow season

but I’d love to learn more. I will go so far as to say I believe there’s great merit in companion plants.. a lot of the new bio pesticides are based on aromatic plant oils - stuff like rosemary, clove, peppermint, garlic & cinnamon….

@Nunyabiz this is right up your alley!

Which means that they were a perfect companion plant and not a bad thing. Companion plants can be used to do two things, either repel insects or they can attract them. Either or both are good things.

When the Marigolds attracted the Japanese Beetles it was a benefit since you now knew where the Beetles were and that was somewhere not on you Marijuana plants. Going over there to squish hundreds of them meant that you did not have to worry about damaging the plant you were more interested in. Remove the Marigolds and it could mean an increase in gardening chores.

Mites seem to be the number one insect problem for the Marijuana growers. What to do and what plants to use to help. Marigolds attract Mites so plant them near but not with the Weed. The Mites will go to the Marigolds. Mites are repeled by the Geranium plants so those would be planted in with the Weed plants. The Mites will be repeled and will go to the Marigolds. Win-win situation.

Time to rethink the rethinking of the Marigolds for this year.
:cool:
:)

Time to rethink
Thanx Smoke - I've only been growing for 3 years and this 70 year old brain has had to take in a loooooot of new information :hmmmm: My gawd, if I'd studied this hard in school I coulda bin a Rocket Surgeon!!!! And now I gotta go git Super Geraniums!!!! I'm working on a "Transmogifier" as the wife calls it....it's a compound parabolic solar heat accumulator that I will use to "cook" my cococanna oil.

was trolling 420 the other day and found pics by @Lerugged of rooftop garden with flowers as companion plants. I know they are seriously skilled so maybe Lerugged can drop intel on pest resistant companion plants

too funny greenjeans yeah if I’d have studied way back when I might have become a brain mechanic

Thanx Smoke - I've only been growing for 3 years and this 70 year old brain has had to take in a loooooot of new information :hmmmm: My gawd, if I'd studied this hard in school I coulda bin a Rocket Surgeon!!!! And now I gotta go git Super Geraniums!!!! I'm working on a "Transmogifier" as the wife calls it....it's a compound parabolic solar heat accumulator that I will use to "cook" my cococanna oil.
Ah, we are the same generation.;)

I don't remember all this stuff. The 'companion' plants was something I read about 50 years ago in a magazine called Organic Gardening and Farming. They would run an article about it a couple times a year, each with different companions and different plants that the author was trying to protect. There is no need to remember any of the combinations, just that the method it there and how it works. Then, when needed it is as easy as if I was using the Imperial Library of Tantor and I just start google searching using key word phrases like "companion plants for mites" and "plants that attract mites" to pick up the rest of the info.

Back
Top Bottom