Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Here's my plan (closet setup)

420 Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Here's my plan (closet setup)

Wow I thought so lol. Thank you :-) All part of the fun learning process. I'll have to get some correct bloom ferts next week on payday.

420 Member
    Post Thanks / Like

The red circle at the top is my exhaust fan, the red circle to the right & at the bottom is my intake fan. The red line indicates the part which is not in view, which is open (no wood blocking the space in between each compartment.

edit: I've just plugged in a power-board behind the closet, the fans are now set to 24/7 and lights 12/12

I think in the last few days since I've had the closet setup, even with the fans being off at night, I've noticed more smell coming from her at night than during the day when lights are on..

420 Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Where the red line is it's just a pole.

420 Member
    Post Thanks / Like

No worries at all mate :-) I'll be very interested to see how she does now with fans going 24/7! And I definately need a high P fert as soon as I can! Which will probably be next week Monday or Tuesday. Cheers for your help mate!

420 Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Like toaster I too am worried about when to harvest. I'm ordering a 100X microscope tomorrow which should be here in 7-14 days time hopefully. There are now trics appearing on every flower on the plant. I will post some pics on friday for ya'll to see ;-)

Even though I cannot tell the colour of the trics with my cheap magnifying glass, I'm confident that if I can't check them under a microscope for 2 more weeks, it shouldn't really matter. Once I post some pictures in 2 days time I hope someone will be able to re-assure me that everything is fine and to just sit tight and wait for my microscope!

Yee-haa!

420 Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Photo time

Day 132

Intake fan and power supply

Exhaust fan (tiny ain't it)

In 3 days time I plan to buy 2x 100W equivilent warm-white CFLs & 2x 100W equivilent cool-white CFLs to add to the lighting rig. Considering at the moment I'm only running 4x 75W equiv. warm-whites, installing the extras will more than double the light output. I'll probably have to upgrade the exhaust fan to a larger size, cos that one in there now is really small LOL. And maybe install an extra intake fan.

I visited a hydro supplies store the other day, and the sales-person talked me into leaving with a $20 bottle of "Nulife WeightPLus Potassium" lol. It's ok because it's highly concentrated Potassium and Phosphorus, you only mix 1ml of this stuff with 1 Litre of water. So it will last a very long time. That should see me right till harvest.

Next grow I'll be starting a journal from scratch with some clones, using half soil and half perlite in my closet space. Still, looking forward to when this lady is ready for harvest, it's been a long 5 months and intensive learning experience. And the help I've received from 420 members has been priceless. Thank you all

Fallen Cannabis Warrior Medical Marijuana's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Watch yer watering. The burnt leaf tip and curl down are a sign your medium is too wet. Wet/dry cycle is a must.

420 Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I will Moose :-) I thought the leaf tips were a sign of nute burn from the double-dose of MG she received a few weeks back? Or do both nute burn and over wet mediums look very similar?

Throughout this grow I've learned that my medium does not drain well at all.. And I doubt it holds air pockets very well either. Not to mention I think the pot is way to big for the size of the plant It was originally outdoors which is why I went for such a large pot. My next grow I'll be using half perlite, half soil, perhaps 12/12 from clones using the SCROG method. Haven't really decided yet. Gotta get this harvest outta the way first.

Ha ha it's funny I'm looking forward to starting my next grow almost more than smoking this harvest. Growing, it seems, can become just as addictive (even more so) than smoking the herb itself!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Growing is more addictive by far ;-)

Definitely let it dry between waterings, I know it's tuff!

No more N, Looks like some Epsom salts may help a bit.

420 Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I do have some epsom salts :-) I watered her last night with some of my high concentrate Potash & Phosphorus solution, so she's soaking wet at the moment. Boss what would you recommend with the epsom salts?
    Also what will magnesium sulfate do for her? (I'm asking cos I'm lazy and can't be bothered looking it up lol)

edit: I could always mix up a 1 Litre solution with epsom salts and some Nulife WeightPLus Potash, and let the extra Litre of runoff drain out the bottom of the pot and discard it?

PS, I'm cutting out the N completely right up until she's ready for harvest and I can start my next grow. I'll be sticking to my Potash & Phosphorus solution with each watering, that is until pre-harvest flushing. But I'd like to get hold of some worm castings just to help a bit with each watering aswell. Unless doing so won't really be of much use at this late stage of flowering..

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Hold off on the epsom until your medium issues are dealt with. Apart from the leaf tip blemish, the plant is quite healthy. I think you will find that water in Oz is quite good (except in Adelaide), and epsom is rarely needed. It may end up making the soil too acidic which could result in nute lockout.
    The real problem is a too wet medium - everything flows from that. Let your medium dry almost to point of wilt before adding more water. Then maintain wet/dry. Coming up to budding cycle, it is very important to get your watering regimen correct.

420 Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't use Adelaide tap water, I stick to rain water down here ;-) Would I be correct in assuming that when I install my extra lighting next week, I should see an increase in water uptake by the plant? Therefore my watering cycle will be more often?

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

The plant will draw more water as growth increases from the extra light (and associated increase in temp), but I would hope your watering cycle is less as you start the wet/dry watering regimen. I can't stress enough how important it is to monitor watering.

http://www.420magazine.com/forums/no...-solution.html
    http://www.420magazine.com/forums/no...st-all-us.html
    http://www.420magazine.com/forums/ge...-dj-short.html

420 Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Fine reads Moose. My lady won't be getting ANY more water until I can see that she really needs it! Which could be several weeks (probably less once I put in the extra lights).

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Cool mate! Good luck.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast