Toaster Small Grow.

ToasterPet

Hey all,

Welcome, pull up a chair and light one up:bongrip: Toaster Is up and growing!:partyboy:
I am a bit limited on space so I have decided to go with a grow cabinet. Its about 2ft wide, 1ft deep, and maybe 5ft tall probably a little smaller. (I'll measure it tomorrow).
This grow will be done in CFL's I know I could get a better yield with a 250w hps but alas I cannot afford one at this current moment (hmmm... maybe a little I will get one). I am still on the final touches of finishing the box but here are the pics so far...

The outside, note the lock... Always be secure.
CIMG0740_800x600_.JPG

The inside top (note the vent hole, that's where the carbon scrubber will vent out)...
CIMG0741_800x600_.JPG

The bottom inside (Intake holes pre fan)...
CIMG0742_800x600_.JPG

This is the carbon scrubber, the fan on it says 110cfm but the guy who makes these say with the filter it runs more around 60 cfm.
CIMG0751_800x600_.JPG

Here are the intake fans with elbow joint to help block out light. (Both these fans are rated at 79 cfm.
CIMG0745_800x600_.JPG

Waiting for paint and for some seeds!
CIMG0766_800x600_.JPG

And finally here is the Scrubber mounted.
CIMG0752_800x600_.JPG

Well that's it for now, I'm tired... Let me know what you guys think so far, I'm always up for input. (By the way this is my first real grow, so please be nice, lol)

Stay Safe, Stay High:bongrip:

Looking forward to watching your grow.

greate start toaster
little tip for painting that thing... if the inside is laminated like it looks to be sand it down before painting to help the paint stick better. otherwise you risk having it peal and flake off on ya.
dont peal it off you sill be "stuck" with tacky walls that are dirty as hell

more CFLS the more the merry! the 23W seem to have the best Lumen/watt ratio and the balist dont create as much heat as the higher watt lights.

i have the same scrubber and it works great in a 5x5x9 room, i dont use it for my out take though will be interesting to see ir you get any smell out of there

+rep for the good start

Hey guys just a few updates I talked it over with Mrs.Toaster and she has given me the Ok to get the 250hps!!! WOHOOOO!!!:Rasta:, but it wont be for a few weeks, but I figure I can go a couple weeks of veg growth with just the CFL's...

As for the seeds I have a god friend that is sending me some, and maybe even a few clones to start with:cheesygrinsmiley: :Rasta:).

And FatJoe I've been reading up on your scrog and that was one thing I was factoring into my idea's when I decided to design this box, I will definitely being trying to scrog it I'm glad you tuned into this grow.(Be prepared to answer some questions along the way)

Thanks for the tip on sanding shaggie I didn't get a chance to paint it today because of work and what not, so I will try tomorrow.

Thank everyone for tunning in, I hope to be half as successful in my grow as most of the grows I've seen some of you do.

As always Stay Safe, Stay High.

FatJoe, the whole grow journal section is converting to coco scrog grows. you've started an online revolution. at least in my opinion.

UPDATE!!!!!!
WE HAVE CLONES!!!!!!!!!!!!
After a few days of the roughest trip of there life's the clones have arrived today!:thedoubletake: 2 of them are looking very healthy but there is a run I'm not sure is gonna make it :icon_roll poor little girl, I also planted a bag seed I had sprouted using the paper towel method. Well I know what you are all here for, so here are the pics...

First
This is the KC x Brazil and the Armed Widow. You can kinda see the Double Strawberry Disel (thats the sick one)
CIMG0783_800x600_.JPG

Here is the DSD, poor girl.
CIMG0784_800x600_.JPG

And here is the back up plan in case everything else fails(knocks on wood)...
CIMG0781_800x600_.JPG

Well thats about it for now.. oh and you may have noticed the temps are staying right around 74 so all is good there, just gonna have to make a cool tube when I get the hps to keep them down.

as always Stay Safe, Stay High.:bongrip:

put the pipes on the outside back maybe? and angle them diffrently? i know your a whiz with duct tape. im sure youll figure something out.

Yea I'm going to move them to the back after this grow. Today pulled the DSD She was a dried out little stick and wasn't gonna make it... (moment of silence)

... Ok, I'm back. well good news now I moved the Armed Widow to its own pot, So count is down to just the Armed Widow & KC x Brazil. Well thats about it, any questions so far?

!!!UPDATE!!!​

The girls are doing a lot better, I think they still might be in a bit of shock.

CIMG0820_800x600_.JPG

CIMG0819_800x600_.JPG

CIMG0817_800x600_.JPG

And I seem to have a small gnat problem, any ideas on a inexpensive solution?

Sorry for the short update, but I'm doing this on my lunch break, and need to get back to work. So as always, Stay Safe. Stay High.
:yummy::ganjamon::rollit:

I see all of the gnat bites on the leaves, you may want to try neem oil or check moose's problem and pest guide. Also, there are a few threads here that discuss alternate methods, using cigarette water and pepper, etc.... The new growth looks good. You could consider hanging a piece of mosquito net on the inside of the door to help keep the gnats out too.

Back
Top Bottom